Track *Chat* Part III - Page 21 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-12-2018, 02:14 PM   #501
TheRickster

TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5_KR View Post
Are you using RCA or anything else like shortened tie rods?

I think my car is already an 1" to 1.5" lower than stock which might already be bordering on too low from what I'm reading. But a lot of that information is 10 years old now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2018, 12:06 AM   #502
DC5_KR
El Barto

DC5_KR is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRickster View Post
Are you using RCA or anything else like shortened tie rods?

I think my car is already an 1" to 1.5" lower than stock which might already be bordering on too low from what I'm reading. But a lot of that information is 10 years old now!
I have both.

💵Honda Tuning Cover Dec 2013 💵
DC5_KR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:46 AM   #503
TheRickster

TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
I have both.
Ok, I'm considering not even lowering the car anymore since I don't have either of those yet. Thoughts?

Hope you don't mind me asking so much. If we ever cross paths I owe you a beer for sure.

Old 10-13-2018, 11:42 PM   #504
DC5_KR
El Barto

DC5_KR is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRickster View Post
Ok, I'm considering not even lowering the car anymore since I don't have either of those yet. Thoughts?

Hope you don't mind me asking so much. If we ever cross paths I owe you a beer for sure.
If you’re on Instagram follow me at _Ego_Death you can get a faster response to your questions.

💵Honda Tuning Cover Dec 2013 💵
DC5_KR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:09 AM   #505
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnapzitzmeng View Post
just sold my rsx this past weekend for a house. Down the line I want to get back into a track car but considering 3 options, maybe 4 if my pockets are deep enough. DC2 teggy with hopefully a k20 swap, another DC5, or a s2k, and the MAYBE Civic type R. Whats your pick and why. Although my heart kinda wants to stick with a dc5
EK with a K swap if it's a track car. EK unibody is much better designed than the EG/DC, and it handles better due to having a longer wheel base. Also less weight. American Integras are heavy.
Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #506
TheRickster

Quote:
If you’re on Instagram follow me at _Ego_Death you can get a faster response to your questions.
Done!
Old 10-15-2018, 01:40 PM   #507
warmmilk
Fat Free

warmmilk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
EK with a K swap if it's a track car. EK unibody is much better designed than the EG/DC, and it handles better due to having a longer wheel base. Also less weight. American Integras are heavy.
whats so much better about the EK over the EG/DC? and once both stripped out, I don't think an integra is all that much heavier than an EK... maybe 100lb?

Pacific Raceways 1:41.07|The Ridge 2:01.48
In an NC Miata
warmmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:58 PM   #508
TheRickster

So I'm currently at 25.5" front and 26" rear. (Ground to fender) Looks like my tie rods are still a bit off.

I have the factory tie rod ends and no RCAs. If what I'm reading is correct stock height is 15" which puts my car at 13.5" front and 14" rear (subtracting 12" from ground to wheel center from the original numbers)

I was thinking about raising it .5" in the front to be within 1" drop from factory. Does all this math and thought check out with everyone or am I over thinking it?

Also if I measure the dimension on the coilover itself to say the .5" does that equal .5" in ride height? Or do I need to put the wheel back on and let the car settle, measure it from wheel to fender, then take it off again and readjust to get it right?