Comptech Supercharger FAQ - Page 7 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:30 AM   #151
Bango_Vang01

Bango_Vang01 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by knwldge54 View Post
Doubt it. You should try finding out what the law is (in decibels) then shop with that in mind.
Maybe even go custom with a large resonator.
Yeah I didn't even know they made something like this for the Exhaust!! Well I did some research and also watch some on youtube to see whats the difference, but I don't think it will still solve anything?!?! The cops in my Neighborhood are some freaken B.I.T.C.H..E.S!!!

IDK Maybe I'll get the Supercharger and just don't use a Full Cat-Back. Thanks anyways.
Bango_Vang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #152
DC5NC

DC5NC is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Hey guys, I to have been in one of those "s/c or turbo" ordeals and i have finally made up my mind to go s/c do to the reliability, affordability and my power goals ( i want to hit 250hp to the wheels).

I read somewhere about relocating the MAP on the jacksonracing s/c. Is this also requiered by comptech?

I know comptech and jackson are similar but is ctsc still reputable even after changing management?

Lastly aside from the s/c, kpro, tune, injectors and smaller pully what else will i need to get it up and running? thanks.

FOR SHOW: 17x7.5 Rota Torque, 15% TINT, JDM FOGS, Retro-Solutions 6000k.
DC5NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #153
rsx-ftw
TypeS VBP Hawtness!!

rsx-ftw is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Answerssssssssssss

Old 06-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #154
LickyMYwalker
gone

LickyMYwalker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
yes they are still reputable. better management i would say.
LickyMYwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:59 AM   #155
Shalveen

Shalveen is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I just got done installing CT supercharger on my car with a 3.3 in pulley. This guy Nate at CT engineering was cool. I would ask him dumb questions by email and he always got back to me quick. He also sent me the instruction manual by email to look at before i bought the kit.

Yeah you still need to relocate the MAP sensor, pretty easy.
You didn't mention spark plugs, but SC kit came with a set of DENSO spark plugs so i didn't have to buy any. I didn't have to re-use my stock tensioner pulley, also came with one.

I had a couple of extra bolts
Overall, the installation was WAY easier than i thought it would be. Only other experience i have had was CAI, RH installs. Just takes a while to do everything.
Shalveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:14 AM   #156
blackrsx530
CT

blackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrsx530 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalveen View Post
I just got done installing CT supercharger on my car with a 3.3 in pulley. This guy Nate at CT engineering was cool. I would ask him dumb questions by email and he always got back to me quick. He also sent me the instruction manual by email to look at before i bought the kit.

Yeah you still need to relocate the MAP sensor, pretty easy.
You didn't mention spark plugs, but SC kit came with a set of DENSO spark plugs so i didn't have to buy any. I didn't have to re-use my stock tensioner pulley, also came with one.

I had a couple of extra bolts
Overall, the installation was WAY easier than i thought it would be. Only other experience i have had was CAI, RH installs. Just takes a while to do everything.
bought my s/c kit from him recently and yeah hes a cool guy, did you get the reflash or are you running kpro?
blackrsx530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:57 AM   #157
Shalveen

Shalveen is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Kpro.
Shalveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #158
integlspwr

integlspwr is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
does anyone have the link to the pdf installation for the comptech super charger on a rsx-s?

If someone can email it to me, that would be awesome..

integlspwr@gmail.com

Thanks!
integlspwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #159
Highrev1
The GREG

Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member Highrev1 is a glorious c-rsx member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrev1 View Post
2002-2004
2005-2006

I know I fucking RULE!!!
Highrev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #160
integlspwr

integlspwr is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrev1 View Post
you are the man!
integlspwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #161
20rsxs02

20rsxs02 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I am planning on purchacing a comptech s/c soon, but i have a couple questions...

1. i currently have some unorth underdrive pullies.... will that effect the superchargers pulley in any negative way? if so i still have my stockies laying around somewhere.

2. I will upgrade my clutch as well, but what about the flywheel? does having a lighter flywheel intefer with the boost? (i only ask because somebody told me it might...)

I have searched around the forums for and haven't found any answers anywhere. thanks.
20rsxs02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #162
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20rsxs02 View Post
I am planning on purchacing a comptech s/c soon, but i have a couple questions...

1. i currently have some unorth underdrive pullies.... will that effect the superchargers pulley in any negative way? if so i still have my stockies laying around somewhere.

2. I will upgrade my clutch as well, but what about the flywheel? does having a lighter flywheel intefer with the boost? (i only ask because somebody told me it might...)

I have searched around the forums for and haven't found any answers anywhere. thanks.
  1. Do you have the accessory pulleys or the crank pulley? If just the accessories then I don't forsee any issues other than possibly having to find a different belt length. If you have the crank pulley then yes you will have an issue. It will underdrive your blower also and lower the amount of boost you get.
  2. A lighter flywheel is not a problem with a roots style blower. I've been running one for years.
Lucid Moments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #163
20rsxs02

20rsxs02 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid Moments View Post
  1. Do you have the accessory pulleys or the crank pulley? If just the accessories then I don't forsee any issues other than possibly having to find a different belt length. If you have the crank pulley then yes you will have an issue. It will underdrive your blower also and lower the amount of boost you get.
  2. A lighter flywheel is not a problem with a roots style blower. I've been running one for years.
thanks for a quick response. and yes i do have the lightened crank pulley so i will change it. nice to know about the flywheel too.
20rsxs02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #164
HardcoreRsxS
EFI Tuning Professional

HardcoreRsxS is on a distinguished road HardcoreRsxS is on a distinguished road HardcoreRsxS is on a distinguished road
I've tuned a stage 2 on a civic si with 9psi. 300+ hp and with Jmercados aftercooler, smaller pulley, methanol and a retune, we expect 330+
HardcoreRsxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #165
SkylineTT7
OMG DC5

SkylineTT7 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
great write up
Done
Accelerating
- My Show-Off Thread: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=689498
SkylineTT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #166
stevens40z

stevens40z is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I'm about to buy the base kit from comptech and i have a quick question. I already have the #4 reflash from hondata. If i send my ecu into comptech for there reflash, will they just overwrite it or will I have to send it back to hondata to get it cleared?
stevens40z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:14 AM   #167
JustinC
Master Member

JustinC is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens40z View Post
I'm about to buy the base kit from comptech and i have a quick question. I already have the #4 reflash from hondata. If i send my ecu into comptech for there reflash, will they just overwrite it or will I have to send it back to hondata to get it cleared?
comptech doesn't flash it, hondata does, so it won't be an issue

Sold: 2003 NHBP RSX Type S
S/C Crew #45
RED WING CREW #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensoyka View Post
that's why most guys who suck get their hands on a repair manual, 95% less suckage
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #168
stevens40z

stevens40z is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
comptech doesn't flash it, hondata does, so it won't be an issue
Ok thanks.
stevens40z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #169
RSXNINE
Master Member

RSXNINE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXNINE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXNINE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXNINE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXNINE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXNINE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXNINE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSXNINE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
This is one of the best FAQ'snI have ever read
RSXNINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #170
conradb212
ECU Tuner

conradb212 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXNINE View Post
This is one of the best FAQ'snI have ever read
Thanks. I can't believe it's been almost five years since I wrote it.

I stopped by Shad Huntley's terrific new race shop in Cameron Park a few days ago. He's the guy who pioneered the CTSC at Comptech and he's been kind enough to check out my car whenever I stop by.
Mods: Stage 3 Comptech SC, AEM CAI, Comptech street header, stock cat, modified stock injectors, Hondata K-Pro, Hondata IMG, Fujitsubo PG catback, cat, 225/45-17 Goodrich G-force Rivals on Kazera rims, Mugen SS, Quaife LSD, CT lightweight flywheel and street clutch, ACT heavy-duty pressure plate, CT rear sway/tie bar and titanium front strut brace, Type-R replica wing, CT short shifter, Auto Meter Sport Comp full-sweep boost gauge. Current results: 290 whp on DynaPack. Web: My RSX and K-Pro page. My Blog: ECU Tuning
conradb212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #171
Temptazn_Mark
Master Member

Temptazn_Mark is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I just installed my Comptech supercharger that I bought used which didn't come with instructions and this came with the kit.

What is it?

Temptazn_Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:48 AM   #172
JustinC
Master Member

JustinC is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptazn_Mark View Post
I just installed my Comptech supercharger that I bought used which didn't come with instructions and this came with the kit.

What is it?

they are spacers so that they raise accessories slightly

Sold: 2003 NHBP RSX Type S
S/C Crew #45
RED WING CREW #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensoyka View Post
that's why most guys who suck get their hands on a repair manual, 95% less suckage
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #173
Temptazn_Mark
Master Member

Temptazn_Mark is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
they are spacers so that they raise accessories slightly
Shit.. are they necessary? I'd really hate to have to go in there to screw around with the accessories.
Temptazn_Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #174
leemaster

leemaster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx leemaster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx leemaster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx leemaster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx leemaster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx leemaster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx leemaster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx leemaster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
do they have the comptec supercharger for the automatic base?
leemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #175
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemaster View Post
do they have the comptec supercharger for the automatic base?
No.