DRL bulbs RSX 2005. And also Low beam bulbs. Please, help!!! - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Lighting RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-05-2018, 12:44 PM   #1
KazamaRSX

KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
DRL bulbs RSX 2005. And also Low beam bulbs. Please, help!!!

Hello everyone.

1) My DRL bulb has died.
Could you please, tell me of what size is the DRL bulb in 2005 RSX?
It's not the high beam bulb, I checked. Apart from the high beam bulb, there is another bulb mounted above the high beam bulb (the one which is DRL bulb).

Together with the size, please advise which one to buy (brand, model). I would really appreciate it. The brightest one and a reliable, please.

2) Also, I want to replace my stock halogen low beam bulbs for something better.
Could you advise which one is the best for halogen?

Which one is the best for LED kits?
And which one is the best for HID kits?
As for LED/HID, I'm looking for "plug and play" with not too much wiring...

Thank you very much!
KazamaRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2018, 01:07 PM   #2
BrutalB83
WILDCARD!

BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazamaRSX View Post
Hello everyone.

1) My DRL bulb has died.
Could you please, tell me of what size is the DRL bulb in 2005 RSX?
It's not the high beam bulb, I checked. Apart from the high beam bulb, there is another bulb mounted above the high beam bulb (the one which is DRL bulb).

Together with the size, please advise which one to buy (brand, model). I would really appreciate it. The brightest one and a reliable, please.

2) Also, I want to replace my stock halogen low beam bulbs for something better.
Could you advise which one is the best for halogen?

Which one is the best for LED kits?
And which one is the best for HID kits?
As for LED/HID, I'm looking for "plug and play" with not too much wiring...

Thank you very much!
It's not listed as a DRL, but I'm guessing it's the front sidemarker light? https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehi...1401&year=2006
BrutalB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #3
KazamaRSX

KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KazamaRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalB83 View Post
It's not listed as a DRL, but I'm guessing it's the front sidemarker light? https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehi...1401&year=2006
Looks like it. Thank you. Are these LED bulbs good on that website?

Old 10-05-2018, 04:56 PM   #4
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
168/194/921 all fit for the corner light, and the light that sits in the high beam reflector bowl (think those are DRL on the Canadian model) also the same bulb for the license plate.

The cheaper bulbs are a hit and miss, but I haven't had any problems with the more expensive ones from that site. Diode Dynamics also makes good bulbs, but they're a little more pricey.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:17 AM   #5
KazamaRSX

Garage
I bought Sylvania ZEVO LED bulb. The color looks nice as it is first LED light I've ever got in my car. But it's not that bright. Only visible during a night time. But LED as I know should be visible during a day time as well.

Does any one have the same DRL on RSX as me? I mean the mini bulb above High beam bulb? If yes, please advise which bulb is the best.

Thank you.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #6
BrutalB83
WILDCARD!

BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazamaRSX View Post
Looks like it. Thank you. Are these LED bulbs good on that website?
I only have the interior ones on my RSX, and those work great. I've used exterior bulbs from them on other cars with no issues for many years.
BrutalB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:43 AM   #7
KazamaRSX

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalB83 View Post
I only have the interior ones on my RSX, and those work great. I've used exterior bulbs from them on other cars with no issues for many years.
Thank you.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:12 PM   #8
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Here's what the Diode Dynamics HP5 bulbs look like. The sun's directly on the car so you can barely tell, but they're very noticeable during day or night. I'll snap some more later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	547489   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	547491  
Old 10-09-2018, 10:34 AM   #9
KazamaRSX

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
Here's what the Diode Dynamics HP5 bulbs look like. The sun's directly on the car so you can barely tell, but they're very noticeable during day or night. I'll snap some more later.
Oh, mine looks the same. May be a bit dimmer. Thank you for the pictures. Will wait for evening pictures as well.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:01 PM   #10
mfarmakas17

Here's some more. This was early in the morning, and again around 9 am. Matches my 6k HID's very nicely. Sorry about the sideways orientation lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Size:	683.1 KB
ID:	547493   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpeg
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	547495   Click image for larger version

Name:	image11.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	547497   Click image for larger version

Name:	image22.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	547499  
Old 10-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #11
KazamaRSX

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
Here's some more. This was early in the morning, and again around 9 am. Matches my 6k HID's very nicely. Sorry about the sideways orientation lol
Wow, mine is not that bright at night. Will need to try Diode Dynamics.
Thank you.