ECU tuning *chat* ask your questions here first - Page 62 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #1526
abpRSX-S

abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey guys i need some much needed help with this! im having knocks under a very light load.
heres the datalog
Attached Files
File Type: kdl Cruise ping.kdl (1.25 MB, 9 views)
-Broke Student Crew #25-
-335whp JRSC RSX

Last edited by abpRSX-S; 04-26-2013 at 04:30 PM..
abpRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #1527
trumpdis3
Master Member

trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx trumpdis3 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Hey , I had the new race header reflash . I have to be able to pass emmissions. In Az. So I bought an ECU, immobilizer. I went to Tempe acura to have them synched to my extra key, they told me 350.00 bucks. That's crazy! My question is where can I take this and have it done ?
trumpdis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #1528
ritchie
CRSX Financial Planner

ritchie is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
So I originally used the cai dyno tuned kal and tuned a/f for dd. switched over to the itr 310cc kal and tuned a/f for dd as well as WOT. I still haven't heard or registered a single engine knock. How possible is this? I feel like I'm missing something and just want to make sure before I start advancing my ignition.

Mods are: Injen CAI / PLM RH / fujitsubo rm01a (similar to Greddy SP2)

And if it matters I'm 600 ft above sea level and it's pretty cold. Air intake temp runs around 50 dd'ing

Last edited by ritchie; 04-28-2013 at 07:44 AM..
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #1529
Kyle02RSX

Kyle02RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kyle02RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kyle02RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kyle02RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kyle02RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kyle02RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kyle02RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kyle02RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Can you use a hondata ecu to program the reasiness monitors so that they can show the monitors have run and are passed for emissions test.

I have an 02 rsx type s w turbo, and they use the obd2 monitors to go through emissions now.
Kyle02RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #1530
headaike
yadiyadayada

headaike is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
9psi JRSC K20A2 with Skunk 2 70mm TB. Is there a base map on kpro?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #1531
Atomforpeace87

Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Odd question involving multiple things. First.. i recently used a calibration that was posted on an N/A thread. It seemed to have been working pretty well for a while. First question.. what would you consider running rich or running lean. when either driving normally or at wot.. the numbers seem to stick around 14.. according to kmanager when im datalogging. second.. after a few weeks i noticed the car seems to be burning oil. so much that while driving today.. a cel came on and my car wouldnt go past 3000 rpms. i had this problem with an older honda i owned and i new i had to add oil. on top of that.. i just did an oil change + a valve adjustment.... on top of that.. i still get some valve tick.. didnt have much of it before. to sum it all up....

1. what would be rich.. what would be lean
2. would a change in tune cause my car to burn oil
3. would a change in tune.. or the fact that i have kpro and rbc have anything to do with valve
tick

id gladly appreciate any help. thanks
Atomforpeace87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #1532
kay20tilldeath
Master Member

kay20tilldeath is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
hey guys need your help, i recently updated kpro to the new beta 2.5 version. as soon as i did this, anytime while driving and rpms go past 2500-3000 a/f pegs to 18.2 or something . but anything under that is fine, now it seems like a tuning issue but about a month or so ago i had gotten tuned by magnesium (for the 3rd time) and all was well until i updated to beta version it seems like. i have already tried to download the version prior to 2.5 which is 2.4 and still does the same thing. any help is appreciated. here is a 3rd gear pull, im s/c and have aem uego wired to kpro if it matters which shouyldnt b/c it was working before..

3RD GEAR.kdl
kay20tilldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #1533
kay20tilldeath
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomforpeace87 View Post
Odd question involving multiple things. First.. i recently used a calibration that was posted on an N/A thread. It seemed to have been working pretty well for a while. First question.. what would you consider running rich or running lean. when either driving normally or at wot.. the numbers seem to stick around 14.. according to kmanager when im datalogging. second.. after a few weeks i noticed the car seems to be burning oil. so much that while driving today.. a cel came on and my car wouldnt go past 3000 rpms. i had this problem with an older honda i owned and i new i had to add oil. on top of that.. i just did an oil change + a valve adjustment.... on top of that.. i still get some valve tick.. didnt have much of it before. to sum it all up....

3. would a change in tune.. or the fact that i have kpro and rbc have anything to do with valve
tick

1: you want idle to be at or around 14.7, cruising around 12-13, wot around 11's
Old 05-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #1534
magnEsium
www.magtuning.com

magnEsium is a rep WHORE
magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE
Quote:

tick

An air/fuel ratio beyond 13.0:1 would be considered rich during full throttle, unless you are supercharged or turbocharged, or using nitrous. Nothing really could cause oil burning from a tune unless there is an extreme range in air/fuel ratio which could cause thinning of the oil and whatnot.

A tune/K-pro/RBC has nothing to do with valve tick. You're probably hearing the injectors tick and mistaking the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhRSXman View Post
hey guys need your help, i recently updated kpro to the new beta 2.5 version. as soon as i did this, anytime while driving and rpms go past 2500-3000 a/f pegs to 18.2 or something . but anything under that is fine, now it seems like a tuning issue but about a month or so ago i had gotten tuned by magnesium (for the 3rd time) and all was well until i updated to beta version it seems like. i have already tried to download the version prior to 2.5 which is 2.4 and still does the same thing. any help is appreciated. here is a 3rd gear pull, im s/c and have aem uego wired to kpro if it matters which shouyldnt b/c it was working before..

Attachment 375165
Looks like you may have an exhaust leak which is contaminating the reading from the sensor. There is nothing in the datalog that would suggest any other issue.

Last edited by magnEsium; 05-26-2013 at 11:29 AM..
magnEsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #1535
moneydeed

moneydeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moneydeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moneydeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moneydeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moneydeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moneydeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moneydeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx moneydeed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Mag would an exhaust leak cause me to not get a flux in my afr's? I cant get my tune right.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #1536
kay20tilldeath
Master Member

What about a bad tps sensor? I will Check to see if the header is leaking or cracked when I get home. It's just wired b/c it drives fine like normal when the sensor legs to the lean side.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #1537
all<dc5
NA Today

all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
1: you want idle to be at or around 14.7, cruising around 12-13, wot around 11's
False
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #1538
Atomforpeace87

Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomforpeace87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What would be the right numbers then..

Magnesium .. Im planning to get a tune from you guys how accurate and usefully would the stock.wideband using kmanager be? Opposed to an external
Atomforpeace87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #1539
kay20tilldeath
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by all<dc5 View Post
False
My apologies
Old 06-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #1540
Rsxsdriver

Rsxsdriver is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rsxsdriver is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rsxsdriver is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rsxsdriver is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rsxsdriver is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rsxsdriver is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rsxsdriver is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rsxsdriver is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hi guys!

I'm new on this forum and i'm a new Rsx-s 06 driver! I bought it used from a guy and it was completly stock. I want to modify the ECU but the only problem is that I NEVER played in the mechanic/electronic of a car, in fact, this rsx is my first car. I searched on the forum but i'm too noob to understand the meaning of many words. I heard about Hondata K-PRO for my K20 engine.

How does it work? Do I install it or Hondata does ? Do I have to send them my original ECU and then, they reflash it? I have no idea! How much does it cost and what gains does it provides to my car? Is there's some further upgrades that are recommended for the car?

Thanks a lot!
Rsxsdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #1541
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsxsdriver View Post
Hi guys!

I'm new on this forum and i'm a new Rsx-s 06 driver! I bought it used from a guy and it was completly stock. I want to modify the ECU but the only problem is that I NEVER played in the mechanic/electronic of a car, in fact, this rsx is my first car. I searched on the forum but i'm too noob to understand the meaning of many words. I heard about Hondata K-PRO for my K20 engine.

How does it work? Do I install it or Hondata does ? Do I have to send them my original ECU and then, they reflash it? I have no idea! How much does it cost and what gains does it provides to my car? Is there's some further upgrades that are recommended for the car?

Thanks a lot!
check out the other stickies at the top of this section, the ones by fade2black and conradb212, they cover these questions, and list all kinds of other things. you can also dowload kmanager (the software you tune with) from hondata's website for free to your laptop and play around with it beforehand to get a feel for it.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #1542
zakB

zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
how do i start a thread nd add a pic,
zakB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #1543
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakB View Post
how do i start a thread nd add a pic,
the new thread button is towards the top of the page in each section, about an inch above where this thread is. to insert an image, click on the yellow post card icon with a mountain on it, and insert the image url. you see this when replying to a post, by clicking "go advanced" or making a thread. or you can just use img tags [img] [/img] and insterting the image url between the tags.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #1544
zakB

zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zakB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
dewd i dnt see it, left or right side
zakB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #1545
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakB View Post
dewd i dnt see it, left or right side
Old 06-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #1546
kay20tilldeath
Master Member

That's right, just keep holding thier hand lol
Old 06-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #1547
all<dc5
NA Today

all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
What would be the right numbers then..

Magnesium .. Im planning to get a tune from you guys how accurate and usefully would the stock.wideband using kmanager be? Opposed to an external
14.7 for part throttle and cruise, and 13.0 for WOT
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #1548
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Quote:
That's right, just keep holding thier hand lol
normally i wouldn't, but considering how dead the forum is as a whole these days, i figured, why not.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #1549
my02RsxS

my02RsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx my02RsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx my02RsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx my02RsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx my02RsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx my02RsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx my02RsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx my02RsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Question: Just installed K-Pro using Stock tune. It seems my fuel decreases really fast. anyone can help on this? I am reaaallly new to Kpro. Thanks in advance
my02RsxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #1550
ERIC_DC5
Master Member

ERIC_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ERIC_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ERIC_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ERIC_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ERIC_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ERIC_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ERIC_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ERIC_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ERIC_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
how much did you guys pay to acura/honda to match a used ecu to your car?
ERIC_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote