Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection - Page 51 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-27-2019, 09:34 AM   #1251
crackerjack
+ Displacement

crackerjack is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Nice story! I actually like the baby blue Veloster N. My brother is putting his 8th gen Si back to stock to potentially pick up a CTR.

Been driving my RSX more. Not up to par in looks, but feels great on the road. It's still crazy hot here in Orlando. ECTs climb to 206* F w/ AC and I don't have a tstat. I need to tune up my water meth to keep IATs in check. Been running without it since I reinstalled the MaxBore TB and Acuity TPS.
I put my OEM TB back on instead of using the hybrid racing 74mm TB. Apparently, after many years of using the Hybrid racing, the butterfly or somewhere is leaking and idling is sitting around 1400 rpm.

The thing I noticed is that my low end is a whole lot more responsive and top end is slightly lacking.
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2019, 01:33 AM   #1252
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
^ interesting... So better response with the OEM TB over the hybrid racing? My car response has improved since getting the TB rebuilt.
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:14 AM   #1253
Dickbowlmidz
Still here

Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
sending mine out to maxbore

Old 10-01-2019, 07:19 PM   #1254
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
^ nice! If you plan on updating your TPS as well, highly recommend the Acuity.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:26 PM   #1255
Dickbowlmidz
Still here

Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
for what it costs I might as well. did you buy the extra harness or just use kpro?
Old 10-04-2019, 08:33 AM   #1256
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
I did buy the extra harness, but it's NOT REQUIRED! I can't even find it now lol. K-Pro allows you to adjust the TPS scaling by reading min and Max.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:42 AM   #1257
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
In other news, I took the RSX out to see what's going on with my water/meth injection. I've was experiencing slight bogs during acceleration, but sorted that out adjusting fuel w/o spray activation.

Today, took the car for a 30 min drive data logging and a couple WOT pulls. So far, car did well. I only recorded 1 knock and I bogged once during spraying. I didn't push the car because I'm hesitant. After driving this thing bucking for a while 3 months back, I don't want to break it lol.

I think I'm running too rich, so going to pull more fuel to see if it resolves the issue.

Last edited by nats007; 10-04-2019 at 08:56 AM..
Old 10-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #1258
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Ugh, something crazy happened... I updated some values in my .Kal and for whatever reason it caused my W/M pump to engage. Not knowing, it was pumping, I tried to start my car and it multiple times and wouldn't start.

I load the old tune and my W/M pump stops. I go to the engine bay now and see water dripping from the intake. I pull the intake and a ton of water comes out... Fuuuuuuuu
Old 10-07-2019, 12:09 AM   #1259
Dickbowlmidz
Still here

solenoid failure?

Im not a water meth expert though
Old 10-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #1260
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
^ doubt it. I loaded my old tune and everything was fine. Something tweaked in me updating the .kal caused it to activate upon turning key to "on" position. I have since deleted that .kal and loaded my original one.

Problem is damage has been done. Motor seized on Saturday

Extremely bad timing, so car has to sit for a few months before I even start thinking what to do.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:02 PM   #1261
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Sorry to hear that. What a pisser!
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:49 AM   #1262
Dickbowlmidz
Still here

Quote:
^ doubt it. I loaded my old tune and everything was fine. Something tweaked in me updating the .kal caused it to activate upon turning key to "on" position. I have since deleted that .kal and loaded my original one.

Extremely bad timing, so car has to sit for a few months before I even start thinking what to do.
Damn dude so sorry to hear. Anything I can do to help let me know.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:16 PM   #1263
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickbowlmidz View Post
Damn dude so sorry to hear. Anything I can do to help let me know.
appreciate it Sir! I'm currently letting it sit until winter break and then will figure out how to get it going again. Spent last weekend putting new tires and new battery to get my beater driveable again.

I already stopped by my indy shop and explained what happened. I'll lean on them to give me a full assessment and will keep you all updated.
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM   #1264
hbjai
Zenki

hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:

dam. sorry to hear that.. new motor coming?

One question, my idle speed is set at 900. but the car only idles around 1.1-1.2k, never go under 1k. Vacuum leak? or do i just need a better basemap tune?
hbjai is offline   Reply With Quote