Track *Chat* Part III - Page 14 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #326
warmmilk
Fat Free

warmmilk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Dc5 View Post
Also a case of over built and undeveloped Cars and drivers.

This past event I was at, I had gotten first with 300WHP and the 2nd place guy had 3x the aero and 710WHP Subaru which was about 1000 its lighter lol.
I'm talking pro drivers though... like Monster Tojima and Rhys Millen and the like...
warmmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2017, 08:37 AM   #327
Copafeel87

Copafeel87 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Ohlins USA can service the Japanese Ohlins DFVs for the DC5.
Find me a set so I can get them re-valved
Old 10-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #328
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
I'm talking pro drivers though... like Monster Tojima and Rhys Millen and the like...
Oh yeah its a fast time. 45 seconds from the class record I believe time attack 1.
Instagram:JordanBryantDc5
Jordan Dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2017, 05:50 PM   #329
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Any reviews on Feal suspension?

Thats what came on my Subaru and I certainly have never heard of many Honda guys using there brand. No big complaints thus far.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:25 PM   #330
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Any reviews on Feal suspension?

Thats what came on my Subaru and I certainly have never heard of many Honda guys using there brand. No big complaints thus far.
a buddy of mine has it on his BRZ that I drove on the track once. I like them, no bad habbits, handling track curbing quite well, no bouncing. I like them better than the Fortune Auto's I had on my RSX, at least before the revalve. I think to see any improvement you gotta spend over 2k...

The best dampers I've driven on so far are MCS. They are flat out amazing at taming a high spring rate, even better than Ohlins.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:29 PM   #331
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Quote:
a buddy of mine has it on his BRZ that I drove on the track once. I like them, no bad habbits, handling track curbing quite well, no bouncing. I like them better than the Fortune Auto's I had on my RSX, at least before the revalve. I think to see any improvement you gotta spend over 2k...

The best dampers I've driven on so far are MCS. They are flat out amazing at taming a high spring rate, even better than Ohlins.
Yup there is a big price/performance gap between low end dampers and high end. AMR is one of the only shocks that meet in the middle of the performance aspect.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:40 PM   #332
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Yup there is a big price/performance gap between low end dampers and high end. AMR is one of the only shocks that meet in the middle of the performance aspect.
are the AMR's better than the Feals?

idk, for me AMR's aren't an option just for how long it takes to buy them or get any service from them
Old 10-26-2017, 12:38 AM   #333
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Quote:
are the AMR's better than the Feals?

idk, for me AMR's aren't an option just for how long it takes to buy them or get any service from them
Idk would have to do a direct comparison. But I am confident the AMR are much more hand made and better valving then the feals. Yeah thats always been his problem.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:26 AM   #334
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
A friend of mine has Feals on his Subaru WRX Wagon. I am unimpressed by them. Especially since he should be much faster than he is. 1 way in the front, 2 way in the rear, Kaaz gearset, GDB STi engine. I've seen what both good and awesome suspension can do for a shitty driver and the Feals aint doing it for him.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:29 AM   #335
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copafeel87 View Post
Find me a set so I can get them re-valved
I'll keep an eye out for an used set unless you want to buy them new, and at that point you might as well just buy something from ANZE.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:27 AM   #336
Copafeel87

Is anyone selling stock front LCA's with PCI spherical bushings installed?
Old 10-26-2017, 01:44 PM   #337
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
A friend of mine has Feals on his Subaru WRX Wagon. I am unimpressed by them. Especially since he should be much faster than he is. 1 way in the front, 2 way in the rear, Kaaz gearset, GDB STi engine. I've seen what both good and awesome suspension can do for a shitty driver and the Feals aint doing it for him.
have you driven the car or just going off his performance?

I also gotta call bs on the bolded line. a shitty driver is a shitty driver, good shocks aren't gonna make a shitty driver a good one.

Last edited by warmmilk; 10-26-2017 at 02:47 PM..
Old 10-26-2017, 11:14 PM   #338
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

He's tries to get me to drive that car every time I've been out, but I refuse to drive a Subaru. I aint buying someone a new engine just because Subarus can't handle being taken to their stock rev limiter. Although I have ridden in the car numerous times and they ride like every other over dampened budget coilover.

My friend went from being a middle of the pack driver to being on the podium every time just by changing the KW v1s on his NA8C Miata to Xida ASTs. Granted, this dude aint a shitty driver by any means, but he was beating dudes with clutch pack LSDs and custom valved Ohlins (to be fair, custom JDM valving) in an extremely competitive class with just a stock torsen LSD and Xidas.

Another friend can't drive for shit, but he's not a driver either. He just likes having cool cars. He put Ohlins Flag Rs (double adjustable with reservoirs) on his Stagea 260RS and went from being absolutely terrifying to ride with to someone who could pass for knowing what he was doing just by changing his shitty Zeals to double adjustable Ohlins.

Might have different results on a road course track day cause power definitely does more for you there than having $3000+ shocks, but power can't do much for you where we drive, so having a car that is way more compliant and grips more shows much better results on the stop watch. Hence why everyone here pretty much has a clutch pack LSD.

Last edited by Koopa Troopa; 10-26-2017 at 11:21 PM..
Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #339
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
He's tries to get me to drive that car every time I've been out, but I refuse to drive a Subaru. I aint buying someone a new engine just because Subarus can't handle being taken to their stock rev limiter. Although I have ridden in the car numerous times and they ride like every other over dampened budget coilover.

My friend went from being a middle of the pack driver to being on the podium every time just by changing the KW v1s on his NA8C Miata to Xida ASTs. Granted, this dude aint a shitty driver by any means, but he was beating dudes with clutch pack LSDs and custom valved Ohlins (to be fair, custom JDM valving) in an extremely competitive class with just a stock torsen LSD and Xidas.

Another friend can't drive for shit, but he's not a driver either. He just likes having cool cars. He put Ohlins Flag Rs (double adjustable with reservoirs) on his Stagea 260RS and went from being absolutely terrifying to ride with to someone who could pass for knowing what he was doing just by changing his shitty Zeals to double adjustable Ohlins.

Might have different results on a road course track day cause power definitely does more for you there than having $3000+ shocks, but power can't do much for you where we drive, so having a car that is way more compliant and grips more shows much better results on the stop watch. Hence why everyone here pretty much has a clutch pack LSD.
maybe the scary driver just improved a bit? since he got some more driving time under his belt...?

anyway, I'm definitely not saying Feals are competition for Ohlins or similar, just said they're pretty good for the money, definitely on the high end of budget coilovers. If I bought a car with them, changing them wouldn't be a priority, especially if there are some reliability issues to work out
Old 10-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #340
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Quote:
Is anyone selling stock front LCA's with PCI spherical bushings installed?
I have type r arms with PCI installed for sale
Old 10-29-2017, 12:24 PM   #341
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Quote:
maybe the scary driver just improved a bit? since he got some more driving time under his belt...?

anyway, I'm definitely not saying Feals are competition for Ohlins or similar, just said they're pretty good for the money, definitely on the high end of budget coilovers. If I bought a car with them, changing them wouldn't be a priority, especially if there are some reliability issues to work out
Only improvement he made to his driving was making an attempt at keeping both hands on the wheel. Road course, you're not going to see much of an improvement because power goes a lot further. On a track where you can't use your power? You see more time being made up in other places. Stop watch doesn't lie.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:17 PM   #342
warmmilk
Fat Free

I can see times dropping, but going from scary to ride with to not scary to ride with is a bit generous for dampers. unless we're talking very soft stock suspension or complete crap $400 coilovers. but decent coilovers (something like Feals) to excellent coilovers (Ohlins) isn't gonna change a driver from scary to somewhat competent
Old 10-31-2017, 08:10 PM   #343
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Zeals and decent don't belong in the same sentence. From my experience with that Subaru, I wouldn't put Feals in that category either. Then again, I am a bit biased. The Feals felt a lot like off the shelf JDM brand suspension, and I hate off the shelf JDM brand suspension. It's always way over dampened. Besides, those Ohlins Flag Rs made my DFVs feel like bargain bin coilovers. Those things are amazing. Just one of those things where you'd have to see it to believe it.

Anywho, I don't think we'll get anywhere here, so I'll just wrap it up. Someone asked for input on Feals, and my input on Feals is that if they came with a car then I wouldn't be in a rush to change them, but I certainly wouldn't spend my money on them.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #344
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

I posted the following ready to ship kind of guessed on some prices if you all have any interest in anything.

DC5 R knuckles/rotors/sway bar/brembo calipers/NEW Stoptech BBK/DRiver side PCI adjustable sliding seat rail

I will also sell the AMR Shocks with Todds Caster plates for 1400.00 if anyone wants firs Dibs. 14k/20k springs, front shocks were rebuilt 2 years ago.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:47 AM   #345
Copafeel87

Quote:
I posted the following ready to ship kind of guessed on some prices if you all have any interest in anything.

DC5 R knuckles/rotors/sway bar/brembo calipers/NEW Stoptech BBK/DRiver side PCI adjustable sliding seat rail

I will also sell the AMR Shocks with Todds Caster plates for 1400.00 if anyone wants firs Dibs. 14k/20k springs, front shocks were rebuilt 2 years ago.
I just bought new AMR coils last week
Old 11-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #346
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Quote:
Damn! I know you asked about them few weeks ago.

Well, anything I post is OBO. I have so much shit to sell I just need stuff to start moving
Old 11-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #347
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
cancel the order, he prolly hasn't even started on them yet
Old 11-08-2017, 03:00 PM   #348
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Quote:
cancel the order, he prolly hasn't even started on them yet
Yeah do this. Haha

Plus you get todds caster plates with mine
Old 11-08-2017, 03:20 PM   #349
Copafeel87

Too late

Old 11-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #350
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Quote:
Too late

purrrrrrty