Help with 05/06 kpro CEL - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #1
dcreech0

dcreech0 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Help with 05/06 kpro CEL

Hello all. I hope I can find some insight on here. I bought a brand new kpro v4 from HPT motorsports to include the purchase of a prb ecu core. Yesterday I found the opportunity to install the KPRO, and the correct o2 sensor from and 02-04 RSX. when I loaded the k20z1 calibration an drew started the care there was a CEL. the CEL was for "primary o2 sensory activity not detected". Also notice that when data logging the o2 sensor shows it is getting 0 volts.
So this morning I contact HPT motorsports about the problem and they forwarded me to Hondata for assistance. I spoke to a gentleman named Matt in technical assistance he and came off as if I was a neusance for calling. I started the convo with the code and advised that I installed a brand new Denso 234-9005 to which he replied "that means nothing to me." I thought this was odd since it was relevant to my convo, but continued non the less. I was advised that my sensor was incorrect, so after work I proceeded to purchase another $160 primary o2 to see if I at first bought a faulty unit. With the new eco s sensor I installed I had the same issue. Hondata' next suggestion was to fin another local car to try my KPro in. First, there are not many local 05/06 Rsx cars to me and second, what stranger is going to let me rip apart their car and install a different ECU? I was just surprised with the lack of help I got from Hondata and was basically told that if this still caused the problem then I would need to take it up with the supplier HPT.
Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had any actually advice or help.
Thanks in advance
dcreech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM   #2
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcreech0 View Post
Hello all. I hope I can find some insight on here. I bought a brand new kpro v4 from HPT motorsports to include the purchase of a prb ecu core. Yesterday I found the opportunity to install the KPRO, and the correct o2 sensor from and 02-04 RSX. when I loaded the k20z1 calibration an drew started the care there was a CEL. the CEL was for "primary o2 sensory activity not detected". Also notice that when data logging the o2 sensor shows it is getting 0 volts.
So this morning I contact HPT motorsports about the problem and they forwarded me to Hondata for assistance. I spoke to a gentleman named Matt in technical assistance he and came off as if I was a neusance for calling. I started the convo with the code and advised that I installed a brand new Denso 234-9005 to which he replied "that means nothing to me." I thought this was odd since it was relevant to my convo, but continued non the less. I was advised that my sensor was incorrect, so after work I proceeded to purchase another $160 primary o2 to see if I at first bought a faulty unit. With the new eco s sensor I installed I had the same issue. Hondata' next suggestion was to fin another local car to try my KPro in. First, there are not many local 05/06 Rsx cars to me and second, what stranger is going to let me rip apart their car and install a different ECU? I was just surprised with the lack of help I got from Hondata and was basically told that if this still caused the problem then I would need to take it up with the supplier HPT.
Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had any actually advice or help.
Thanks in advance
Did you check in kmanager that you have the right O2 sensor selected? There are various options built in and it sounds like you loaded a preset calibration, so I'd check to make sure all your sensor are set correctly in the the calibration in kmanager and reload to your ECU.
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #3
dcreech0

dcreech0 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I did check the kmanager after HPT motorsports suggested this. The box is checked for prb internal wideband. Should there be anything else checked?
dcreech0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM   #4
dustyboner
Vaginal Lubrication Tech

dustyboner is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
https://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19898
RSX fog light install guide

watch him play with his meat
dustyboner is offline   Reply With Quote