2003 Rsx S tsx projector retrofit? - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Lighting RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #26
KYrsx08

KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Finally found the ones that i think will work best and reasonable....http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3181
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #27
andersmb
Master Member

andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
dude you know those are mini's too...since the lens diameter is the same as the tsx i guess they could work, the porjector body might be too small to fit right in the bowl though..also theyre bi-xenon which will elminate your high beams

Last edited by andersmb; 09-01-2011 at 10:13 PM..
andersmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #28
Tegg4
Consultant

Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just get the TSX projectors and be done with it. Dont make it harder than it has to be. Shop around on ebay abd forums and you can get them for $100 or less. I bought one from a member on here for $50 and one on ebay for $45 I think it was.
Quote:
Philips bulbs with Morimoto ballasts just may be the most baller light of all time. -Thomas Edison
Tegg4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #29
aznvtek
Master Member

aznvtek is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
those mini h1 projectors are great lol i have them light up the whole road like any other full sized ones
aznvtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #30
KYrsx08

KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KYrsx08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Aznvtek..... thats why i bought them because i seen that you had them and yours looked well, i got the whole pair from the TRS for less than 80 bucks, i was willing to pay more and not have to shop around etc... so are your high beams are eliminated now? this isnt a big hassle if it has to be.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #31
dustin02rsx

dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYrsx08 View Post
Aznvtek..... thats why i bought them because i seen that you had them and yours looked well, i got the whole pair from the TRS for less than 80 bucks, i was willing to pay more and not have to shop around etc... so are your high beams are eliminated now? this isnt a big hassle if it has to be.
im not sure how the high beams would be eliminated being as the rsx has a different light for each...

[AEM][APEXi][Tein][JTC][Progress][Kicker]
dustin02rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #32
andersmb
Master Member

andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
because bi-xenons need to be hooked up to both the low and high beam harnesses
Old 09-05-2011, 01:08 AM   #33
dustin02rsx

dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dustin02rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i would think you could splice into your highs without losing them...

Old 09-05-2011, 01:54 AM   #34
andersmb
Master Member

i mean i guess you could do that but if you already have projectors w/ highs whats the point of having both
Old 09-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #35
dustin02rsx

for my 2500k bulbs lol

Old 09-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #36
KYrsx08

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin02rsx View Post
for my 2500k bulbs lol
yea i like how you did your highs, the yellow krylon paint looks good plus bulbs, i still want to have the option of both as well

Last edited by KYrsx08; 09-06-2011 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: na
KYrsx08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #37
aznvtek
Master Member

Quote:
i just cut off that bixenon wire lol i read that the solenoid have problems (not all of them) and i was too lazy to mod the projector so fuk it haha the regular high beam works well
Old 09-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #38
KYrsx08

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznvtek View Post
i just cut off that bixenon wire lol i read that the solenoid have problems (not all of them) and i was too lazy to mod the projector so fuk it haha the regular high beam works well
i think i may do the same, just depends how it works when i start the process, if only these FedEx trucks were boosted haha
Old 09-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #39
Tegg4
Consultant

Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tegg4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Mine are finally finished. Props to HID Illusionz...

Left the blinker and reflector amber, but had the driving lights smoked out, since I hate how they look and when the HIDs are on you will only see them.

Quote:
Philips bulbs with Morimoto ballasts just may be the most baller light of all time. -Thomas Edison

Last edited by Tegg4; 09-08-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Old 09-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #40
KYrsx08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegg4 View Post

Left the blinker and reflector amber, but had the driving lights smoked out, since I hate how they look and when the HIDs are on you will only see them.

The morimoto projectors and mini gatling shrouds i bought will sit back in the housing farther than what your's does, but the flush look is sweet!

Last edited by KYrsx08; 09-08-2011 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: n/a
KYrsx08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #41
tinma
#MoneyTeam

tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
how much did those babys cost ya? looks awesome!
tinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #42
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinma View Post
how much did those babys cost ya? looks awesome!
I bought all the parts myself. Parts came out to be around $365. That included an extra set of OEM lights, TSX projectors, Shrouds, Phillips bulbs, Morimoto Ballasts, and a harness. That's not to bad considering I got the higher end of everything. The Retrofit Source straight hooked me up with the ballasts, harness, and phillips OEM bulbs for well... the projectors and headlights cost me $205 so you figure it out. Ha. They actually matched the price of a competitors product that was not even anywhere as nice as theirs. Check out the tech on the ballasts, much more sophisticated than anything out there other than OEM. They are OEM grade.

The retrofit itself was from HID Illusionz. http://hidillusionz.blogspot.com/To have them retro mine cost me $300. I called over 6 places and they were the cheapest by $150, their work looked the best, and were very helpful! I HIGHLY recommend them. Their work is top notch, these guys love what they do and it shows. 300 is not cheap, but it guaranteed that they were done right and come with a lifetime warranty on their work. I could have done them myself and would have if they were 05+ headlights but these are much harder. It was well worth the price IMO.

Spend $665 total for parts and labor. Much cheaper and a lot nicer than most of the ones I have seen done. Check out their site, pages and pages of sick retrofits. I couldn't stop looking at them. They do insane LED work and may have them retro my tail lights w/ all LED lights in the future.

Here is some more of HID Illusionz work. I do not work for them or anything, I'm just a very happy customer.

Quote:

Last edited by Tegg4; 09-08-2011 at 10:50 AM..
Old 09-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #43
Tegg4
Consultant

Quote:
The morimoto projectors and mini gatling shrouds i bought will sit back in the housing farther than what your's does, but the flush look is sweet!
Got any pics of yours? Would love to see them.

I was willing to spend a good bit for the retrofit since it is a lot more functional and useful than almost anything else you can do. Makes driving at night 100% more fun!
Quote:
Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #44
suiteddc5

suiteddc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
My soon to be complete
Bi-Xenon FX-Rs Retrofit.

HTC EVO 4G - ON BOOSTMOBILE
suiteddc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #45
tinma
#MoneyTeam

tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tinma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
wow that costed a pretty penny lol
Progress | AEM | Ingalls | O.Z. Racing | Strut King | GReddy
====================================
Viet Crew Member
tinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #46
Tegg4
Consultant

Nice looks good. Are you blacking everything out? Doing anything different to the reflectors or other lights? I wanted to have the front half of the high beam bowl blacked out, but wasn't sure if it would mess up the output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinma View Post
wow that costed a pretty penny lol
Yea, no kidding, but I bought the parts and saved up over the course of 3 months. So its a long time coming.
Quote:
Old 09-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #47
suiteddc5

suiteddc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I plan on doing a black Chrome paint job on everything and maybe a yellow Chrome on the high beam reflector bowl.
suiteddc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:53 AM   #48
dustin02rsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegg4 View Post

i have the same shrouds

Old 09-09-2011, 08:33 AM   #49
Tegg4
Consultant

The extended BMW look ones get used by A LOT of people on this site but they have the slit cut out of part of the shroud to look like a BMW, and they just look absolutely terrible when on a RSX. I mean with all the better looking options you chose the only one that wasnt round... we have round headlights... Never understood why anyone used those? Its an expensive project, you want it to look good, not like something you just settled on. Its like putting a square in a round hole...

The ocular shrouds, but they wouldnt look all that great on a RSX imo.
Quote:
Old 09-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #50
aznvtek
Master Member

alot of people use the e46 shrouds because they fit perfectly in our 05 06 low beam circles..or whatever lol i got the same ones