Track *Chat* Part III - Page 19 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-24-2018, 06:51 AM   #451
KillaICM
Mamimi

KillaICM is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I made the mistake of putting up my parking brake after a long run. Fused my pads to my rotors. What's the cheapest way to fix this? Get harsher pads to take the deposits off my rotors? Cut my rotors? or should I just buy new rotors?

Zombie Eradication Team #69
KillaICM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #452
warmmilk
Fat Free

warmmilk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Rear rotors are cheap, under $20 each... cutting rotors is usually $15 each...

Pacific Raceways 1:41.07|The Ridge 2:01.48
In an NC Miata
warmmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:41 PM   #453
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
So the ars-r is a decent bit behind the first-r in terms of on track performance... I ended up bracing myself so much that I developed a cramp in my left quad.
Sounds like you aint got enough junk in the trunk. The ARS is a wide seat. Which is great for me cause all my Puerto Rican DNA is located in my hips; and until I got the ARS, I couldn't find a bucket seat that would accommodate my Miami bass music video girl sized ass. Its size makes for a very good daily driver bucket seat, but I can definitely see how it'd be a problem on the track for those suffering from Hank Hill butt.

Last edited by Koopa Troopa; 07-24-2018 at 09:45 PM..
Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2018, 09:43 PM   #454
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaICM View Post
I made the mistake of putting up my parking brake after a long run. Fused my pads to my rotors. What's the cheapest way to fix this? Get harsher pads to take the deposits off my rotors? Cut my rotors? or should I just buy new rotors?
Hawk Blue 9012s are very good for cold scrubbing rotors on the track. My friend does Camaro Challenge and says a lot of the dudes there carry a set of Blue 9012s to scrub the rotors when they're doing a pad change between races.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:02 PM   #455
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Sounds like you aint got enough junk in the trunk. The ARS is a wide seat. Which is great for me cause all my Puerto Rican DNA is located in my hips; and until I got the ARS, I couldn't find a bucket seat that would accommodate my Miami bass music video girl sized ass. Its size makes for a very good daily driver bucket seat, but I can definitely see how it'd be a problem on the track for those suffering from Hank Hill butt.
I mean I'm not quite "Miami bass music video girl" but I'm definitely not Hank Hill... the ass isn't the problem, my ass completely fills out the seat... its the leg support. you can see what I'm talking about in the pics below. it makes a big difference in high speed sustained high g corners. its not that big of a deal in the lower speed corners (like 3a-3b in my video). the First R did a good job of keeping my thunder thighs in place, which is why it sucked on the street and why I got rid of it. I didn't think my thunder thighs flying around would be such a big deal on track... and really its mostly the left one cause the right one needs to control the gas and brake, so I need to use the left leg to brace myself so the right one is free to modulate throttle... anyway, I think I need a harness now...

In an NC Miata
Old 07-24-2018, 10:03 PM   #456
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Hawk Blue 9012s are very good for cold scrubbing rotors on the track. My friend does Camaro Challenge and says a lot of the dudes there carry a set of Blue 9012s to scrub the rotors when they're doing a pad change between races.
thats a much more expensive solution than new rear rotors or turning the rotors...

In an NC Miata
Old 07-25-2018, 01:45 AM   #457
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Quote:
I mean I'm not quite "Miami bass music video girl" but I'm definitely not Hank Hill... the ass isn't the problem, my ass completely fills out the seat... its the leg support. you can see what I'm talking about in the pics below. it makes a big difference in high speed sustained high g corners. its not that big of a deal in the lower speed corners (like 3a-3b in my video). the First R did a good job of keeping my thunder thighs in place, which is why it sucked on the street and why I got rid of it. I didn't think my thunder thighs flying around would be such a big deal on track... and really its mostly the left one cause the right one needs to control the gas and brake, so I need to use the left leg to brace myself so the right one is free to modulate throttle... anyway, I think I need a harness now...
Ahh. A fan of the tall side bolster. I replaced my ARS with a WRC for awhile, but went back to the ARS because I hated having to climb over the taller bolsters. I'm also not hitting sweepers at triple digits either. Well, I have, but trying to hit the apex on a road course at high rates of speeds is much different than riding out the corner in your lane on a Japanese backroad. I get you. I'm not a fan of harnesses in cars without a roll bar. Know a dude who died cause he rolled his car and got his head crushed by the roof cause the harness didn't allow his body to move. Have you considered trying something like the CG Lock? Can't remember if you have a roll bar or not. If so, then you can't go wrong with a good harness.

Quote:
thats a much more expensive solution than new rear rotors or turning the rotors...
But good for trackside stuff in the future. I wouldn't turn the rotors. I've had instances where the crystalline structure of the rotor got warped from the heat which created an odd spot in the rotor that wouldn't allow the pads to get friction.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:23 AM   #458
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Ahh. A fan of the tall side bolster. I replaced my ARS with a WRC for awhile, but went back to the ARS because I hated having to climb over the taller bolsters. I'm also not hitting sweepers at triple digits either. Well, I have, but trying to hit the apex on a road course at high rates of speeds is much different than riding out the corner in your lane on a Japanese backroad. I get you. I'm not a fan of harnesses in cars without a roll bar. Know a dude who died cause he rolled his car and got his head crushed by the roof cause the harness didn't allow his body to move. Have you considered trying something like the CG Lock? Can't remember if you have a roll bar or not. If so, then you can't go wrong with a good harness.
same reason I went to the ARS-R. idk if you caught my post from last week, but I was saying how much better the new seat is for everyday use... just saying track performance suffers for that streetability.

I have sort of a half assed roll bar. its beefier than the stock rollbar but it doesn't add diagonal supports for protection if I flip over and slide forward or backward. but if I flip over and slide/roll sideways it provides protection. But I do plan on getting a rollbar with diagonal supports for my next NC (already purchased, overall much nicer condition than mine but non-running engine that I plan to do the 2.5 swap into), so the harness will go into that. and on top of that, I'd get one of them street legal harnesses that stretch or whatever... although thats more for front impact than roll over. and I do pass the broom stick test for what its worth...

I've thought about the CG Lock, but idk if it'll work in my case. If you look at the pics in post 439 you can see I need to run a fat people seat belt extender thing on the buckle to get it through the belt hole in the seat. cause the stock buckle is rigid metal and too short. so the buckle end up sitting on my lap, typically the buckle goes to the side of you and its just the belt across your lap. then again it might improve things... but idk, it is 60 bucks. on the one hand if it works, thats cheap, if it doesn't, its 60 bucks in the trash

Quote:
But good for trackside stuff in the future. I wouldn't turn the rotors. I've had instances where the crystalline structure of the rotor got warped from the heat which created an odd spot in the rotor that wouldn't allow the pads to get friction.
thats why I said just buy new ones, the rears are dirt cheap for rsx's

In an NC Miata
Old 07-26-2018, 10:07 PM   #459
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Yeah, I'm used to paying $200 for a pair of rotors because JDM As far as the buckle thing goes, do what I did and find a rear belt with the same latch style and use that buckle. I am currently using the rear belt buckle from a S14 Silvia for my PCI rail. In the DC5, I was using the seat belt buckle from a '90s Honda kei van.

Last edited by Koopa Troopa; 07-26-2018 at 10:18 PM..
Old 07-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #460
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Yeah, I'm used to paying $200 for a pair of rotors because JDM As far as the buckle thing goes, do what I did and find a rear belt with the same latch style and use that buckle. I am currently using the rear belt buckle from a S14 Silvia for my PCI rail. In the DC5, I was using the seat belt buckle from a '90s Honda kei van.
even rear rotors are 200?

pics of latch? this is a good idea, but might be hard to find... the miata uses a really wide tongue on the seat belt for some reason...

In an NC Miata
Old 07-29-2018, 07:15 AM   #461
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Yeah. Fronts were actually the cheaper ones. I'll post up a pic in a day or two assuming I don't forget. Currently at some stupid fireworks festival.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:57 AM   #462
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Yeah. Fronts were actually the cheaper ones. I'll post up a pic in a day or two assuming I don't forget. Currently at some stupid fireworks festival.
are the rears vented on the Type R? any particular reason they're so expensive or just cause they can?

In an NC Miata
Old 07-30-2018, 11:38 PM   #463
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

They're the exact same as the RSX rears but the rotor hat is extended cause of the hub offset difference. They're just stupid expensive cause Japan. Denso primary o2 sensor on American Amazon? $93.xx with free shipping. Same o2 sensor on JDM Amazon is 50,000 yen plus shipping.

Here's those pictures. Works better for me cause I'm using the PCI slider rail. And despite having rotated the pictures, they're unrotating in the preview. Sorry if you have to turn your head at odd angles.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180731_131722_1533014250532.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	546621

Name:	20180731_131736_1533014396415.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	503.7 KB
ID:	546623

Name:	20180731_132159_1533014453090.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	928.7 KB
ID:	546625

Last edited by Koopa Troopa; 07-31-2018 at 01:22 AM..
Old 07-31-2018, 02:02 AM   #464
White_02

White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
I mean I'm not quite "Miami bass music video girl"
So glad I moved out of Miami, hated the fake asses
White_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:11 PM   #465
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
They're the exact same as the RSX rears but the rotor hat is extended cause of the hub offset difference. They're just stupid expensive cause Japan. Denso primary o2 sensor on American Amazon? $93.xx with free shipping. Same o2 sensor on JDM Amazon is 50,000 yen plus shipping.

Here's those pictures. Works better for me cause I'm using the PCI slider rail. And despite having rotated the pictures, they're unrotating in the preview. Sorry if you have to turn your head at odd angles.
Attachment 546621
Attachment 546623
Attachment 546625
thats pretty similar to how mine sits actually... maybe an inch further out...

In an NC Miata
Old 08-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #466
Copafeel87

Copafeel87 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Haha, thanks! Driving the balls off her is the only way

What do you mean by soft? Cause it's really not... it has 12k/7k springs, taking motion ratios into account it comes out to about 9.36/6.09 wheel rate. I guess that is a bit on the soft side compared to your RSX, idk what the spring rates on your sti are, but being a race car I imagine they're pretty high... I guess I wanted to keep some semblance of comfort on the street, it's not working very well though, haha. Also this track is kinda bumpy and very humpy, and the camera is my phone on a windshield suction cup mount, so there's prolly a bit more motion transmitted than the car actually has

There's a good chance I'll be switching to MCS shocks over the winter, but I'll be staying with similar spring rates... but thinking about bringing the spread a bit closer. Haven't decided if it'll be the softer in front or stiffer in rear route. Kinda leaning towards softer in the front and make up the difference with a sway bar, then I'll have more confidence hauling ass on bumpy back roads (but no vtec... I wish)

Anyway, that's my 37 dollar reply to a 2 cent comment... haha
I had a student in a NC with MCS 1-way and I was impressed with how nice it felt absorbing everything on track. That shock is money (both figuratively and literally).
Old 08-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #467
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copafeel87 View Post
I had a student in a NC with MCS 1-way and I was impressed with how nice it felt absorbing everything on track. That shock is money (both figuratively and literally).
I mean yeah, but really only 2-300 more than I spent on my Ohlins setup, and they're more than 2-300 better...

In an NC Miata
Old 08-02-2018, 04:50 PM   #468
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Car is quite bouncy here. Its a bumpy track. Car went alot faster though then last time at AutoBahn

https://youtu.be/fwXAU0dNUqA
Instagram:JordanBryantDc5
Jordan Dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #469
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Dc5 View Post
Car is quite bouncy here. Its a bumpy track. Car went alot faster though then last time at AutoBahn

https://youtu.be/fwXAU0dNUqA
those humps seam similar to the humps at turn 9 at pacific raceways... wide smoothish humps that aren't all that smooth once you're going fast enough, I don't think there's much suspension can do there, even with oem soft springs...

or am I seeing that completely wrong and its bouncing off the curb that much?

ps. I also approve of your drive the balls off her method

In an NC Miata

Last edited by warmmilk; 08-02-2018 at 07:10 PM..
Old 08-02-2018, 09:44 PM   #470
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
those humps seam similar to the humps at turn 9 at pacific raceways... wide smoothish humps that aren't all that smooth once you're going fast enough, I don't think there's much suspension can do there, even with oem soft springs...

or am I seeing that completely wrong and its bouncing off the curb that much?

ps. I also approve of your drive the balls off her method
Thats mostly all curbing. Except for the beginning of video thats from my dampers being too soft. Also its just a bit of a bumpy track in some spots. High end shocks can absorb the bumps here a lot better.

Thanks bud gotta just send it
Old 08-02-2018, 09:44 PM   #471
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Also literally got like a foot+ of air at 0:53 seconds. Didn't mean to grab that curb. HAHA
Old 08-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #472
warmmilk
Fat Free

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/c...628054193.html

or

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/c...649788562.html

In an NC Miata
Old 08-16-2018, 06:50 PM   #473
warmmilk
Fat Free

I'm back in the K family, this time with a nerfed K24 (the single pipe header thing)

its a 2014 with 51k on the clock, it does have a rebuilt title but I got it for just 9k

so far the only plans are to the the K-Tuned clutch master and slave and prolly shifter bushings... maybe full shifter cables from Hybrid Racing... the stock master is kinda known to leak and its kind of a weird design that makes the clutchkinda mushy and the slave cylinder has a restrictor in it which further amplify's that. the way it is now, its overly notchy unless the clutch pedal is fully on the floor... when I bought the car I was honestly thinking it'll need a new trans, but this is a good surprise after some research.

maybe swaybars down the road since they don't effect ride quality. although offsets are really close to my Miata, so I'll be able to put my Miata wheel/tire setup on the car with a small spacer and do a couple track days a year...

also plan on getting an intake for it pretty soon, cause the engine is nearly silent... I'm not used to driving manual cars with an engine that quiet... full exhaust somewhere waaay down the road... suprisingly its stupid one pipe header gains a decent amount of top end when upgraded... and the Full-Race 3" exhaust sounds amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_mGAYoCtQ

In an NC Miata
Old 08-17-2018, 10:09 PM   #474
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Sorry man, but gross. Not really a fan of Hondas newer than the 8th gen Civic.

In other news, my back is fucked. Binge watched the new Orange Is The New Black season and had terrible back pain. Figured it was from laying on my side for like 13 hours. Waited a few days then ran 5 miles because I like running. Back started hurting again, waited a few days then ran 5 miles. Been repeating that cycle since the end of last month. Ran 5 miles last Friday and on Monday my back pain was so bad that I couldn't even drive. Got an MRI and an x-ray on Wednesday, and come to find out that I have a desiccated disc that is herniated. I'm currently in so much pain that you'd think I'd gone goth; and honestly, I really want to go for a run right now.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:00 AM   #475
warmmilk
Fat Free

I'm not a huge fan in the looks department either... and the touch screen volume slider is the worst... but it has a much improved front suspension design from the RSX moving the steering arm off the strut on onto the knuckle... and biggest factor for me is its newish and reliable and I got a great deal on it. this is my daily, miata is staying my track car, so it'll work.

sucks to hear about your back, that sounds horrible... so do you need surgery to correct that?

on the other hand I'm enjoying the new OITNB season too, haha

In an NC Miata