Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

You should ALWAYS bypass the Bose amp....here's why

327K views 721 replies 251 participants last post by  Cstout 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A while ago, I posted that I was getting some serious static/noise from my JVC KDSH909. The problem was the Bose amp.

I had just hooked it up with the wiring harness and although the sound quality was better, there was noise. I bypassed the amp this weekend by just putting a jumper wire between the correct wires down at the amp's connector. The noise problem has completely gone away. I highly recommend bypassing the Bose amp. :thumbs up:

#227 ·
I read this whole thread today and plan on bypassing the amp. Why do you need to use wire taps? Why cant you just (for example 1/8 wire hookup)
1) Cut off GRY/RED (#1 diagram) wire from harness (assuming leave an inch or so of the wire going to the harness and taping that end off)
2) Cut off GRN (#8 from diagram) wire from harness (assuming leave an inch or so of the wire going to the harness and taping that end off)
3) Strip the other end of the wires from #1 and #2 about a cm.
4) Crimp a male plug to the Audio Unit wire (#8)
5) Crimp a female plug to the Speaker wire (#1)
6) Plug them together.

Does this avoid the need for the wire splicers? I don't get why you would want to use the splicers on every wire when you can just crimp the male/female connectors directly to the original wires?

Thanks for answers asap.

Dj Eviscerator

#232 ·
I'm going to set up my system soon. I want to take the type s changer head unit, and have it push the rears. I'm going to take a 4-channel SVEN4 LOC and have it push the front and the subs.
My question is should I steal the signal before it goes to the amp, or should I take it at the speaker. I've read that I need to take it after because the signal would be stronger, and in this thread it contradicts saying before is better for a cleaner signal.
Also would I be better off using speaker wire from the seat amp to a LOC in the hatch or using RCAs from the LOC at the amp to the hatch?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

#235 ·
Jobber05 said:
I bypassed my amp just like the instructions, but I get no sound. My aftermarket stereo came with an adapter specifically for the bose system. If that is also installed, would that be the reason that no sound is coming?

YES!

the adapter for the bose system uses the decks preouts for power... thats why its compatible with the bose.. you must use the regular harness for 98+ hondas and hook up the speaker leads if you want to hear anything.

#242 · (Edited)
all of that shit looks confusing.... why not just take the speaker wires from the harness on the aftermarket harness and connect those to the actual speaker wires thats on the bose amp harness? splice and connect?

because in reality, your shit will still be bypassed because the signal is going from the headunit directly to the speakers and all your doing is hooking up 8 wires.

would you still end up getting signal noise that way?

On the aftermarket radio harness

White ( + )
white Black ( - )

^^ Front Right

Gray ( + )
Gray Black ( - )

^^ Front Left

Green ( + )
Green Black ( - )

^^ Rear Left

Purple ( + )
Purple Black ( - )

^^Rear Right

Hook those up accordingly to the wires leading to the speakers. Of course you got to extend the wires from the headunit to the harness on the bose amp

#243 ·
and tell me what wires you are going to connect it to on the bose harness =P

why do extra work of running all these wires when its all right there?

not to mention if you do it that way, the bose sub will no longer work....

#244 · (Edited)
and tell me what wires you are going to connect it to on the bose harness =P

why do extra work of running all these wires when its all right there?

not to mention if you do it that way, the bose sub will no longer work....

you would find the speaker wires in the harness that go to the speakers...if your asking for colors fuck if i know but there are ways you can tell and find out
i'll let you know once i tackle it. its not that hard, i dont have time to pop my seat up and look....

#246 ·
lol but you only need to cut the speaker wires anyway and tap them into the signal wires.. so its actually more work doing it your way =P

#248 ·
if you can get it to work then good.. lol but id rather not run wires all over.. if i were to use T taps on the wires, it would be easy.. install all teh taps, cut speaker wires from the amp harness, crimp on connectors, then plug them in the right spots. and plug the harness in the bose amp back in.

one way for the bose sub to work is to have both bose amps on. its possible you can try running some RCA's or something to it, but no point really in doing that. plus the extra voltage that comes from the new deck kinda pushes the voltage up on the bose sub giving you a little bit more output.

#250 ·
no. you dont need to do this if you change to a new amp for your speakers. but if its just an amp for your sub. you will need to bypass the amp, and hook the speakers up to your new stereo.

#254 ·
I was able to fish the wires under the rear carpet and just lay them under the rear seat which lifts up fairly easily. From there you can access the trunk no problem. I remember the hardest part being actually getting the wires from the bottom of the front seat to go under the carpet. I think a few bolts were removed around the seat anchors to help lift the carpet up and a little patience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.