Wanting to buy Supercharger - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-01-2018, 09:12 PM   #1
MightyRSX93

MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Wanting to buy Supercharger

Is anyone selling a CTE (Comptech) Supercharger kit with all parts and willing to ship? (TX)

Last edited by MightyRSX93; 08-01-2018 at 10:15 PM..
MightyRSX93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
dopeyrsx

dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Where are you located?
dopeyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:15 PM   #3
MightyRSX93

MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeyrsx View Post
Where are you located?
Texas

Old 08-01-2018, 10:16 PM   #4
dopeyrsx

dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What's your budget?
dopeyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:04 AM   #5
MightyRSX93

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeyrsx View Post
What's your budget?
If possible under $4000. I just bought some rims so yeah haha
Old 08-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #6
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

remyrounds is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
We are direct with CT engineering, you just have to be willing to wait for the kits as they take a couple months to get made and ship out.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:13 PM   #7
MightyRSX93

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by remyrounds View Post
We are direct with CT engineering, you just have to be willing to wait for the kits as they take a couple months to get made and ship out.
Okay thanks. I also saw there was a wait time for a turbo kit since it gets shipped from overseas. I just wasn't sure if it was legit or not.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:49 PM   #8
MightyRSX93

Garage
Quote:
Are they still in business? I've emailed them but no reply. It sends an automatic reply each time.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:53 PM   #9
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRSX93 View Post
Are they still in business? I've emailed them but no reply. It sends an automatic reply each time.
Yes they are. I talked to Nate last week.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:32 PM   #10
MightyRSX93

Garage
Quote:
Yes they are. I talked to Nate last week.
Perfect. So I should be able to get a supercharger kit in a few months if I order through them
Old 08-28-2018, 06:57 PM   #11
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Perfect. So I should be able to get a supercharger kit in a few months if I order through them
We can get them and save you money. Let me know when you are ready to order and what kit and I will send you a link.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #12
MightyRSX93

Garage
Quote:
We can get them and save you money. Let me know when you are ready to order and what kit and I will send you a link.
I think I'm ready! I plan on staying at 5lbs with the base kit with reflash for 05-06 Type-S. Does that mean I just install the kit and BAM! It'll instantly be at around 220WHP+- without Kpro?
Old 09-02-2018, 05:43 PM   #13
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
I think I'm ready! I plan on staying at 5lbs with the base kit with reflash for 05-06 Type-S. Does that mean I just install the kit and BAM! It'll instantly be at around 220WHP+- without Kpro?
Trust me, you will want more than just 5lbs of boost. It's best to make the initial investment to allow room for growth in the future.

With that, either kpro or ktuner would be highly recommended. You are about to spend over $3k+, so I highly recommend allowing the ability to grow... A simple pulley swap can increase HP by 20+ whp when tuned
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:19 PM   #14
MightyRSX93

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Trust me, you will want more than just 5lbs of boost. It's best to make the initial investment to allow room for growth in the future.

With that, either kpro or ktuner would be highly recommended. You are about to spend over $3k+, so I highly recommend allowing the ability to grow... A simple pulley swap can increase HP by 20+ whp when tuned
I do want to hit atleast 250-270. My car feels quick enough, but I can only imagine how it would feel with more power. I've never been in a fast car so I can only imagine lol. I'm also not trying to learn a new clutch but I guess I have to with added power. Is a stage 2 or 1.5 really that much harder than OEM?
Old 09-03-2018, 10:25 AM   #15
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
I do want to hit atleast 250-270. My car feels quick enough, but I can only imagine how it would feel with more power. I've never been in a fast car so I can only imagine lol. I'm also not trying to learn a new clutch but I guess I have to with added power. Is a stage 2 or 1.5 really that much harder than OEM?
Trust me the need for more horsepower is very addictive. For most drivers once you catch the fever you always want more. You might as well start saving for a programmable ECU so you can reliably manage the extra horsepower with a good tune.

For me, being that it is a hydraulic clutch the force required to push the pedal in feels the same. How the clutch engages “grabs” with the flywheel is very similar. Now a Stage 4 clutch is less forgiving. It's either engaged or not and requires you to focus on your pedal foot work a lot more in stop and go traffic. I would not recommend a Stage 4 clutch unless you are planning to make a LOT of horsepower.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #16
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

Quote:
https://www.kseriesparts.com/CTE-350-030-243645.html

Give that link 24hours if it does not work. I just reactivated the part.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:27 AM   #17
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

Quote:

Give that link 24 hours if it does not work. I just reactivated the part.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #18
MightyRSX93

Garage
Quote:

Give that link 24 hours if it does not work. I just reactivated the part.
Would running the 3.6" pulley with stock injectors be a good idea an is the ACM required to have? I noticed it doesn't come with it
Old 09-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #19
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Would running the 3.6" pulley with stock injectors be a good idea an is the ACM required to have? I noticed it doesn't come with it
It would be a good idea to get the larger injectors now, you should need them.

And you should also get Hondata Kpro, It will never run as it should without it.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:47 PM   #20
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
It would be a good idea to get the larger injectors now, you should need them.

And you should also get Hondata Kpro, It will never run as it should without it.
Agreed. I'd recommend at least 725cc injectors or higher. I run 775cc with stock fuel pump. I'd also recommend getting the 3.15" boost pulley... I'm running a 3" boost pulley now on my setup and had a 3.2" boost pulley prior. Learn from those that tried to go cheaper (mhmm guilty here), but still ended up spending more to get the setup right.
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:49 PM   #21
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
^ x2 When I first got my supercharger with a 3.15Ē pulley I went through the trouble frying to calculate what injector size I needed. I thought 600cc injectors with the stock fuel pump and fuel line system would work for my build - NOT - ran lean at 8400 rpm. On my current build Iím pushing 10.7 psi after the aftercooler and iím achieving solid performance using 1000cc injectors when running on 93 octane or E85 fuel. I wouldn't go smaller than 750cc.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote