K20A2 replaced with K20A - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > REGIONAL RSX > Canada RSX > Canada East
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-08-2018, 11:15 AM   #1
crimewave26

crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
K20A2 replaced with K20A

Hay guys I have a 02 rsx type s and the engine seized and I need a new on I was looking at replacing it with a k20a because it I a lot less that a k20a2, will It work with the current ECU? they have the same cams do they not?
crimewave26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #2
Kevink121
#Inkpot

Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member
They do not have the same cams or ecu. I forget if you need a new harness or not. I wanna say you do. You would need kpro to run it and you'd need to double check about other senors.... which goes along with the harness.

All that and the K20a engines are like a grand more than a stock for stock replacement.

Not to be a dick but if googling this was too much effort, I doubt the rest of the process is going to pan out all that well.

Honestly, there's no reason to spring for a K20a. The scene points arent even worth it. Maybe if you were going to full on JDM type-R clone and you were a stickler for detail...

Swap the cams if you want that tiny tiny hp boost. But even then... I wouldnt bother.

***Just reread your post. The JDM engine you found that's cheaper is likely the shitty one. Type-R engines are like 4k. The shitty EP3(not sure) one with the black plastic intake manifold is not desirable.

Last edited by Kevink121; 11-08-2018 at 11:44 AM..
Kevink121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
crimewave26

crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx crimewave26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevink121 View Post
They do not have the same cams or ecu. I forget if you need a new harness or not. I wanna say you do. You would need kpro to run it and you'd need to double check about other senors.... which goes along with the harness.

All that and the K20a engines are like a grand more than a stock for stock replacement.

Not to be a dick but if googling this was too much effort, I doubt the rest of the process is going to pan out all that well.

Honestly, there's no reason to spring for a K20a. The scene points arent even worth it. Maybe if you were going to full on JDM type-R clone and you were a stickler for detail...

Swap the cams if you want that tiny tiny hp boost. But even then... I wouldnt bother.

***Just reread your post. The JDM engine you found that's cheaper is likely the shitty one. Type-R engines are like 4k. The shitty EP3(not sure) one with the black plastic intake manifold is not desirable.
Not being a dick at all, I realize that sounded nube, the k20a I found has the RBC intake (aluminum) and its a lot cheeper most likely front the euro r accord, and I read some threads where guys swapped them with no issues I just wanted to start my own to get some feedback, the vtec solenoids may have to be changed too I think, I don't care about full JDM I just want to drive me car again cause I need it, 2600 for a k20a2 with 130,000km over a k20a with 45-55 miles for 650

and mechanically I am good, my b series was fantastic and I am pumping out short blocks like crazy here at Hyundai and still hitting 120 hours a pay
Old 11-08-2018, 12:58 PM   #4
Kevink121
#Inkpot

Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member Kevink121 is a glorious c-rsx member
Jeeze, you should PM me the link to that engine.

I have absolutely no desire(or funding) to buy it but thats crazy if it's the right one for that price.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #5
Rhas97

Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
im not too sure but I think you can run a stock type r ecu with no issue other than immobilizer. correct me if im wrong.
Rhas97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:20 AM   #6
crimewave26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhas97 View Post
im not too sure but I think you can run a stock type r ecu with no issue other than immobilizer. correct me if im wrong.
Its a type S ecu, I think Canada had different options for rsx than amerian ones, and if I put in a type r ECU I think I need to bypass immpbilizer and ground the gren and yellow wire at the passenger kick panel for the fuel pump