Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

You should ALWAYS bypass the Bose amp....here's why

327K views 721 replies 251 participants last post by  Cstout 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A while ago, I posted that I was getting some serious static/noise from my JVC KDSH909. The problem was the Bose amp.

I had just hooked it up with the wiring harness and although the sound quality was better, there was noise. I bypassed the amp this weekend by just putting a jumper wire between the correct wires down at the amp's connector. The noise problem has completely gone away. I highly recommend bypassing the Bose amp. :thumbs up:

#525 ·
The BOSE amp only runs the internal speakers. I assume you just wired RCAs to your new amp then ran new wires to your speakers?

Then just take the BOSE amp out.

Run the sub signal to the stock sub audio wires (refer to the diagram on the first page) if you're using those, otherwise no need to worry about it.

#529 ·
you can't w/o the full wiring from a type s Base model feed from the HU to the speakers Type s feed from HU to amp under the seat then from the amp to the speakers so the wiring is not there in a base.

#540 ·
Are you planing on running an amp and comps for your highs or the stocks?

If you are just going to run stock highs get the metra 70-1725 integration harness.

#544 ·
I have an aftermarket head unit, sub, and amp for the sub. I've been using the hu with aftermarket speakers and haven't bypassed the bose amp. This week I've lost all sound but the hu still functions properly.

Is my bose amp dead?

Will the bypass help since the hu still works?

Will the subwoofer work if I do the bypass?

Thanks for any help

#545 ·
Check your Fuses there are five associated with the audio/security #9, #14, And #20 under hood, #8 and #15 underdash

#546 ·
I've had my Bose sub forever, but I got rid of the Bose amp a long time ago. I use an Alpine HU, I was wondering if I can hook up the HU straight to the Bose sub without the amp involved.

Is post 463 with or without an amp?

I don't run rear speakers so I figured I could bridge those wires together to actually get some power to the sub.

#552 ·
What HU are you using as if you are bypassing you need to be using an aftermarket HU and the 70-1721 harness, do not use the 70-1725 harness and try bypassing as it uses an aftermarket HU's rca's to integrate with the bose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.