What gas is best for RSX BASE 2006 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > New Member Introduction RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #1
arivasrsx

arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What gas is best for RSX BASE 2006

I have a RSX Base, 2006. In the owners manual it says regular gas in recommended for the car. When I put Plus gas I feel the pedal being more responsive to foot. When I use regular the cars acceleration is pretty slow and I have to step on it pretty far for the car to go faster unlike Plus gas. Does plus gas go better with the RSX or am I just tripping??
arivasrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx

This topic has been discussed multiple times in this forum. You're just tripping. It might increase throttle response (I'm doubtful) but the car will be slower overall. Higher octane is just a higher resistance to pre-ignition. Not necessary unless you're increasing compression or running a tune with advanced ignition.

https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthrea...=678729&page=2

Last edited by mfarmakas17; 10-10-2018 at 11:26 AM..
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:25 AM   #3
arivasrsx

arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arivasrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post

You're just tripping tripping. It might increase throttle response (I'm doubtful) but the car will be slower overall. Higher octane is just a higher resistance to pre-ignition. Not necessary unless you're increasing compression or running a tune with advanced ignition.

I thought I was just tripping bro, but thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Mfarmakas17 is correct. Don't waste your $$$ on high octane fuel with your current engine build.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #5
arivasrsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Sandbag View Post
Mfarmakas17 is correct. Don't waste your $$$ on high octane fuel with your current engine build.

Got it, Thanks bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk