Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Rear shock/struts side specific?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Hyoriu 
#1 ·
So I see on Acura oem parts that there is a left and a right part number for the rear shocks, however on some aftermarket shocks I’ve seen they aren’t listed as side specific (kseries parts doesn’t specify sides either). I have some Gabriel ultras part number G51830 and it only seems to fit the left side. So I’m not sure if I assembled the strut assembly wrong or if I need to return one and find the correct part number.

Basically on the right side I can either line up the two upper mount bolts or i can line up the lower mount bushing, but not both. The spring is seated in the recesses properly so I’m fairly certain I assembled it correctly.

I have an 05 type s, which everything says these struts don’t fit but everything I have read has said that rear struts are the same from 02-06.

#2 ·
Actually, I think you might be able to mount the upper mount in either orientation up top as it is a separate piece from the part that indexes off the spring. That would explain why the assembly has a distinct part number but the bare strut doesn’t.

Im done messing with it for tonight but I’ll keep you guys posted when I find out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.