Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

You should ALWAYS bypass the Bose amp....here's why

327K views 721 replies 251 participants last post by  Cstout 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A while ago, I posted that I was getting some serious static/noise from my JVC KDSH909. The problem was the Bose amp.

I had just hooked it up with the wiring harness and although the sound quality was better, there was noise. I bypassed the amp this weekend by just putting a jumper wire between the correct wires down at the amp's connector. The noise problem has completely gone away. I highly recommend bypassing the Bose amp. :thumbs up:

#53 ·
Don't know what to tell you about that equalizer. Especially if you are using the OEM HU. I'd guess you would hook into the signal wires though.

#54 ·
PacMan said:
I have an Alpine 7894 HU and after it was installed i get a static noise.. however the static noise doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it's crystal clear, sometimes i get static. is my problem the fact that it's hooked up to the bose amp (atleat i think it's hooked up - i had a shop install it)??
that's weird.. i installed my 7894 and i have NO noise whatsoever.. just clean, more powerful sound.

#56 ·
I just bypassed the amp today and it was hard to use all those female and male wire connectors so I just cut the needed wires and tied them together. Simple as that.

Ok, here's what I think.

PROS:
- First off, the bass is noticeably louder and stronger.
-music isn't so loud anymore even if volume is on 1

CONS:
-Too much power going to the stock speakers so I get more distortion than before. :( I can't crank it up as loud anymore because I get distortion.
-It isn't crisp clear anymore.
-white noise is still there, just not as much.

Does anyone know why it sounds this way? Do any of you have the same thing even after bypassing bose amp?

#57 ·
When I did mine, it got rid of all the white noise.

It did make it not as loud (since now there is only 1 amp instead of 2 powering the speakers).

I thought it sounded crisper without the Bose amp.

I'm not sure why yours would be doing those things since I've only heard what it sounded like on mine.

#58 ·
i cant go past volume 20 otherwise it distorts.. but 20 is plenty loud... it gives me headache. :(

anyway.. my plan works and i use the bose sub still. it hits hard.. its amazing. this is the way it should have come from the factory.

basically all my regular speakers are powered by headunit.. then bose sub is connected to bose amp.... which gets its signal from the headunit.

#59 ·
miztahsparklez said:
i cant go past volume 20 otherwise it distorts.. but 20 is plenty loud... it gives me headache. :(

-My music sounded nice and clear all the way up to 30, but now after bypassing the bose amp it sounds nice only up to 24

anyway.. my plan works and i use the bose sub still. it hits hard.. its amazing. this is the way it should have come from the factory.

basically all my regular speakers are powered by headunit.. then bose sub is connected to bose amp.... which gets its signal from the headunit.
How did you still have the bose sub working if you bypassed the bose amp?

#62 ·
easy... just splice the speaker wires into the output of the headunit/ imput of the bose amp. but make sure to cut the speakers off totally from the amp output. Now you just wire the four speakers up to the imput on the bose amp. plug harness in. then poof. the bose sub works. an dyour speakers are still bypassing the bose amp.

#289 · (Edited)
now lemme get this straight...youre taking the speaker, cutting it at the harness, and splicing it into the audio of the amp?

keeping in spirit of the wiring colors... youd splice the blue yellow (rear right speaker -) to the audio right rear that is still connected to the harness? (red wire)

like this?

black is the loom grey is the connector

#64 ·
cut speaker wires off..

splice speaker wires into headunit output.... plug harness back in bose amp.

#66 ·
take the wires for the speakers... FL FR RL RR both + and -

connect it to the outputs on the headunit.. which connect to the imputs of the bose amp. then plug harness in... speakers get clean signal. bose woofer still works. like 1000x stronger.

#73 ·
you did it wrong =P

nobody has figured out how i did it yet?

that bose sub hits pretttttty hard when you do it right =)

ive done it to two other rsx's already.. and they like it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.