Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

What I did to my car so far (pics)

Tags
car pics
8K views 79 replies 32 participants last post by  alpha1eleven 
#1 ·
This is my turbo type S. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

New 55w 8000k HIDs in new halo projector lamps

Japanese rising sun intake manifold cover

Japanese rising sun and painted black ceiling

Red calipers

Turbo timer and boost controller

Emblem door projector and LED "RSX" door sill (sorry for the bad picture)

Red dome LED (I put white ones for the map lights, license plate light, and trunk light)

Silver interior door insert (I painted over the type R red ones)

Debadged and black "A" emblem

See less See more
#5 ·
It's not like I'm getting a 4 foot tall spoiler and a huge ground effects kit and putting neons all over it and light up windshield washers or orange seat covers and painting my air vents. I think it's tastefully done. Had a lot of compliments so far. It looks great in person.

Plus, this car is pretty fast and that's what matters. It's got about $7k in performance parts including a greddy turbo kit, 3 inch exhust all the way. etc. That's enough to make some people jealous.

#7 ·
If you look at the picture of my engine, and follow the cone to the intake, and you follow the intake to the rear of the engine (behind the valve cover), you'll see the turbo peaking out.

#9 · (Edited)
Honestly, it's really just a little fabric paint and some LEDs and a little time.

I painted the roof black because it was grey/tan originally, nothing else in or on the car is that color plus it was dirty and stained from driving for 12 years with the windows down. While I had it off to run wires for the door sill LEDs I figured I'd paint the rising sun on it to match the intake manifold, because I was bored, and because it's different. If it hadn't have came out well I always could have painted over it with more black fabric paint.

The light up "RSX" LED door jam sills I've seen in other cars including acuras (except rsx) and always liked it so I made it happen. It looks awesome when the doors are opened, and again, nobody else has this.

I've seen a lot of people with red type R fabric door inserts. I never liked the way it looked so I color matched it to my cars exterior.

As far as emblems go- the back of the car comes with a "Acura" badge, a "type s", an "rsx" badge, and an "A" emblem. All of these emblems are chrome which match no other chrome on the car. That and the fact that I am not a fan of chrome and that there are way too many emblems for one car I decided to mostly debadge it and paint the "A" black.

I can sit here and defend why I made my car my car and people can always talk sh*t, but the truth besides my turbo, a little paint, and some LEDs my car is more stock then a lot of peoples. I see people that cut their springs. Slap some rims on it, and either leave stock exaust or just put a fart can and they are usually the first to make a wise comment about something I did. I think the rsx should have came with heated seats in the USA like it did in Canada. I'm going to put the heated seats from Canada in my car too, oh and I'm sure I'll hear about it from someone who has a racing steering wheel with absolutly no other performance mods. However I guess I got what was coming to me since I asked what people thought. I honestly didn't think it would generate many negitive responses.

#73 ·
Oh, sorry for that guys. I should have paid more attention to the guy that posted and said it looked like shit. He drives a wrx. I poop on STI's constantly with my RSX. Probably why he's trolling. Lol.
I took off the alluminum rsx plates, drilled a hole, then used a saber bit to cut out the letters, then I filed down the rough areas, and sanded until it was smooth. Then cut out the rsx in the plastic under the alluminum the same way, I put lexan under it and siliconed all the pieces together. Then I ran a wire from my dome light to red LEDs under the "RSX". Honestly it was a lot of work and if I had known how much work was involved before I began I probably would have never started.
The spec-v headlights normally cost $300 bucks without HIDs but I got them for $100 I couldn't pass that up. I think they look better than the stock headlights.
Mine were stock chrome and needed to be polished. I've seen the black ones they are nice. But I liked these. I like HIDs and where I live it's illegal to put them in anything except projectors. That and my car is 12 years old. It started to look dated but with the new projectors and license plate light it makes or look much newer.
Thanks, I honestly like to get input even if it's negitive. Also it's hard to do things on a budget. Right now I'm saving for a supercharger and a K-pro. I'm still going to keep the turbo but I want both. My friend who tunes says it's possible to do both supercharger and turbo but I'll be very limited on what is possible if I keep my stock internals. I also either want to get some SI or TL type S wheels. Not sure which yet. I'll keep posting whatever I do. Right now my AC compressor Clutch just crapped out so I need to concentrate on repairing that. Thanks for your interest.
Over time we've developed something extraordinary,
That will last forever because we're both unordinary.
I used to think that friends were the people that you could laugh and talk to.
Now I know that, Friends will be with you every step of the way
No matter what people say
They make you happy when you are feeling down
They make you smile instead of frown.
Friends always accept your past,
Support your present
And encourage your future.
A friendship isn't an opportunity it's a sweet responsibility.

#10 ·
Oh, sorry for that guys. I should have paid more attention to the guy that posted and said it looked like shit. He drives a wrx. I poop on STI's constantly with my RSX. Probably why he's trolling. Lol.

#22 ·
Lol. I sold the wrx awhile ago. Also, just so you know because you're trying to be funny... I had a RSX. It was a lot cleaner then yours, and guess what? I turbo'd it. First I had a greddy kit, but soon after sold it because I realized that my balls are way to big to be rocking such a baby ass, pos turbo. So I upgraded... Custom kit, 60-1 turbo, everything (400+ on stock motor). So trying to talk shit to me, or about me, makes you look like a fool. Specially on this site, since I've been around since 05.

P.S. My wrx still would of raped your car... Dig, roll, whatever. Also, your car looks like shit.

#13 ·
I took off the alluminum rsx plates, drilled a hole, then used a saber bit to cut out the letters, then I filed down the rough areas, and sanded until it was smooth. Then cut out the rsx in the plastic under the alluminum the same way, I put lexan under it and siliconed all the pieces together. Then I ran a wire from my dome light to red LEDs under the "RSX". Honestly it was a lot of work and if I had known how much work was involved before I began I probably would have never started.

#14 ·
Not bad but i would lose the headlights in my opinion. Just feel like that style goes to the 05-06 only. Get some 02-04 jdm blackout ones or something. And i know youve done thing because "no pme else got it" but its about what looks good no what other have and dont have lol cus then yul end up ricey; hence reason why no one does those mods. Btw hopefully you dont buy springs get a good set of nice coils!! i did the mistake in springs lol

#16 ·
The headlights, IM cover, headliner and door panels are not exactly my favorite mods. Cheap projectors look like crap IMO.

I'm sure your car is quick with that greddy kit but bragging about beating WRXs(which run low 14s stock) is not that impressive.

Final thought, don't post your car and ask for opinions if you aren't ready for the E-assholes to come running with their opinions.

#17 ·
The spec-v headlights normally cost $300 bucks without HIDs but I got them for $100 I couldn't pass that up. I think they look better than the stock headlights.

#19 ·
Mine were stock chrome and needed to be polished. I've seen the black ones they are nice. But I liked these. I like HIDs and where I live it's illegal to put them in anything except projectors. That and my car is 12 years old. It started to look dated but with the new projectors and license plate light it makes or look much newer.

#23 ·
I think on this site, we plays it safe too much and it gets boring. What I like about alpha is that he does what he thinks looks nice he do it, and he's proud of it. Im just gonna sit back and watch this guy goes to work with his ideas. Keep it up bro and please post up your ideas and new add ons.

#24 ·
Thanks, I honestly like to get input even if it's negitive. Also it's hard to do things on a budget. Right now I'm saving for a supercharger and a K-pro. I'm still going to keep the turbo but I want both. My friend who tunes says it's possible to do both supercharger and turbo but I'll be very limited on what is possible if I keep my stock internals. I also either want to get some SI or TL type S wheels. Not sure which yet. I'll keep posting whatever I do. Right now my AC compressor Clutch just crapped out so I need to concentrate on repairing that. Thanks for your interest.

#27 ·
This is my turbo type S. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

New 55w 8000k HIDs in new halo projector lamps

Japanese rising sun intake manifold cover

Japanese rising sun and painted black ceiling

Red calipers

Turbo timer and boost controller

Emblem door projector and LED "RSX" door sill (sorry for the bad picture)

Red dome LED (I put white ones for the map lights, license plate light, and trunk light)

Silver interior door insert (I painted over the type R red ones)

Debadged and black "A" emblem

You asked what people thought....

Lol. Looks like shit. Bunch of shitty diy stuff, that ruins the car.
Then got this responses and....

Decided 10 posts later to post some hateful BS...

Lol. I sold the wrx awhile ago. Also, just so you know because you're trying to be funny... I had a RSX. It was a lot cleaner then yours, and guess what? I turbo'd it. First I had a greddy kit, but soon after sold it because I realized that my balls are way to big to be rocking such a baby ass, pos turbo. So I upgraded... Custom kit, 60-1 turbo, everything (400+ on stock motor). So trying to talk shit to me, or about me, makes you look like a fool. Specially on this site, since I've been around since 05.

P.S. My wrx still would of raped your car... Dig, roll, whatever. Also, your car looks like shit.
So you got a reasonable response considering your post...

Then you post again about how you want input even if it's negative...

You HAD a wrx, You HAD an rsx. Stop living in the past and change your wrx avatar and stop posting on a site meant for RSX OWNERS. It sounds like you miss your RSX. It also sounds like your wrx didn't fill that empty void either after you lost the rsx. I'm sorry for your loss btw.

I am jealous that you were able to upgrade your turbo from the GREDDY. I wish my mommy and daddy had money too so I could do the same. You should have them buy you another rsx only this time tell them you want a LS-1 swap so that way when you troll it will be acceptable.

I was looking for honest input even if negitive from RSX owners- not bitter trolls who are butt hurt that they don't own one anymore.
So you decide to attempt to insult the guy even more? You are on your way to being very popular on this site.

#28 ·
Try to keep the flaming to a minimum guys. Positive/negative comments should be expected in showoff threads as our tastes will differ from person to person but there's no need to constantly bash on each other. Consider this your verbal warning, any flaming beyond this point deemed excessive will result in infractions.

#30 ·
They sell them in twos but I was thinking of aiming one up at the hood as well so when it's opened it would look bad ass. It would require some sort of switch so that it's only on when the good is up. They are pretty cheap. I think around 25 bucks. I really wanted a red one but could not fine it. I tried putting red tail light repair tape over it but it made it pink and very dark. I was thinking of putting a red bulb but it seemed like too much work at the time. If you do it I'd like to see how it comes out. Thanks.

#33 ·
The rice would be, all the fabric paint on the interior, the halo headlights, led let RSX stills on the door, The raising sun in 2 different places.... The rookie moves that make your car rice are very apparent all over your car. The turbo is cool but a entry lvl kit. My all-motor k24 smashes on ebay revhard and a few other entry lvl turbo kits. Its not about what we all have its about giving you advice on what we think Is cool/right/functional/ what ever you wanna call it. The things your doing to your car right now, you are in the age of when the Fast and the furious 1 first came out. Don't get defensive on what ppl will tell you on this site, its your car do as you please, but don't ask what we think

#34 · (Edited)
The fabric that came with the car matched nothing and was stained -that's why I painted it. Halo lights come on some cars stock- are those cars rice too? plus they cost $300 bucks without HIDs and I got them for $100 with 55w HIDs. I couldn't pass that up especially with my foggy chrome housing stock lights. The light up door sills look awesome when getting in/out of the car and come stock on some Acura models- are those models rice too? Our cars are from japan- hence the rising sun. I admit having two of them is a little overboard I just wanted to see how it would look. thanks for your opinion. Props on the k24.

I wonder what kind of constructive feedback you guys will give me when I do this:

I'm just kidding btw. but to me, that's RICE.

#35 · (Edited)
Here is what I did to it today- I'm also thinking of plastidiping the rims mate black too until I can afford some new summer wheels. When that happens I'll use them for winters.

Plastidip roof and hood. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.