Exhaust questions - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Bolt-On Basics: RSX (Base)
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-17-2019, 10:57 PM   #1
quegyboe

quegyboe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx quegyboe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx quegyboe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx quegyboe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx quegyboe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx quegyboe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx quegyboe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx quegyboe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Exclamation Exhaust questions

So I am in need of a replacement catalytic converter. I am shopping online for one and noticed there are different dimensions. I cannot seem to find the dimensions for the stock header. Anyone know them? I found an apparently OEM cat but it says the in and out ports are 2.5" which contradicts what some sites say about the stock exhaust, which is apparently 1.8" on the 2002 RSX base. Help?
quegyboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM   #2
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Which brands and specific cats are you looking at? Rock Auto has some direct-fit cats. They'll only fit an RSX (and I think an EP3 Si), they're not weld-in universals, so I shouldn't think the diameter is going to be bigger than stock:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...converter,5808

I've heard good things about Walker and Eastern cats, so I'll be ordering one of theirs to turn off my CEL here soon.

Last edited by CyborgGT; Yesterday at 08:55 PM..
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote