Has anyone used this part - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Bolt-On Basics: RSX Type-S
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-09-2019, 09:12 AM   #1
Mikeman711

Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Has anyone used this part

Ok so I recently seen this part and I decided to to dish the money for it not sure if any gains at all I have not found any info at all
So what it’s called is a shift wire rigid collar
Part number 00110-dc5-moo1

Now when you look it up under shift wire rigid collar all you find are the pics of what I have but no info and then you see the rigid collar for the subframe witch is not the same part

Has anyone bought this part or any experience in this part ? I will attach some pics of it and where it is installed I have replaced anything I can think of needing to replaced for shifting the
clutch
Hardmotion slave cylinder
Hybrid racing master cylinder
braided line
Shifter pivot ball and spring
Gear selector spring
So that’s why I purchased but just curios if any one else has used this part before thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65D30D20-EBBD-4F2A-882D-96A3FFDAF102_1549724936545.png
Views:	72
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	548463   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAD41A67-DA88-4631-A061-960CF21659E8_1549724952878.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	548465   Click image for larger version

Name:	96AF7179-7A2B-4A40-BDB8-ABAE903A0CC5_1549724965612.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	548467  
Mikeman711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #2
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Don't know. The original stock parts on my RSX are still working well.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:24 PM   #3
Mikeman711

Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yea mine were also but decided to splur and spend on the bushing lol we shall see if it makes a difference

Old 02-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #4
xDC5

xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Never seen those, but I recently bought the Hybrid Racing shifter bushings, and the difference was night and day! I never knew that the gears could be compacted into a much smaller area than it was before I replaced them lol. Even though the Hybrid Racing has the spherical bearing in it, it was very stiff in the beginning, but after a few weeks of use it finally eased up a bit. I guess anything is better than 13 year old bushings, but I like the new notchy feel with the Hybrid Racing bushings.
xDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:31 PM   #5
Mikeman711

Ok yea I think they are similar I’m not sure and ok we will see when I install and thanks wish I would have seen the hybrid racing ones first could have saved $40 but oh well I’ll post pics after I get it installed
Old 02-12-2019, 03:05 PM   #6
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have the equivalent of these and they did the trick:
https://www.kseriesparts.com/TOR-TS-SCB-500.html

But also installed these too:
https://www.kseriesparts.com/STK-SK06-HBSG-SFB8.html or
https://www.kseriesparts.com/TOR-TS-BB-012.html or
https://www.kseriesparts.com/KTD-SFT-BUS-A.html

If you want to take it up a level beyond that, there's:
https://www.kseriesparts.com/ACI-1887.html or MTEC makes them, and there's this too:
https://www.kseriesparts.com/KTD-PB-SPRG.html

Last edited by IronGumby; 02-12-2019 at 03:08 PM..
IronGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #7
Mikeman711

Hey thanks and I see you got those other bushings I was not sure if those really will help with shifting or show a difference have you noticed a difference and I already got the gear selector spring and shifter pivot ball and spring and now these was not sure if I really needed these other bushinings
Old 02-12-2019, 09:43 PM   #8
xDC5

xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeman711 View Post
Ok yea I think they are similar I’m not sure and ok we will see when I install and thanks wish I would have seen the hybrid racing ones first could have saved $40 but oh well I’ll post pics after I get it installed
I'm sure that they're pretty much the same. Yours will probably be stiffer since they're completely solid. Mine were really stiff at the beginning, but they loosened up to a good level. The range to find the gears becomes a lot shorter compared to OEM. I find myself actually having to do the H motion instead of crossing diagonally from 2-3 or 4-5.
xDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:49 AM   #9
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeman711 View Post
I was not sure if those really will help with shifting or show a difference have you noticed a difference
As with a lot of people, when I DIY'd it I did a few things a the same time. I couldn't concretely tell you which did exactly what, but these did help. The review from this guy says it cleaned up the shifting for him: https://www.kseriesparts.com/KTD-SFT-BUS-A.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDC5 View Post
I find myself actually having to do the H motion instead of crossing diagonally from 2-3 or 4-5.
You do?! Holy cow! Idk if it's the neutral return spring (https://www.kseriesparts.com/KTD-PB-SPRG.html) or what but I don't think about the H so it must do it for me
Old 02-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #10
Mikeman711

Awesome great responses thanks much I will
Update as soon as dr days I’m allowed to drive