DIY Guide: How to Reset your SRS Light. (Visual Guide) - Page 17 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:39 AM   #401
firemang
Orange Member

firemang is a name not to mess with
firemang is a name not to mess with firemang is a name not to mess with
hmmmmn i'll give this a shot.. i took my seats out a few months back to race my car at the drag strip. put em back on, wired it up, and it still left the srs on.
firemang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #402
sicktightclick

sicktightclick is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
omg this worked for me ! i just finished doing it. it took me about 5 tries and 20 minutes lol but it worked. NICE WRITEUP
sicktightclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #403
sup3rman27

sup3rman27 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
So last night I noticed my srs light on, this morning I checked the location of the yellow wire and it was dangling! It was not connected at all. I think the guy who installed my alarm probably forgot to put it on last week. BUT if it wasn't connected, wouldn't the srs light come on right away??
sup3rman27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2008, 10:55 PM   #404
Muki
From B to K

Muki is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
This worked for me today. Great job!

FS: Spoon Front Strut Bar NBP Low wingPioneer AVH-P570006 S Full Exhaust skunk2 Shift Knob
Muki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:33 PM   #405
cwdc5
Master Member

cwdc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
worked for me as well. oh yeah!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #406
Brutus509

Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
F'ing A, Man. Just did the DIY SRS light thing. The same basic instructions were on another site, and I tried it, but gave up. Then I found this site's DIY, and it seemed explained better. I think my paper clip was too big the first time--couldn't figure out where to put the ends. I went back out with a small clip and got the light to go off once. Then I tried a spliced wire config--same deal. Then back to the small clip--the key is to be quick in and out. Started the car--twice--and the light goes off. Now if it will just stay off until I get the thing inspected tomorrow--2001 Civic LX Sedan.

I'm B.S. about this MA law/rule put into effect Oct. 1. The inspector let me go today without a "red sticker." You'd think they would tell someone about this stupid change in the regs. I wonder if Honda had it put through the legislature in order to drive people into the dealerships for a quick $100 on the diag. and then much more after.

Complain to your state rep or senator if it happens to you in MA! I already have.
Brutus509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #407
strikeback03

strikeback03 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3rman27 View Post
So last night I noticed my srs light on, this morning I checked the location of the yellow wire and it was dangling! It was not connected at all. I think the guy who installed my alarm probably forgot to put it on last week. BUT if it wasn't connected, wouldn't the srs light come on right away??
Mine was the same way, so I looked in the spot in the fuse box and there are no pins in there to connect to. I'm guessing it is only for diagnostic/reset, but they made a spot for it so people wouldn't come in asking about the dangling plug.

If someone knows for sure, feel free to chime in.
strikeback03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:28 PM   #408
sicktightclick

sicktightclick is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
my yellow wire is always dangling lol. did the SRS reset and worked. Still dangling like my _____.
sicktightclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:22 AM   #409
KSMatic
Sidemarker Mechanic

KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
the guy who wrote the DIY is fuckin King of all God or some shit.

I wish i was him.

KSMatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #410
Brutus509

Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Brutus509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
King of God

Yes, the DIY writer is king of kings, for sure. I finally got my inspection sticker today. I got up without breakfast and drove right to the same inspection station so I could get it done in case the SRS light wanted to come back on. I was going to lie anyway and say that the dealership reset it for me. But I spoke too soon and the guy didn't remember what the problem was until I mentioned the SRS light. Stupid!

Anyway, the guy asked me when it was reset because the car needs to be driven so the system can rescramble or something. He said I might still get a reject if the system hasn't adjusted, or whatever. Now I'm really B.S. I told the guy that before he did anything, was there a chance he would have to keep my car if I failed. I mean, I've read horror stories on some forums--after all, if the light's on, you're illegal.

Then I went off--I mean OFF. I did my best Pacino-in-the-courtroom tirade. After a couple rounds of this I went over to the corner and stayed quiet. Two minutes later I was all set with a new sticker.

I went to my state rep's office, and the kid in the office finally found the pertinent regulation: Apparently somewhere in Title 49 of the Federal Code of Regulations, Parts 571 to 595, and the new rule went into effect Oct. 1, 2008. But I still haven't found the exact text.

This is why I don't vote for Democrats because they'll regulate and tax your ass right off your body. BUT, you vote for Republicans and they do the same shit!
Brutus509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #411
clean3two3
Master Member

clean3two3 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSMatic View Post
the guy who wrote the DIY is fuckin King of all God or some shit.

I wish i was him.

fuck man this shit pissed me off after so many attempts and its still on i guess i take too long to put in the paper clip
clean3two3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:34 AM   #412
KSMatic
Sidemarker Mechanic

KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean3two3 View Post

fuck man this shit pissed me off after so many attempts and its still on i guess i take too long to put in the paper clip
maybe you should bring your car to the person who wrote this DIY to have a lookie.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:47 AM   #413
clean3two3
Master Member

clean3two3 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSMatic View Post
maybe you should bring your car to the person who wrote this DIY to have a lookie.
thanks but no thanks i can live with it on. i see you do motor mount swaps i might be interested when i get mine
clean3two3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #414
calistro777

calistro777 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Thanks so much for this DIY. I have had the light on for a few months and with this i got it done in 30 min. You are the KING
calistro777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #415
808K20ts-killa

808K20ts-killa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 808K20ts-killa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 808K20ts-killa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 808K20ts-killa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 808K20ts-killa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 808K20ts-killa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 808K20ts-killa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 808K20ts-killa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Exclamation

would leaveing my window cracked open on a rainy day on the passenger side trip the light ?
808K20ts-killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #416
KSMatic
Sidemarker Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808K20ts-killa View Post
would leaveing my window cracked open on a rainy day on the passenger side trip the light ?
it could since the seatbelt sensor is on the side. Also, the passenger side airbag too

Old 01-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #417
VIP
F*CK YOU

VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though
can a snap on scanner reset a srs light for the rsx?

mine turned on again..

VIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:22 PM   #418
VIP
F*CK YOU

VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though VIP is cool, not as cool as some though
got the srs light off.

tips to you guys make sure you connect and reconnect the jumper within 4 secs.

still wonder if a snap on scanner can clear the srs light..

VIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #419
jinusean
The Last Spartan

jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member jinusean is a glorious c-rsx member
Thanks for this, I knew ClubRSX would come through for me.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #420
Lightning
Master Member

Lightning is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
ARGH i've done this about 30 times. When i take the clip out, then plug it back in when the srs light goes out. It goes back on, blinks twice, and stays on. According to the guide when i plug it back in, it should stay off for me to then take it out so it will blink twice then. Any ideas?

Last edited by Lightning; 01-23-2009 at 03:49 PM..
Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #421
beto619
black on black

beto619 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx beto619 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx beto619 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx beto619 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx beto619 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx beto619 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx beto619 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx beto619 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i did this back in december. worked the first time. you just need the help of someone to tell you when the light goes on and off so you know when to take the paper clip in and out... you have to be quick too
beto619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #422
blaze type s
#goldmember

blaze type s is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
great diy! worked for me!
blaze type s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #423
rich5150
n00b

rich5150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rich5150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rich5150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rich5150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rich5150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rich5150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rich5150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rich5150 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thank you for the TIP! Worked for me !
Old 02-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #424
E MAN
Master Member

E MAN is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx E MAN is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx E MAN is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx E MAN is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx E MAN is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx E MAN is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx E MAN is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx E MAN is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
worked for me but two months later boom back on=/
ABP Crew Member #57

E MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #425
Type Stephen
RSXOG - DC5'in since 2002

Type Stephen is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
You guys are my heroes I had tripped the light last summer screwing with my amp and the light came on. Took a few tries but I finally got it.
Comptech Catback | DC Sports 4-1 | 05 A-Spec Suspension | K2 4.3k HID | OEM Lip Kit | OEM TSX Dubs
Type Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote