Exhaust - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Bolt-On Basics: RSX Type-S
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
moks

moks is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moks is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moks is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moks is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moks is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moks is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moks is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moks is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Exhaust

Hey guys just bought an 05 type s love it but it’s completely stock. Looking at putting a new exhaust on. My old car was a 00 civic sir bseries with a skunk2 exhaust and it sounded real good and cracked vtec hard. I want to get another skunk2 for the type s but really don’t want to pay 700+ with shipping and everything. Anybody have any suggestions for a decent exhaust that sounds good that’s not $700+ ? Thanks
moks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2018, 08:25 PM   #2
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1024961

lots of info all over this forum man. Look on youtube as that will give you the best idea of what you think sounds good
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:48 AM   #3
InZain08

InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I've got an OEM Type R catback located in San Diego.

$300 obo picked up
InZain08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #4
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

remyrounds is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by InZain08 View Post
I've got an OEM Type R catback located in San Diego.

$300 obo picked up
That's pretty much the same as an 05-06 Type-S
Old 08-03-2018, 01:24 PM   #5
InZain08

InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by remyrounds View Post
Oh, I see. My bad OP; I was trying to offer you a lower cost option but you should probably give your money to kseriesparts.

Good luck!
InZain08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:16 PM   #6
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

remyrounds is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by InZain08 View Post
Oh, I see. My bad OP; I was trying to offer you a lower cost option but you should probably give your money to kseriesparts.

Good luck!
FYI, I am not trying to drum up an order. Just passing along info.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:17 PM   #7
dopeyrsx

dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by remyrounds View Post
B-pipe is the same, but the muffler has a valve that helps at the top end.
dopeyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:23 PM   #8
TTercel

TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Invidia Q300 gets my vote.
TTercel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:37 PM   #9
hylander

hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hylander is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Magna Flow is a very nice exhaust system. I had mine done at:

Ed Hansons in Spring Valley, CA. He does great work and very reasonably priced. You can decide how loud or quiet you want it.
hylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:06 PM   #10
alonzo562

alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alonzo562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Get a custom exhaust. Buy the muffler and resonator then go to a shop and pay them for the piping and install. Maybe around 400 total.
alonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:07 AM   #11
Argonfree

Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Argonfree is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I am getting the ktuned 3" oval, lots of ground clearance when lowered $629 all SS, SHIPPED . I already have the Ktuned 409 rsx race header.

The Dc5 and ep3 have the same underbody design, once they are lowered with a 2.75 - 3 " exhaust, they scrape on stuff, I ain't tryn to have shit bust off.

I ain't being cheap with my shit no more..lol

Last edited by Argonfree; 08-16-2018 at 04:12 AM..
Argonfree is offline   Reply With Quote