ECU tuning *chat* ask your questions here first - Page 74 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-20-2016, 11:42 PM   #1826
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyKay View Post
Hi all! I drive an 03 RSX (Auto as its a daily) but so far the only modifications I've done are:
- GruppeM Air Intake
- Swapped to leather seats
- Awesome sound system

What would adding an aftermarket ECU do for me? Would I be looking at an increase in power?

Also I've found two locally but vary in price/brand, is there a difference between the two?
- Mugen ECU from the Honda One Make (apparently very rare, very few made) - $500AUD
- Hondata Kpro Kswap $155AUD

Any help appreciated Cheers!
is that a typo, or is the kpro $155? base price for kpro is about $700 usd. then having an automatic, you would need to get another ecu, an adapter harness, and a couple sensors. unless you're planning on boosting the car or something, i'd go with a hondata reflash. it will give you a little bump in power
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2016, 04:02 AM   #1827
BobbyKay

BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks for the reply Agent Smith So does that mean getting a mechanic to reflash the stock ECU or do I need to buy a Hondata unit for an RSX? Thanks!
BobbyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:56 PM   #1828
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You have to remove your ECU and take/ship it to a Hondata dealer to get it reflashed. Kseriesparts.com is considered a dealer but you ship it straight to Hondata

Old 01-21-2016, 05:22 PM   #1829
iThinkImJoey
CRSX Seen better days

iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
Garage
Inner ricer being exposed right now. Didnt want to make a thread so here it is.

First off im N/A and have Kpro.
I want to have some nice popping sound when i bounce off my 2step (flames would be nice[told you my inner ricer is coming out]) But yes I know you have to mess with the ignition retard and fuel enrichment but I have no clue what values to put that are necessarily safe.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:18 AM   #1830
BobbyKay

BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BobbyKay is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGumby View Post
You have to remove your ECU and take/ship it to a Hondata dealer to get it reflashed. Kseriesparts.com is considered a dealer but you ship it straight to Hondata
Thank you. Do you know if there are any Australian outlets that perform this?
Old 01-22-2016, 09:14 AM   #1831
dan_nguyen
Vietnamese Singer

dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own dan_nguyen must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyKay View Post
Thank you. Do you know if there are any Australian outlets that perform this?
Contact these guys, I'm sure they could help you out, or at least point you in the right direction http://www.jdmyard.com/
Old 01-23-2016, 02:49 AM   #1832
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by iThinkImJoey View Post
Inner ricer being exposed right now. Didnt want to make a thread so here it is.

First off im N/A and have Kpro.
I want to have some nice popping sound when i bounce off my 2step (flames would be nice[told you my inner ricer is coming out]) But yes I know you have to mess with the ignition retard and fuel enrichment but I have no clue what values to put that are necessarily safe.
tune yourself rich if you want the unburnt fuel firing in your exhaust. then drill a hole and insert a spark plug into your exhaust, wire it up for power, insert a coil and switch. or you could by one of the kits.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:46 AM   #1833
abpRSX-S

abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpRSX-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Did hondata remove the set readiness function on kpro? I have nj inspection coming up and I don't see it in kmanager anymore? Worked like a charm before I really don't feel like paying for an inspection sticker. If anybody here knows anything about it please let me know. Maybe I'm just overlooking it?
-Broke Student Crew #25-
-335whp JRSC RSX
abpRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:38 PM   #1834
black dc5
Master Member

black dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by abpRSX-S View Post
Did hondata remove the set readiness function on kpro? I have nj inspection coming up and I don't see it in kmanager anymore? Worked like a charm before I really don't feel like paying for an inspection sticker. If anybody here knows anything about it please let me know. Maybe I'm just overlooking it?
I can double check for you this evening. I had to do an update recently but Netbook battery died before I can look into it and upload a kal.

On that note, what does everyone use for KManager and datalogging?

I am using an old (2008?) Asus EEEPC Netbook (purchased specifically for this purpose) since my main laptop was too big.

I now have a MacBook Pro and I doubt the iOS will work w/ KManager.
black dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:54 PM   #1835
TypeS7
mex edition steve

TypeS7 is on a distinguished road
I upload a calibration and datalog but no info is showing..
Short On Mod Cash Crew Member #12
2003 NHBP rsx-s: Turbo in the works, bunch of JDM rice parts.
2000 Civic LX sedan: daily beater
1989 MK3 Toyota supra turbo: money pit #2
Instagram:types7
TypeS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:12 AM   #1836
BobbyKay

Will auto shops organize and tune/setup an ECU?
Old 02-21-2016, 07:51 PM   #1837
abpdc5jake

abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Is anyone using parallels desktop 11 on their mac with kpro?
abpdc5jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:20 AM   #1838
all<dc5
NA Today

all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by abpdc5jake View Post
Is anyone using parallels desktop 11 on their mac with kpro?
I'm using VMWare Fusion with Windows 7 to run Kmanager on my MacBook Pro, no problems
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:59 PM   #1839
abpdc5jake

abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx abpdc5jake is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by all<dc5 View Post
I'm using VMWare Fusion with Windows 7 to run Kmanager on my MacBook Pro, no problems
Did you have to buy windows 7 or does that come with VMWare Fusion?
Sorry if these are noob questions
abpdc5jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:01 PM   #1840
all<dc5
NA Today

all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by abpdc5jake View Post
Did you have to buy windows 7 or does that come with VMWare Fusion?
Sorry if these are noob questions
Not a rookie question at all, as far as I know not many people do this.

But no VMWare Fusion, and I think Parallels as well, don't come with the Windows software so you have to buy that separately. I should add that I upgraded from 4 GB of RAM to 8 GB on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2012) when I purchased it, so that may help it run Kmanager on Fusion more smoothly.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:57 PM   #1841
Enishi26
VTEC Connoisseur

Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey everybody quick question(I'm super new to the whole ECU thing). I plan on getting K-tuner. I have a set of Kelford 179-a's sitting in my room. I know I cant install cams and then drive around without tune. I was wondering if it would be safe to install them myself then get an e-tune/remote tune/street tune (dont know the difference in these still reading threads). Is something like that possible or should I just take it to a shop with a dyno and K-tuner experience and have them do it all?
K&N Typhoon SRI/Skunk2 intake mani/Skunk2 70mm TB/Skunk2 Alpha Race Header/Invidia Q300/RC650 injectors/innovative mounts/Blox short shifter adapter/Tein Basis/ competition Clutch Stage 2/Competition clutch ultra lightweight flywheel/ Kelford 179-A/K-Tuner
K20Z1/K24A2 239.1whp/169.8tq
Enishi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:26 AM   #1842
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Those 3 are all the same thing but yeah you will need to contact one of them ahead of time to get a basemap for such cams to use upon startup, and then go through the datalog tuning process. Pretty sure if you took it to a dyno shop they'd do the same thing. I don't personally know though; I just read stuff
Old 03-25-2016, 01:09 AM   #1843
all<dc5
NA Today

Quote:
Those 3 are all the same thing but yeah you will need to contact one of them ahead of time to get a basemap for such cams to use upon startup, and then go through the datalog tuning process. Pretty sure if you took it to a dyno shop they'd do the same thing. I don't personally know though; I just read stuff
I think he means take it to a shop that can do the cam installation and then tune it too
Old 03-25-2016, 08:49 AM   #1844
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

Right, but I meant that after cam installation, they would still work from a cam basemap if he was apprehensive about e-tuning
Old 03-25-2016, 06:32 PM   #1845
Tjmr15

Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just had to swap a K24 into my type-S (engine blew) and I was wondering is there anything I can do with K-pro (or mods) to get the same vtec crossover sound as a k20, it just isn't as aggressive sounding with the k24.
Tjmr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:11 PM   #1846
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

Interesting. Audible VTEC crossover is usually dependant upon intake and intake manifold, or so I thought... Maybe the TSX cams don't pop as much much because yeah I don't think the small to large lobe is that big of a jump as it is for the RSX
Old 03-26-2016, 09:57 AM   #1847
Tjmr15

Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tjmr15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Interesting. Audible VTEC crossover is usually dependant upon intake and intake manifold, or so I thought... Maybe the TSX cams don't pop as much because yeah I don't think the small to large lobe is that big of a jump as it is for the RSX
Crap, so there probably isn't anything tuning wise I can do, It just is what it is?
Tjmr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #1848
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjmr15 View Post
Crap, so there probably isn't anything tuning wise I can do, It just is what it is?
Answered your question in another thread. Either swap k20a2 head on your block or build the k24 head
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:03 PM   #1849
all<dc5
NA Today

Or maybe he could get Kpro and make the crossover point stupidly high
Old 04-07-2016, 11:32 PM   #1850
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Going to start learning how to self-tune and spent the last few hours reading the guides in this forum. So, quick setup of what I'm trying to accomplish...

2006 K24a2
Injen CAI
2.5" catback
OBX V1 RH
JRSC w/ 3.2" BP
Just swapped from a K20a2 CP (5.8") to a K24a2 CP (6.125")

The CP swap essentially increased my boost from 5PSI to ~7-8psi and now I hit lean cut at 5000rpm (upper boundary VTEC limit at 98 kPa in KPRO) and will confirm with datalogs tomorrow.

My objective is to rectify this... From what I read, I need to most likely add fuel before and after the upper boundary, but is there anything else I should look for?
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote