Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Will this work? Seriously!!!

Tags
work
499 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Alpha Zero 
#1 ·
Say you have a CAI, is it possible to run the NOS feed line and wrap it around the upper portion of the CAI, to chill the incoming air? Seems possible since refrigerator's work basically in the same concept. Would it decrease the effect of N2O or would it give a minimal gain? Just putting stuff out there!

#7 ·
wdsonny said:
Thanks for the response but I was looking to using copper tubing around the CAI then go back to braided into the injectors... Just thinking out loud.. anything to lower the air intake temp....
I think you could get a purge and route it into your bumper cavity where the CAI is, then just purge and freeze the air in the bumper area (you're gonna do it anyways before spraying to clear all the air out of the system). Just something I've been toying with doing.:spin:

G
#8 ·
Alpha Zero said:
As soon as nitrous comes out of the bottle, it is cold. Inside the bottle? Never been in there, so I couldn't tell you if it were cold in it's liquid form or not. I'm guessing yes still though.
Thinka about it this way:

Do you have a bottle warmer or a bottle chiller? :)

The bottle warmer's job is to raise the pressure. When the nitrous leaves the nozzle it, the pressure difference allows the nitrous to instantly boil. This takes a huge amount of energy (latent heat of vaporization for the technical folks) which is what cools the intake charge.

AZ has the right idea but I'm not sure its going to make noticable difference, but i can't hurt?! I dont have my RSX yet but from what I've read it seems like intake manifold heat is a major source of power reduction so maybe that a better place to aim your purge?

--
Cheese

#9 ·
Should be safe, as long as you give a little throttle while purging into the intake. Wouldn't want to run lean from it you know. Easy to do too, if you are just idling. Remember also, that when you purge, it's a lot more than just whatever shot you have. There is no jets to regulate the amount of nitrous when you purge.

#10 ·
macncheese said:
Thinka about it this way:

Do you have a bottle warmer or a bottle chiller? :)

The bottle warmer's job is to raise the pressure. When the nitrous leaves the nozzle it, the pressure difference allows the nitrous to instantly boil. This takes a huge amount of energy (latent heat of vaporization for the technical folks) which is what cools the intake charge.

AZ has the right idea but I'm not sure its going to make noticable difference, but i can't hurt?! I dont have my RSX yet but from what I've read it seems like intake manifold heat is a major source of power reduction so maybe that a better place to aim your purge?

--
Cheese
The nitrous lines are pretty think, and aren't cold to the touch. You can feel the lines, and they don't get that cold.
Purging onto the intake manifold may seem like a good idea at first, but think about it this way. You have a cup of hot water. Drop in some ice cubes. What happens? The cup will crack. The rapid temperature change will make the cup crack. Same thing would happen to your intake manifold. Been there, done that... Wasn't really thinking about it too much until after the damn manifold cracked. :shakehea:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.