Should I buy an RSX? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > New Member Introduction RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #1
Tony2244

Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Should I buy an RSX?

Hi so I've been looking around for a new daily thats cheaper to maintain and more realible than my current car which is an 05 Rx8. I looked a few cars but the Rsx caught my interest out of all other cars. I wanted to get a manual but I'd settle with an auto as it'd honestly just be used as a daily and nothing else. I told my dad I wanted to get one but he said to r
Stay away from Acura parts are expensive, even more so than the Rx8's. I don't know how true that is but it got me a lil worried if I should really buy one. I found an Rsx auto at 120,000 miles which was only driven by a senior citizen and peaks my interest. But my question is if what my dad said really true and how realible are these cars? Are they really that expensive to maintain? Im currently a college student as well so Im really trying to not spend much money but I just love the liftback of the Rsx.

Thanks
Tony2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2019, 02:52 PM   #2
BrutalB83
WILDCARD!

BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
No offense to your dad, but I think he's clueless on this one. Some of the newer, higher end Acuras may be expensive to service, but the RSX is basically just a classier 2 door Civic. I haven't found parts to be any more expensive than regular Honda parts. Hell, I still take mine to the Acura dealership for oil changes because I like having the dealership maintenance records and the costs seem very reasonable to me.
BrutalB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:59 PM   #3
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yeah, that^ your dad is wrong.
They're just as reliable as any other Honda as long as it's been properly maintained. I bought mine with 66k miles, and now I'm at 123k. All I've done is maintenance and replaced the water pump.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2019, 03:00 PM   #4
Tony2244

Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tony2244 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yeah I pretty sure you just thinks all Acuras are expensive as he compared them with BMW and Mercedes level expensive. But I compared to owning a Rx8 I think an Rsx should be easier to maintain
Old 09-16-2019, 03:01 PM   #5
Tony2244

*he
Old 09-18-2019, 10:52 AM   #6
jaymesbry

jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2244 View Post
Yeah I pretty sure you just thinks all Acuras are expensive as he compared them with BMW and Mercedes level expensive. But I compared to owning a Rx8 I think an Rsx should be easier to maintain
haha yea I chuckle and frown at the same time when I look at parts for my type S vs my 335i.

I replaced the rear rotors/pads for 50 bucks shipped on the RSX with BRANDED Bosch and Brembo parts.

haha id be lucky to get one rotor for the BMW for 50 bucks
jaymesbry is offline   Reply With Quote