S2000 Show-Off: Cause we have a forum now! - Page 39 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Honda S2000
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-07-2015, 04:19 PM   #951
Reckon
Ehhhh......

Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore
Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore
Need to dyno to see if there is a change...
Reckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2015, 04:21 PM   #952
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road
Friday getting base numbers on the boltons then tune with aem
superchargedk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #953
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road

Old 07-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #954
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

Well guys my results are a pretty much double edged sword. There's good news and bad. The car made a solid 205 whp on their mainline dyno. After the aem and tune the car made a whopping 3 extra whp. Now here's the good news. We lowered vtec to about 4400 rpms and at the midrange to about 6000 rpms I made an extra 11 whp over stock. Then power wise when vtec hits on the stock ecu power is somewhat identical till about 8000 rpms where the stock ecu slowly starts to lose power where my new power band stays more consistent.. By 8500 rpms I'm 10 whp over stock ecu. Here's the graph and then a closer comparison of the numbers by rpms. I gotta give props to my mechanic. He's not a professional tuner and never tuned an s2000 or an aem ecu ever . For him to find some gains is impressive . I might go to evans tuning and see if he can clean this map in the future and get some better gains

Last edited by superchargedk20; 07-11-2015 at 04:01 PM..
Old 07-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #955
Reckon
Ehhhh......

Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore
Nice...the lowering of vtec is the main advantage of using the ems. Can't recall but what are your boltons? Test pipe and exhaust should give you more than what you had.

When I dynoed my S, I had FIPK II, 70mm Exhaust and 70mm TP and got 215 at the wheels on stock tune.

I don't have the S anymore...sold it to pay for wife's college and that didn't pan out as wife and I are now separated. I did get something to replace it though...

Old 07-12-2015, 10:00 PM   #956
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckon View Post
Nice...the lowering of vtec is the main advantage of using the ems. Can't recall but what are your boltons? Test pipe and exhaust should give you more than what you had.

When I dynoed my S, I had FIPK II, 70mm Exhaust and 70mm TP and got 215 at the wheels on stock tune.

I don't have the S anymore...sold it to pay for wife's college and that didn't pan out as wife and I are now separated. I did get something to replace it though...

Mainline dynos read more accurately and lower than other dynos. It has a dyno jet correction which was 220whp. Made a small video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i0RcJac8Xg

Last edited by superchargedk20; 07-12-2015 at 10:10 PM..
Old 07-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #957
Reckon
Ehhhh......

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
Mainline dynos read more accurately and lower than other dynos. It has a dyno jet correction which was 220whp. Made a small video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i0RcJac8Xg
That makes more sense with the boltons...that is a good set of numbers!
Old 07-13-2015, 09:02 PM   #958
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

Yea. The video is hard to tell caus it's only 10 whp at midrange then 10 whp at about 8500 rpms. I'm going to Jeff Evans in august to see if he can get some more out of the setup
Old 07-13-2015, 09:13 PM   #959
Fuccboi
y u mad tho?

Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member
Quote:

ahhhh droool
Old 07-14-2015, 01:29 AM   #960
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

Quote:

Sell audi buy another s2k!
Old 07-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #961
Reckon
Ehhhh......

Quote:
Sell audi buy another s2k!
I was actually thinking of getting another S but there were no CPO ones in my area and I didn't want to do the same mods all over again...I had the S the way I liked it and really just didn't feel like going through all of it again (it was a great experience but took time to save money for parts). The Audi is pretty much set from the get go...no need for aero parts, no need for rims (black optics rims are tight!!!), no need for a stereo upgrade (505w Bang and Olufsen system is amazing), no need for much of anything. I am going to look into the ECU and pulley upgrade for the supercharger but that is it. Its just a great full package and I really lucked out with the deal and timing.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:05 PM   #962
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

I still say get an s2k! But I bet an ecu would open that thing up tremendously. .. Picked up some jdm yO goodness

Last edited by superchargedk20; 07-21-2015 at 11:36 PM..
Old 07-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #963
Reckon
Ehhhh......

^^Nice. Its amazing what a small mod like the shift knob can do for you.

An ECU flash on the S4 opens it up tremendously. I'm at ~310hp and ~290ftlbs to the wheels right now and the flash will put me at ~400hp and ~370ftlbs to the wheels. That's just stage 1 (around $1200). Stage II usually includes a pulley upgrade which increases torque more than anything else...would put me at about ~430hp and ~390ftlbs to the wheels (around $550). I'll also be looking at getting a transmission control unit (TCU) upgrade was well (around $1000) which will increase the rev limit and change the shifting points for smoother delivery on my S-tronic system.

I think I want to keep this car as sleeper as possible so I am thinking about just doing an intake. I might do an exhaust if I can find one that is very conservative looking (which there are a few).

The flash is something I really want to do but I have to worry about warranty issues on that one. Audi is very strict and will flag the car for life for warranty work if they find the flash.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #964
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

My buddy had an rs4 and he bought his exhaust straight from germany. Was very expensive
Old 07-25-2015, 08:40 PM   #965
Reckon
Ehhhh......

Yeah...parts are pretty expensive for Audis. Most exhausts, even axle backs, will cost about ~$1500 and up. Full catbacks with downpipes get over $2000! Intakes aren't bad though, ranging from $160-$450 depending on options.

Aero parts are also pricey...but I don't plan on doing any of that.

The flashes are pretty good though. 1st stage is about $1200 and second stage is usually free with the pulley upgrade which is $550. The transmission control unit upgrade is $1000.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:45 PM   #966
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

Went to see the famous Jeff evans today . Love how the s2k came out. Feels like a different car .
Old 08-04-2015, 10:39 PM   #967
Fuccboi
y u mad tho?

Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member Fuccboi is a glorious c-rsx member
I need me an ap2
Old 08-04-2015, 11:59 PM   #968
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2kid View Post
I need me an ap1
Fixed
Old 08-05-2015, 01:31 AM   #969
White_02

White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2kid View Post
I need me an ap2
Fixed
Fixed
White_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:35 AM   #970
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

Old 08-05-2015, 08:55 PM   #971
Fuccboi
y u mad tho?

Nope. AP2.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:17 PM   #972
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

9k>8
Old 08-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #973
Fuccboi
y u mad tho?

I actually just enjoy how the AP2 looks. Would rather not have to buy an AP1 and convert. The additional .2 in displacement is a nice bonus.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:13 AM   #974
White_02

White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
And 9k over 8k isn't noticable
White_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:07 AM   #975
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

Noticeable when u hit vtec in a ap2 and it's already time shift