k20a (dc5 type r) Swap ?'s - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > All Motor RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #26
kozy

kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinggun View Post
The swap went well, total time to completion was 16 hours. Removed the hood and pulled the motor straight out the top. Didn't even pull off the front bumper. No need to remove the radiator or anything. We did need to bend a heat shield a bit but other then that she sneaks right out the top. It's a tight squeeze but it can be done without damaging anything!
thats awesome, hopefully it goes a bit smoother than my old cobalt ss motor pull...
im really hoping to do this in january or so.. i just need someone to buy my
k20a2 im a bit on the broke side lol. but about the kpro, you were saying a 9k fuel cut.. how does that workout with the oil pump? ive read that the oil pump has issues past 8700 rpm with it spinning too fast.. is there something different with the itr pump?
kozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #27
TonyTypeR
nerd bomber

TonyTypeR is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozy View Post
thats awesome, hopefully it goes a bit smoother than my old cobalt ss motor pull...
im really hoping to do this in january or so.. i just need someone to buy my
k20a2 im a bit on the broke side lol. but about the kpro, you were saying a 9k fuel cut.. how does that workout with the oil pump? ive read that the oil pump has issues past 8700 rpm with it spinning too fast.. is there something different with the itr pump?
I'm sorry, fuel cut off with the new ECU will be 8800 rpm not 9000. I haven't heard of anything regarding oil pump issues. I am sending the ECU off to Hondata today!!
ITR swapped hi haters! Crew Member #1
Function>Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Spade View Post
I'm giving you a dirty ass look right now on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarbine View Post
Cliffs : You like deep throating
TonyTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #28
kozy

kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kozy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinggun View Post
I'm sorry, fuel cut off with the new ECU will be 8800 rpm not 9000. I haven't heard of anything regarding oil pump issues. I am sending the ECU off to Hondata today!!
did you get the ecu back yet?

Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #29
TonyTypeR
nerd bomber

Quote:
did you get the ecu back yet?
Not yet, I shipped it out yesterday. It'll arrive there tomorrow, and then they overnight it back to me. It'll be Friday or Monday that I get the ECU back. I"m having a hard time waiting... I want it NOW!
Function>Form

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #30
kozy

yeah lol i dont blame you, you put that work into the swap now youre stuck waiting for someone elses work. idk if i want to do the swap now or do a frank.. i wish i could ride in both cars to see how i want mine lol or that i could afford both haha
Old 10-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #31
TonyTypeR
nerd bomber

Quote:
yeah lol i dont blame you, you put that work into the swap now youre stuck waiting for someone elses work. idk if i want to do the swap now or do a frank.. i wish i could ride in both cars to see how i want mine lol or that i could afford both haha
Head down to Salt Lake, I'll take you for a ride. There's a k24 frank around too. you could get a feel for both!
Function>Form

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #32
amk-racing

amk-racing is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx amk-racing is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx amk-racing is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx amk-racing is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx amk-racing is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx amk-racing is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx amk-racing is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx amk-racing is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
which harness did you use cause i need a type r harness for mine if your interested in selling it
amk-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #33
TonyTypeR
nerd bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk-racing View Post
which harness did you use cause i need a type r harness for mine if your interested in selling it
emailed.
Function>Form

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-26-2010, 01:17 AM   #34
rex03

rex03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rex03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rex03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rex03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rex03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rex03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rex03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rex03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
How much was your ITR swap? Is it a healthy motor, have you done a compression check on it?

Does anyone know what code is for th DC5 ITR Tranny or how else you can tell if the transmission is an ITR?
rex03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #35
TonyTypeR
nerd bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex03 View Post
How much was your ITR swap? Is it a healthy motor, have you done a compression check on it?

Does anyone know what code is for th DC5 ITR Tranny or how else you can tell if the transmission is an ITR?
My ITR swap was very clean, and runs like a champ. I bought my swap from JSH motors. Call them and ask for Carlos he will take care of you. They compression test all their motors before they send them out and have all the same warranties as hmotorsonline.com!

Not sure about the transmission though!
Function>Form

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #36
SallySixSpeed

SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Youll have to take the new ecu to acura to get it programed. until then u could probably use the type s ecu for a little while just do not bang gears till u get the type r ecu. You do not need the type r axles to swap that motor in a us typeS. Only a few little things will be needed to put the type r in with ease given the right mechanical skills. You could either Take the few parts you need to swap over from the type s motor or buy the parts separate if you don't have a s motor. Also you can use the type s trans with the r motor to.
SallySixSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:42 PM   #37
SA_DC5_NW
How You DOOIN

SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SA_DC5_NW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
4 yr old bump.

Just to clarify for you. You don't need to take it to Acura to get it reprogramed. Most of us use kpro or you will be using a ITR ecu. A type s will not work, different injectors different cams, compression, car will brake up and not run correctly... The motor is a straight swap. a k20 is a k20 as far as how it mounts.
SA_DC5_NW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:07 AM   #38
rsxkid21

rsxkid21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxkid21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxkid21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxkid21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxkid21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxkid21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxkid21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxkid21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Im bringing this back from the dead! Lol
How's the swap? Do you still have it?. I'm really considering doing this Type R swap
rsxkid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #39
SallySixSpeed

SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SallySixSpeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Actually given you know exactly what youre doing you can use type s ecu with k20a swap. My master mechanic made type s ecu run with my rsx with k20a swap in it with no break ups or anything. It runs just the same as itr ecu would allow it. But thats only if you actually know what youre doing.... Like i said hes a master mechanic he builds custom ecus n all so it wasnt hard for him to make it work.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:55 PM   #40
SallySixSpeed

Also want to say for you guys who think ya know shit about cars. I been running k20a swap in my dc5 with type s ecu for over a year i bang to 82k all the time. Never threw a o2 sensor or anything. So if you have the knowledge you can use type s ecu. At leasr untill you start modding and need kpro.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #41
jamescallowa

jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Parts that you listed are pretty much what you would need.
jamescallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #42
frannickells

frannickells is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frannickells is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frannickells is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frannickells is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frannickells is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frannickells is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frannickells is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx frannickells is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Great post !

Believe me I spent 3 months researching. Finally I got K20A TYPE R installed !
frannickells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:13 PM   #43
jamescallowa

jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jamescallowa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I bought my last K20A TYPE R for RSX from http://www.bestjapaneseengines.com/

I am so happy I bought from them !
jamescallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:17 AM   #44
MelbeanUDR

MelbeanUDR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MelbeanUDR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MelbeanUDR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MelbeanUDR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MelbeanUDR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MelbeanUDR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MelbeanUDR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MelbeanUDR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Did you use the original ITR harness or did you have to use your type s harness? I'm planning on doing the swap into my 06 type s.
MelbeanUDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #45
dc5_rmnb

dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbeanUDR View Post
Did you use the original ITR harness or did you have to use your type s harness? I'm planning on doing the swap into my 06 type s.
Pretty sure its the same harness.
dc5_rmnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:28 PM   #46
midbludc5

midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Im looking into this swap buying engine only any good sites to buy from located in socal. Thanks
midbludc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:41 AM   #47
chaiyuyang

chaiyuyang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chaiyuyang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chaiyuyang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chaiyuyang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chaiyuyang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chaiyuyang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chaiyuyang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chaiyuyang is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by midbludc5 View Post
Im looking into this swap buying engine only any good sites to buy from located in socal. Thanks
HOW DId the swap go? I’m considering getting a type r complete swap in my dc5, but want to know if anyone on here had done it and is in cali? What is needed to make it legal?
chaiyuyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:05 PM   #48
midbludc5

midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx midbludc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiyuyang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by midbludc5 View Post
HOW DId the swap go? I’m considering getting a type r complete swap in my dc5, but want to know if anyone on here had done it and is in cali? What is needed to make it legal?
I now own a 2005 rsx type s I did a 2006 k20a swap motor only looking to buy a trans now but car feels amazing especially for daily driving. I got the motor on sale for 2300. Been running it for a few months now on stock ecu runs perfectly fine.
midbludc5 is offline   Reply With Quote