thinking about buying a tl - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Acura TL
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
shauntl

shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thinking about buying a tl

I'm thinking about buying a tl. I know the 2004 and up are the nicest looking style. But limited income would stick me in a 2003 or older. I have read online that people are complaining about the trasmissions. Just wondering if anyone on here has one around that year or if the people are just driving them way too hard. Any information would be very usefull. Thankyou

Shaun
shauntl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
guitarplayer16

guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
If you keep looking, you can find a 04 for a decent price.

I have an 04...

Old 12-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
shauntl

shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shauntl is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
how much did you pay for you tl and where do you live. I ask because i live in canada cars are more pricey here then in the states.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16 View Post
If you keep looking, you can find a 04 for a decent price.

I have an 04...

dat TL.

Empty Tank Crew #1
Twitter: KiensAJauk
Instagram / Snapchat: ItsKien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
kien you fat fuck, no set of wings can lift your cinna bun ass up to heaven anyway.
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
guitarplayer16

guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx guitarplayer16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauntl View Post
how much did you pay for you tl and where do you live. I ask because i live in canada cars are more pricey here then in the states.
I live in Ontario.

Around 13k private deal
I got a hell of a deal considering how many kms were on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itskien View Post
dat TL.

Last edited by guitarplayer16; 12-03-2011 at 08:25 PM..
guitarplayer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
JayDoggExclusive
That shit cray.

JayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JayDoggExclusive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
13 K for a 04 TL is pretty decent. Cars are much cheaper on the East coast though.

04 TL here in AB would probably run you close to 17-19 K give or take with 120-140 KM on it.

But OP, regardless of tranny problems, every car has their flaws dude, just depends on who you buy from and the history of the car..IMO.
1993 SSM Honda Prelude Si (H22a swap) - Sold
JayDoggExclusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
shauntl

i live in bc. They are quite pricey here as well
Old 12-10-2011, 02:47 AM   #8
Noober
Not So New Member

Noober is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Noober is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Noober is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Noober is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Noober is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Noober is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Noober is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Noober is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
03 TL? 2nd generation? save up for a type-s 07-08, they are pretty cheap now, especially around this time. i got mine during summer 2 years ago for 27gs 07 type-s w/ 40xxxkm. good deal imho.
Noober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
Mdumanski01

Mdumanski01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mdumanski01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mdumanski01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mdumanski01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mdumanski01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mdumanski01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mdumanski01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mdumanski01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Dude,.. I just bought an 05 tl, yesterday.. 70k miles for 14000 flat.. I've been looking for two weeks straight. Just keep looking dude.. And that was from a dealer
Mdumanski01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #10
rauldela
Rsx / Toyota S / Denali

rauldela is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rauldela is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rauldela is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rauldela is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rauldela is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rauldela is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rauldela is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rauldela is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
love my tl is just a chill ride got mine for 16k 50.000 on it and spoiler drives soo smoth no comolains at all
Old 01-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #11
Frayne182
Living Legend

Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
TL is pimp as hell.

Good luck.

I just took a quick look on Autotrader in my area and they are expensive as fuck. Cheapest was an 04 Auto Premium for $12k

Xbox GamerTag= Frayne Daddy
Living Legend
Most loved Canadian on CRSX 5 years running
Frayne182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #12
jayunsplanet

jayunsplanet is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
03 2G's are like $6k.. w/ probably close to 100k miles. 04+ 3G's are like $12k+, under 100k miles.
Yes, the 3G TypeS in a 6MT is hands down a great car - but those are still so pricey - Mid-20's. Prob out of the OP's range.

The tranny in my 03 went up out of the extended warranty. Acura paid for most of the replacement - which was nice. I sold it a few months later and bought an 05 TL. So much nicer.
jayunsplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #13
redxrsx-s
Master Member

redxrsx-s is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
do it!