Track *Chat* Part III - Page 25 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #601
ispoondc5
Spooning on you!

ispoondc5 is on a distinguished road ispoondc5 is on a distinguished road
anybody ever install a rear rigid collar kit? bought a spoon rear kit and wanted to hear peoples opinions.

heres a pic from pbir 2 weeks ago

ispoondc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2019, 11:51 AM   #602
UnsungDC5
Turn or burn

UnsungDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Anyone have recommendations on drop in oil pan baffles? I was looking into the circuit hero or the CCW ones.

"Stock Officer.... Stock..."
UnsungDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:09 PM   #603
TheRickster

TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I like my clockwise motion baffle.
TheRickster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2019, 01:56 PM   #604
Snakeratchis

Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey guys could use some help!

Last week I was just testing out a new setup at cayuga.
10k Front springs
20k rear springs
Ktuned k2 circuit dampers
22m rear bar
15mm front bar
Buddyclub RCA
Tegiwa Steering rack riser. FINALLY my tie rod angles and lower control arm angles are all in the right place. The car is 2 inches lower than stock in the front
The rear is 1 inch lower than stock.
255/40/17 Pirelli Trofeo R tires. So the car is handling awesome except for when I hit the gas. As soon as I'm exiting a corner (or hitting a bump now that I think of it) the car starts oscillating? Very difficult to describe. I found a video on youtube where the CIVIC is doing the exact same thing that my car is doing when I hit the gas coming out of a corner. Any thoughts? I havent put much thought into the rear suspension just yet, but I assumed I wouldn't have a problem because of the ride height.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4atnRRFq-OE
Look at the civic in the video and tell me what you think! thanks in advance boys! I feel like as soon as I figure this out, the car will be FLYING
Snakeratchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:24 AM   #605
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsungDC5 View Post
Anyone have recommendations on drop in oil pan baffles? I was looking into the circuit hero or the CCW ones.
I had one in the Circuit Hero design. I'd say don't bother as I was seeing oil pressure drop from 8 bar to 3 bar while in turns, and sometimes as low as 2 bar. Just spend the money and get the Mugen pan.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:40 AM   #606
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeratchis View Post
Hey guys could use some help!
Your problem is the valving is off on your suspension. Try a tire with less grip and see if the problem goes away.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:54 AM   #607
Snakeratchis

Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Your problem is the valving is off on your suspension. Try a tire with less grip and see if the problem goes away.
I have a 225/45/17 hankook rs3 I'll see if that helps. So you think it could just be too much front grip? it makes sense, I also forgot to say I was fixing my exhaust the night before and never ended up connecting the front sway, so I also had no front sway
Snakeratchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:05 PM   #608
UnsungDC5
Turn or burn

UnsungDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
I had one in the Circuit Hero design. I'd say don't bother as I was seeing oil pressure drop from 8 bar to 3 bar while in turns, and sometimes as low as 2 bar. Just spend the money and get the Mugen pan.
Thank you sir

"Stock Officer.... Stock..."
UnsungDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:35 PM   #609
latenitedc5

latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Been a year since I last posted here. I ended up going to a Turn2 track day Oct 12, 2018. TSSxRevscene track day May 12, 2019. And Late Apexing track day June 5 of this year. All with my trusty 06 RSX-S at The Ridge.

I was hooked after the first track day even while driving my car a couple laps out on Pacific Raceways, it wasn’t anything like the full track day experience. I’m going back in the late spring to try and go sub 2.
latenitedc5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 02:33 AM   #610
warmmilk
Fat Free

warmmilk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by latenitedc5 View Post
Been a year since I last posted here. I ended up going to a Turn2 track day Oct 12, 2018. TSSxRevscene track day May 12, 2019. And Late Apexing track day June 5 of this year. All with my trusty 06 RSX-S at The Ridge.

I was hooked after the first track day even while driving my car a couple laps out on Pacific Raceways, it wasn’t anything like the full track day experience. I’m going back in the late spring to try and go sub 2.
What was your best time at the Ridge? I think the best I did on the RSX was a 2:06, but thats very much driver limited... about 5 seconds faster on my miata..

Pacific Raceways 1:41.07|The Ridge 2:01.48
In an NC Miata
warmmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 04:51 AM   #611
latenitedc5

latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
2:02x... on 200tw RE71R street tires, Carbotech XP8 no BBK, base cal, and no aero. Search Antiherodc5 on YouTube for that lap. Somehow I forgot to tap start record on Harry’s lap timer but I have the GoPro footage.

The car definitely has more in it.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:05 AM   #612
warmmilk
Fat Free

looking pretty good, similar to what my mods were except you have some real pads

here's my miata, I miss VTEC...
https://youtu.be/-TMgUlHRbYI

In an NC Miata
Old 09-29-2019, 10:51 PM   #613
latenitedc5

Your Miata looks so nimble out there. My goal is to break 2:00 without aero and R-compounds, then I’d be happy and can go boost without feeling guiltily like using a cheat code.

I really need to get the camber even from Left to Right and add more, alignment is a little off, I’m rubbing my fenders still, motor is a little tired at 194k and I still need a tune.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:55 PM   #614
latenitedc5

https://youtu.be/WnbCnpBKZ2k

See if this video will post like yours did lol
Old 10-01-2019, 02:45 AM   #615
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Your Miata looks so nimble out there. My goal is to break 2:00 without aero and R-compounds, then I’d be happy and can go boost without feeling guiltily like using a cheat code.

I really need to get the camber even from Left to Right and add more, alignment is a little off, I’m rubbing my fenders still, motor is a little tired at 194k and I still need a tune.
that was my plan too but then I got a deal I couldn't pass up, so I'll have boost for next season... just gotta figure out cooling...

also these days there isn't much difference between 200tw tires and r-comps. I only dropped about .5 sec going from RS4's to R888R's, and I think even that was more due to my driving than the tire. and something like the RE71R is actually faster than most r-comps.

In an NC Miata

Last edited by warmmilk; 10-01-2019 at 02:48 AM..
Old 10-01-2019, 05:45 AM   #616
latenitedc5

Didn’t you have a Civic Si too?

I saw one video where a guy shaved off 2 full seconds from going 200tw to R-comps and then later he shaved off another 2!

With aero, bbk with more aggressive pads, weight reduction, a bucket seat (still sliding around in the stock leather seat), and stiffer coils since I have a ton of body lean with the Progress coilovers, I can only hope this chassis goes quicker and quicker.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:49 PM   #617
TheRickster

TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Autocross went great last Sunday, possibly 4th in points out of 28 now.

Travelling up to Toledo Sunday to co-drive my friends NA Miata on Sunday. Haven't really driven a RWD car with any sort of effort. Really looking forward to it.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:24 PM   #618
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Didnt you have a Civic Si too?

I saw one video where a guy shaved off 2 full seconds from going 200tw to R-comps and then later he shaved off another 2!

With aero, bbk with more aggressive pads, weight reduction, a bucket seat (still sliding around in the stock leather seat), and stiffer coils since I have a ton of body lean with the Progress coilovers, I can only hope this chassis goes quicker and quicker.
I had one as a daily for a bit, so no track time. someone not obeying stop signs put an end to the civic tho...

the current 200tw tires? or 200tw tires of like 5 years ago? or maybe it was a particularly sh*tty 200tw tire...? But you have RE71R's which are one of the best. only way you're shaving 2 seconds off that is going to something with no tread.

a bucket seat will make a huge difference, you'll prolly be able to go sub 2 just from that...

In an NC Miata
Old 10-03-2019, 09:37 PM   #619
latenitedc5

Dang. Can’t say I’m not a victim of dumb drivers either.

It was a S2K guy with Falken rt615 I believe. He also had full aero though.

Haha I’m not that confident I can shave 2secs with just a seat. Next summer I should get a tune done and a new set of pads. Debating from going from XP8s to XP10 or Club Racers.. they’re very similar specs. Maybe upgrade the coilovers too if funds are there. I read your FA 500 review and I’m debating on an entry custom track coilover.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:13 AM   #620
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Dang. Cant say Im not a victim of dumb drivers either.

It was a S2K guy with Falken rt615 I believe. He also had full aero though.

Haha Im not that confident I can shave 2secs with just a seat. Next summer I should get a tune done and a new set of pads. Debating from going from XP8s to XP10 or Club Racers.. theyre very similar specs. Maybe upgrade the coilovers too if funds are there. I read your FA 500 review and Im debating on an entry custom track coilover.
I can see that with the rt615... even the newest version of that tire is a bit off pace off the current offerings. it makes for a good drift tire in pro drifting and thats really the main reason its still around

make sure to get a high enough rear spring rate, I made the mistake of going to soft and the car was always kinda understeery...

In an NC Miata
Old 10-06-2019, 02:27 AM   #621
latenitedc5

I see.

I will do that for sure since our cars need that. The other entry option is Buddyclub RSD with a 18kg rear Swift spring. I’ve heard those coilovers have a wide valve range so I emailed buddyclubusa and they told me I could go up to 4kg higher maximum out the box.

Also, I have a rear 23mm Eibach rear sway and ASR spherical end links. One time on track my tires weren’t warmed up and it brought the rear end out violently. Dialed down the back tires to 28 psi and it helps for now.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #622
warmmilk
Fat Free

A rear sway bar prolly would have helped me... I was still on stock sways...

In an NC Miata
Old 10-07-2019, 07:19 PM   #623
TheRickster

47 out of 94 in PAX with my friends ES Miata on Sunday.

First time really driving a rwd at speed and it's the best PAX finish I've had lmao.

.5 away from the bulk of the ES Miata guys as well. Pretty stoked on that.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:49 PM   #624
latenitedc5

Anybody have the steering rack riser or is shortened tie rods the way to go with a lowered car? Inverted tie rods seems like it would work best for slammed cars. Extended RCAs seem to cause angle in the LCAs.

I’ll raise my car up a quarter inch for next season and change camber and tire pressure. My fronts are at 32 cold, 38 hot.
Rears 32 cold, 36 hot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	210EA3C2-39B0-4F9D-AFCE-597C55AD6031_1570495712395.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	671.8 KB
ID:	550587  
Old 10-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #625
warmmilk
Fat Free

the longer/shorter tie rods depends on your coilovers and ride height and alignment, since the steering arm is on the damper and all. You're basically making sure you have enough thread engagement to get the alignment you want. I was able to use the stock tie rods with my FA500 coilovers, but I was at a relatively tall ride height for a coilover'd car.

We put inverted tie rods on my sister's RSX, this was back in like 2005-2006, but as far as I can remember the steering still felt weird after coilovers (Buddyclub streets) on that car like it did on my more recent RSX. The only time the steering really felt right to me was when it was on stock suspension.

In an NC Miata