Car audio noob needs advice - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-09-2018, 02:12 AM   #1
jayztinsay
Car Noob

jayztinsay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jayztinsay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jayztinsay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jayztinsay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jayztinsay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jayztinsay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jayztinsay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jayztinsay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Car audio noob needs advice

Hey guys, I need advice in improving the audio on my 2002 RSX while on a budget. For now I've decided on the following:

>Pioneer MVH-200EX Multimedia Deck

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130200...200ex&skipvs=T

>MTX Magnum Sub/Amp combo

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_236MB2...s-Package.html

>JVC DR620/J620 (Depends on which is a better bang for the buck) For the Front

>JVC DR520 for the rear (Do I even need this?)

Also, I have no idea what cables or other components I need. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
jayztinsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2018, 11:56 AM   #2
Locotony
The Audio Guru

Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Locotony might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Read the audio FAQ's they will answer most of your cable/adapter questions as a lot depends on if you have a base or type s....

Personally the HU is about the only thing i'd buy then save money for better equipment as you get what you pay for to some extent in the audio world. get components for the front and amp them if you are putting in a sub as HU power is not enough to keep up and be clear with sub's 150ish will get decent comps, sub's I'd go single 12 as in an RSX it's all you really need as you get a lot of cabin gain in a hatchback depending on the sub would then determine the amp/amps to use.
Illusion Audio Carbon C6 Comps
Precision Power Phantom 900.4 and 1000.1
2 - 12 inch Acoustic Elegance IB12AU Subs
Locotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I suggest not purchasing from Crutchfield as their prices are generally higher than most online retailers. The HU for example is $145 on amazon.
The sub/box combo you linked seems like a good deal considering it comes with the amp, but it's going to take up a lot of space in the hatch. You can run a single sub and still get good performance. My single 12" produces too much bass sometimes, and it's only pushing 400 watts.

Like Locotony said, the audio FAQ will answer most of your questions.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote