K20Z1/K24A1 Basemap - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-14-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
Link.
VBP 05 DC5.

Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
K20Z1/K24A1 Basemap

Hey everyone,

I just put together a K20Z1 Head/K24A1 block with RBC intake manifold and swapped it into my RSX. Does anybody have a Basemap that they would recommend starting with for my build just to get the engine started? The plans are ultimately turboing it, but I want to get it running and driving in the mean time while I break in the new clutch.

I was thinking using a TSX base map (as it would be relatively similar) or potentially the K20Z1 map. If anyone has any ideas or any basemaps they would like to share, please let me know.

Also, Ive searched K20a.org and the hondata forums to no avail. It seems as though people usually use the K24A2 bottom end.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link. View Post
Hey everyone,

I just put together a K20Z1 Head/K24A1 block with RBC intake manifold and swapped it into my RSX. Does anybody have a Basemap that they would recommend starting with for my build just to get the engine started? The plans are ultimately turboing it, but I want to get it running and driving in the mean time while I break in the new clutch.

I was thinking using a TSX base map (as it would be relatively similar) or potentially the K20Z1 map. If anyone has any ideas or any basemaps they would like to share, please let me know.

Also, Ive searched K20a.org and the hondata forums to no avail. It seems as though people usually use the K24A2 bottom end.

Recommend you contact a tuner and have them build an initial basemap based on your modifications. If that isn't an option, then try each basemap you mentioned and load it to see if the car runs... Also, do a data log to insure nothing is off with the base map selected (I.e., engine knock, running lean/rich, etc.).
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:34 PM   #3
Link.
VBP 05 DC5.

Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Link. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Quote:
Hey everyone,

Recommend you contact a tuner and have them build an initial basemap based on your modifications. If that isn't an option, then try each basemap you mentioned and load it to see if the car runs... Also, do a data log to insure nothing is off with the base map selected (I.e., engine knock, running lean/rich, etc.).
Awesome! Thanks for the help. I live away from tuners, so I'd prefer not to unless I have to, but I'll call around and see if they can build me a base map.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Quote:
Hey everyone,

Awesome! Thanks for the help. I live away from tuners, so I'd prefer not to unless I have to, but I'll call around and see if they can build me a base map.
That's the best way... I tried base maps in kpro and none worked out for me. I ended up contacting a tuner who I was eventually going to do business with. Sent my mods and had a basemap with instructions to keep it safe until I was ready to start street tuning.
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:42 PM   #5
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

remyrounds is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I started with the stock TSX just to start the car. It ran ok until I street tuned it. Let me know if you want the file. If you know how to datalog you can send me a log and we will see how far off it is and adjust.

I would send you a KAL of my tune but in Colorado, it really changes the AF.

Last edited by remyrounds; 09-14-2018 at 05:00 PM..
remyrounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #6
Link.
VBP 05 DC5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remyrounds View Post
I started with the stock TSX just to start the car. It ran ok until I street tuned it. Let me know if you want the file. If you know how to datalog you can send me a log and we will see how far off it is and adjust.

I would send you a KAL of my tune but in Colorado, it really changes the AF.
Sounds good man. I'll give it a shot. I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada. I'm assuming that based on the differing elevations, your KAL could definitely mess things up. Appreciate the help either way.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #7
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

remyrounds is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Sounds good man. I'll give it a shot. I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada. I'm assuming that based on the differing elevations, your KAL could definitely mess things up. Appreciate the help either way.
I will also dial back the cams to 25 degree, it will make it safer.

PM your email and I will send it over later.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:51 PM   #8
Link.
VBP 05 DC5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remyrounds View Post
I will also dial back the cams to 25 degree, it will make it safer.

PM your email and I will send it over later.
PM'd. Thanks!!
Old 09-14-2018, 10:42 PM   #9
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Another option you have is an e-tune.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote