RPF1 17x9 why +35 and not +22 - Page 5 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Wheels & Tires
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #101
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko16 View Post
It can be contradicting as well because one tire may work, and another may not. A manufacturer can be 10mm off on the same size as well.
Interesting, this topic actually came up in a Smoking Tire car review. @7:35:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2018, 03:51 AM   #102
dopeyrsx

dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I had Eibach Pro-Kit springs on ITR struts with 17x9 +35 and 245 Michelin tires all around. No spacers. So the Prokit drops the car about 1.25inches so it's not extremely lowered. I had the rear fender rolled with rear camber kit. I didnt have any rubbing issues but then again I didnt track the car nor really pushed the car to it's limits. With coilovers it might be a different story in terms of fitment, people were saying +22 for clearance of the front strut assembly. I had +22 with 235 and it rubbed on the fender liner up front, probably could get away with a narrower tire with the rubbing. I feel it's going to be trial and error for the most part. Definitely need to tailored to your needs and alignment set up.
dopeyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:07 AM   #103
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I think the Mugen drop is 1.4". What part of the tire was rubbing with +22/235? Outside edge? And did the rear +35/245 need the camber kit to avoid poke, or just to clear the trailing arm? Trailing arm is why I'm thinking 5mm spacer for stock alignment, but now I'm wondering if the wheel would poke. I'm looking around, and it sounds like a 235 is the better performance-oriented size anyway, as far as that little bit of stretch helping sidewall stability.

I do have a shop in town that builds cars for Pikes Peak and all sorts of other racing, and they offer performance street alignments. With DD mileage, I'm just trying to avoid doing anything, to keep tire life in tact. The 9" wheels would be bought specifically for canyon runs, but the stock 17s will still be on the car most of the time with whatever alignment settings I end up with.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-03-2018 at 09:23 AM..
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2018, 12:15 PM   #104
dopeyrsx

dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yeah outside edge. The +35 will clear the trailing arm, you dont need a spacer with a little camber not sure about 0 camber. I ran about 1.5 of camber in the rear. 5mm isn't bad, won't poke too much to me that's subjective though, so you're be running +30, people run +22 which is more of a poke. Ideally you want more of the 245 tire, but 235 is not bad.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:56 AM   #105
SilverS-STL

SilverS-STL is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Iím running 17x9 +35 (Advan RZ) 245/40 with Mugen SS. I rolled the rear fenders but I have never rubbed and I run very little camber. I donít track it or drive aggressive so I donít know if they would rub or not. Itís not as low as most people like but I think it is the perfect setup. Hereís a link to my showoff that has pictures of the setup from different angles for reference.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=825678

Showoff Thread...
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...1#post39577353
SilverS-STL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:48 PM   #106
CyborgGT
Master Member

Awesome, thanks!
Old 04-04-2018, 04:02 PM   #107
Sakebomb

Sakebomb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sakebomb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sakebomb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sakebomb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sakebomb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sakebomb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sakebomb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sakebomb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just installed my 17x9+35 RPF1s with 245/40/17 tires. There's about a half finger gap from the rear wheel to the rear trailing arm. Is that enough clearance or should i add a 3-5mm spacer?

I still also need to get an alignment.
Sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #108
SilverS-STL

SilverS-STL is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakebomb View Post
Just installed my 17x9+35 RPF1s with 245/40/17 tires. There's about a half finger gap from the rear wheel to the rear trailing arm. Is that enough clearance or should i add a 3-5mm spacer?

I still also need to get an alignment.
You'll be fine. I probably have 5mm if that between my wheel / trailing arm and I haven't had any issues.

Showoff Thread...
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...1#post39577353
SilverS-STL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #109
dopeyrsx

^What he said, dont need spacers.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:48 PM   #110
Devons03DC5

Devons03DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Devons03DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Devons03DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Devons03DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Devons03DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Devons03DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Devons03DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Devons03DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Devons03DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
do you guys know if the +35 will fit with the TL-S brembo mod? have brembos sitting around that need retrofitting and i wanna get some rpf1s by the end of summer hopefully
Devons03DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:15 PM   #111
marko16

marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
This is timely, they will not and you need about a 15mm spacer to do so putting your tires out there. Since I have 255 it's just not even close, maybe a stretched 225, maybe a 235. You'd have to roll for sure and might rub a bit.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:34 PM   #112
black dc5
Master Member

black dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
My Brembo not isn't like the rest so it doesn't stick out as much as others, but it didn't work with a 17x9 et45 RPF1 (wheel was going onto an IS300.

Oddly, the 17x8 et45 fit just fine.

black dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote