Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

You should ALWAYS bypass the Bose amp....here's why

327K views 721 replies 251 participants last post by  Cstout 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A while ago, I posted that I was getting some serious static/noise from my JVC KDSH909. The problem was the Bose amp.

I had just hooked it up with the wiring harness and although the sound quality was better, there was noise. I bypassed the amp this weekend by just putting a jumper wire between the correct wires down at the amp's connector. The noise problem has completely gone away. I highly recommend bypassing the Bose amp. :thumbs up:

#659 ·
I'll let Tony chime in on this one.

If you had the Kenwood installed before; then you likely had the Kenwood's pre-amp outputs connected to the Bose for the final stage of amplification. Since you're now deleting the Bose; you need to connect the Kenwood's final output (speaker outputs) to your speakers. I'm not completely sure which harness does that. But you may need to change some stuff behind the Kenwood to make this direct (bypassed) connection.

#664 ·
White, Grey, Green and Purple are the positive wires for the Front Left, Front Right, Left Rear and Right Rear from the Kenwood. The same colored ones but with the black stripes are the negatives. They should connect with the corresponding speaker wires on the attached chart. Tweeters and sub will be disabled.

Attachments

#667 ·
run my own wires from the Kenwood harness to each individual speaker?
Yes.

However you do it, with a harness or not, the Kenwood's speaker outs must now be connected directly to the speaker terminals (or the wires that go to them). The Metra harness makes that easier. But you don't have to use it.

The first few pages of this thread explain how to do it manually. The Metra harness didn't exist back then.

You're getting signal to the speakers. But it's pre-amp, not final stage.

#669 ·
Is it possible that you have your output settings set to 'pre-amp' instead of 'speaker level'? That would make sense as you had it connected to the Bose before. I don't know enough about your Kenwood to make a guess. And I would have thought that a reset would have changed it back. But it's something you can check easily.

#675 ·
is it low as in before when you played music you turned it up to 15 and it was overloading the speakers and now you have to tun it up to 35, or is it low as in I can't hear a damn thing.

#681 ·
Okay... the harness that plugs into the back of the Kenwood... You said it worked fine with the Bose before. If that's the case; then the *pre-amp* output wires from the Kenwood would have been connected correctly to the pre-amp inputs of the Bose. Did you change those wires: i.e. did you change the wires that connect the Kenwood to the Bose from the pre-amp out wires to the speaker out wires?

#686 ·
The wires are white, grey, green and purple and the same with the black stripes. But I'm confusing myself a bit here. I'm reading the manual for the kwav61. But I'm not seeing specific pre-amp out wires in the harness. There are RCA outputs on the back of the Kenwood for the pre-amp outputs. Could it be that they were used and then connected to the Acura wires? Otherwise, there must be a soft-switch (setting) for changing the signal output level (from pre-amp to speaker level).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.