Track *Chat* Part III - Page 15 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #351
warmmilk
Fat Free

warmmilk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
buddy of mine bought a K20 EG

I'm a little jealous... hope he's down to let me do a session in it on track. not used to no abs though

warmmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2017, 05:25 AM   #352
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
I'm jelly too. I would absolutely love to have another EG, but they're well over $10k here, and I'd be too paranoid of it getting stolen to want one in the States.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #353
warmmilk
Fat Free

yeah, thieves suck monkey balls!

so anyway, the hatch needs a new clutch, what do y'all recommend? (personal experience only please)

Old 11-30-2017, 07:25 PM   #354
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
I'm using the ATS carbon single with the 1600kg pressure plate. Damn thing is a beast. It's been in my car maybe 3 years now. My friend has the twin plate version in his R32 Skyline GTR. Clutch is around 4 years old and still going strong. We drive the shit out of that GTR too.

Personally, I'd just go cheap and use an Exedy stage 1 with a Fidanza flywheel. If the engine is stockish then just use an Exedy OEM replacement clutch. I've always liked those. Had one in my VTEC Killer EG6. Beat the piss out of the car and a year later the clutch still looked brand new.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #355
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

So I'll never drive the Integra in an event ever again. My wife finally came to the realization that moving to the States would be much easier if I went by myself first and got settled before the rest of the family gets there. Prolly gonna put both cars up for sale and strip whatever doesn't sell first. If the DC5 sells, then I'll strip the EK9 and get an EG hatch. If the EK9 sells then I'll be looking for a 7th gen Civic DX sedan.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #356
Copafeel87

Copafeel87 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by koopa troopa View Post
so i'll never drive the integra in an event ever again. my wife finally came to the realization that moving to the states would be much easier if i went by myself first and got settled before the rest of the family gets there. Prolly gonna put both cars up for sale and strip whatever doesn't sell first. If the dc5 sells, then i'll strip the ek9 and get an eg hatch. If the ek9 sells then i'll be looking for a 7th gen civic dx sedan.
rip
Old 12-07-2017, 05:18 PM   #357
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Yeah. I've been trying to talk her out of moving as I really just don't want to live in the current climate of the U.S. right now, but aint no talking sense into her.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:54 PM   #358
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
yeah, thieves suck monkey balls!

so anyway, the hatch needs a new clutch, what do y'all recommend? (personal experience only please)
Action clutch is actually solid as fuck. Hand Made in USA, half the price as high end stuff. I have like 20 track weekends on mine probably and it still feels like new.
Instagram:JordanBryantDc5
Jordan Dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #359
Copafeel87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Dc5 View Post
Action clutch is actually solid as fuck. Hand Made in USA, half the price as high end stuff. I have like 20 track weekends on mine probably and it still feels like new.
How is driveability with it? I really like the fact that the clutch springs are fully enclosed.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #360
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
I'm using the ATS carbon single with the 1600kg pressure plate. Damn thing is a beast. It's been in my car maybe 3 years now. My friend has the twin plate version in his R32 Skyline GTR. Clutch is around 4 years old and still going strong. We drive the shit out of that GTR too.

Personally, I'd just go cheap and use an Exedy stage 1 with a Fidanza flywheel. If the engine is stockish then just use an Exedy OEM replacement clutch. I've always liked those. Had one in my VTEC Killer EG6. Beat the piss out of the car and a year later the clutch still looked brand new.
anything carbon is too much $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Dc5 View Post
checked out the pricing on this, also too much $$$

prolly gonna go with something like a stage 1 or 2 Competition Clutch
Old 12-08-2017, 10:29 PM   #361
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Quote:
Agreed there. It's an awesome clutch, but I probably wouldn't spend my money on it. Clutch came with the car. I would have just bought an Exedy Stage 1.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:04 AM   #362
Copafeel87

Quote:

checked out the pricing on this, also too much $$$

prolly gonna go with something like a stage 1 or 2 Competition Clutch
Competition Clutch is junk. One of my clutch disk springs popped out of the hub and I couldn't go into gear at times. Had to replace the clutch after 10k miles.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:41 PM   #363
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copafeel87 View Post
Competition Clutch is junk. One of my clutch disk springs popped out of the hub and I couldn't go into gear at times. Had to replace the clutch after 10k miles.
thanks for the heads up
Old 12-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #364
ShinsenTuner
OEM+

ShinsenTuner is an unknown quantity on c-rsx

Just getting into it this past season. Picture above is at Thompson in Connecticut (HI plates for the lolz). Over Winter I plan to pick up some maintenance items to keep going.

Has anyone ever ran into issues with oil temperature on a stock K20A2? I don't have a gauge or any method of monitoring it right now but wasn't sure if it should be a concern.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:17 PM   #365
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

I'd be more worried about oil pressure than oil temps if you don't have an oil pan that blocks off the timing chain cover.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:35 AM   #366
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Went to the garage to clean up the EK9 cause I'm trying to sell it. Sometime between now and the last time my friend was there a week ago, the windshield decided to crack across the entire length of the glass in like 6 different spots. I'm guessing the chassis finally let go. Oh wells, one less car I have to try to sell.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:51 AM   #367
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Bringing this back from the dead.

Well, I finally convinced my wife that staying here longer is a better idea, so I think I'll get my car back into shape. Would really like to sell it and get a 4 door '98 spec ITR, but it's been listed for sale for $5k since December and I haven't got a single offer on it.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:52 PM   #368
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Bringing this back from the dead.

Well, I finally convinced my wife that staying here longer is a better idea, so I think I'll get my car back into shape. Would really like to sell it and get a 4 door '98 spec ITR, but it's been listed for sale for $5k since December and I haven't got a single offer on it.
what happened to the DC2 is a pos wet noodle chassis? and the DC5 is vastly superior?
Old 02-05-2018, 09:12 PM   #369
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Want 4 doors and B series simplicity and low cost of maintenance. Also, slightly cheaper and easier to own in Japan. My condenser fan motor just took a shit. ~$500 for both motors from Honda, and now I gotta spend an annoying afternoon taking the front end apart just to replace them. Aint always about which car is better performance wise, but which car is easier to live with.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:27 PM   #370
warmmilk
Fat Free

how is a B series any cheaper than K in terms of maintenance? isn't it pretty much the same? but timing belt every 60k or so with the B?

is 5k typical for a DC2R? in japan?
Old 02-05-2018, 09:59 PM   #371
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Nah, they go for around $10k or more at the dealers. EF, EG6/9, DC2R are going for $8k-$15k, EK9 and DC5 are $10k-$20k, DB8 ITR is around $8k-$10k. Few people like Hondas in Okinawa and 90% of buyers here are cheap asses who tried to low ball me on an ITB'd, high comp, street ported 3 rotor I was trying to sell for $4k. Couldn't sell my EK9 as a parts car for $3k. Problem with the K here is that they only sold the true VTEC motors with a Type R badge, so Type R mark up is going strong. Used trans? Anywhere from $1500-$2000. Used motor? $2k-$3k.Granted used B series stuff is getting up there in price these days too, but I find myself having broken a lot less B series stuff.

Last edited by Koopa Troopa; 02-05-2018 at 10:09 PM..
Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:07 PM   #372
warmmilk
Fat Free

I thought you meant regular maintenance... not replacing tranny's
Old 02-05-2018, 10:11 PM   #373
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Yeah, I actually got a smoking deal on this replacement auction tranny. $1300 and came with straight cut gears in 3rd-6th and an ATS metal plate LSD. Shitty part is that I've taken this trans off so many times that it only takes me an hour to do it now.

Last edited by Koopa Troopa; 02-05-2018 at 10:17 PM..
Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:17 PM   #374
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

But when I mean maintenance, I'm not talking about just engine stuff. Plain brake rotors are $230 per axle on this car, Brembo calipers, so pads are marked up, 17" tires vs 15" tires, etc.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:00 PM   #375
warmmilk
Fat Free

ah, so whole car... I thought you meant just the engine...

about rotors, I thought the DC5R brake rotors were the same as standard S2000 brake rotors?