DIY Guide: How to Reset your SRS Light. (Visual Guide) - Page 18 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #426
k20vteck20
Comptech powaaaaa!!!

k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx k20vteck20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
damn this shit actually worked thanks guys i was really getting annoyed by the srs light but now its gone after i did this diy thank you so much saved me lots of money from going to the dealer

Complete 2002 ABP Rsx Type-s part out
k20vteck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #427
AcuraITR222
Master Member

AcuraITR222 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
awsome diy just did it
________
Live sex

Last edited by AcuraITR222; 09-06-2011 at 06:24 PM..
AcuraITR222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #428
ChinoDC5
600cc go-kart wha

ChinoDC5 is a name not to mess with
ChinoDC5 is a name not to mess with ChinoDC5 is a name not to mess with ChinoDC5 is a name not to mess with ChinoDC5 is a name not to mess with ChinoDC5 is a name not to mess with ChinoDC5 is a name not to mess with
thxs

ChinoDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #429
chadmorelos123

chadmorelos123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chadmorelos123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chadmorelos123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chadmorelos123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chadmorelos123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chadmorelos123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chadmorelos123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chadmorelos123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What a pro XD....

hahaha....I envy you about cars...XD
Old 04-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #430
uNREAL

uNREAL is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
srs light has been on for like 5 months, i got tired of seeing it and did this DIY,

it worked like a charm, very smart person lol
thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #431
KSMatic
Sidemarker Mechanic

KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by uNREAL View Post
srs light has been on for like 5 months, i got tired of seeing it and did this DIY,

it worked like a charm, very smart person lol
thanks
glad everything worked.

KSMatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #432
igaryy
needs a fasttter car = \

igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though
WOW wdf my airbag poped out in my fken face

... jk worked on the first try.. thanks ts
igaryy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #433
d2sDC5

d2sDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i dont know if this has been discussed before but i recently had SRS light being on issues and tried resetting the DTC myself to no avail. i wanted to bring it to the dealer, but at 96,000miles on my odometer, i doubt they wouldve done it for free.

so i just put up with the light on for a year or so, until finally i saw this..

http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478199

i remember reading various members here on crsx stating the dealer tried to charge them for diagnostics, repair/replacements of OPDS units, etc..i brought my car to the dealer the other day and stated i was aware of the SRS Warranty extension and was taken care of right away...now, i dont know what some dealerships are thinking trying to charge for something that should be covered..

LONG STORY SHORT..

GO TO YOUR DEALERSHIP if you are having SRS ISSUES!! I did, and i paid absolutely nothing..free coffee and donuts while i waited too..

someone chime in and tell me why they arent getting covered by the stealerships?!?
d2sDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:23 PM   #434
xtreme17618
BOM DC5

xtreme17618 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Alright well I just had to do this and it worked like a charm, but I thought I would try and help out. What I did was just got a toggle switch I had laying around and put two pieces of wire on it. Whenever I needed to "pull the wire/paper clip out" I just flipped the switch. Worked like a charm for me. Hope this helps
-Thanks
xtreme17618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:37 PM   #435
dc5prime
i haz gold plated diapers

dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
dayum so i did a black interior swap, before i touched aannyy srs i took off the negative battery and waited 30 minutes(i know i didnt have to wait that long, but just being cautious). my srs and i see that you said if you removed seats it wont work, so will my srs stay on because of this.

btw, i have not tried to do the reset yet, but just wanted a heads up to see if its just going to stay on
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=641971
dc5prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #436
snowboardgeek1

snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I had no SRS light prior to just switching out my front leathers for another set from an 06. I tried this trick and I get two flashes then after 2-3 seconds, the SRS light comes back on.

Should I swap all the plugs from my 03 leathers onto the 06 leathers? Would that even help? They're the same exact plugs. I just don't know what else to do.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #437
Silver RSX-S
Master Member

Silver RSX-S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post
I had no SRS light prior to just switching out my front leathers for another set from an 06. I tried this trick and I get two flashes then after 2-3 seconds, the SRS light comes back on.

Should I swap all the plugs from my 03 leathers onto the 06 leathers? Would that even help? They're the same exact plugs. I just don't know what else to do.
you have to swap a sensor or something in the side airbags i believe. Do a search and you can probably find it, i don't remember more than that sorry >,<
Silver RSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #438
dc5prime
i haz gold plated diapers

dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post

yea you got to swap sensors and srs unit from the 03 into the 06's because they are wired differently
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=641971
dc5prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:42 AM   #439
snowboardgeek1

snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx snowboardgeek1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Wrong about the SRS unit. You have to swap out the OPSD and belt buckle attachment with wires, and then perform the DIY SRS trick.

Here's the writeup that I followed. This writeup should be a sticky in my opinion, or combined with this OP DIY writeup.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...ap+02+06+seats
Old 05-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #440
cokecola06dl

cokecola06dl is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
my car has never been in an accident, i have never changed my seats or steerwheel. My airbags have never deployed, but my srs light came on while i was driving a few days ago. I tried this and it worked great! Now there is no light.
But doesnt this avoid the problem that what if there is somthing wrong with your srs system? If there is somthing wrong with it, will the light came back on sometime?
cokecola06dl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #441
cokecola06dl

cokecola06dl is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokecola06dl View Post
my car has never been in an accident, i have never changed my seats or steerwheel. My airbags have never deployed, but my srs light came on while i was driving a few days ago. I tried this and it worked great! Now there is no light.
But doesnt this avoid the problem that what if there is somthing wrong with your srs system? If there is somthing wrong with it, will the light came back on sometime?
ok so when i wrote that post above is when i got my light to turn off. But as i predicted this doesnt slove the problem. My light came on today. What does this mean? Im going to reset it again..or at least try to.
cokecola06dl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #442
dmb
Srs Biz Inquiries Only

dmb is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I'm going to try this, I already have the module and seat, that stupid SRS light has been on for nearly 3 years and bothering the shit out of me
dmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #443
supwitu

supwitu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supwitu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supwitu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supwitu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supwitu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supwitu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supwitu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx supwitu is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
going to try it out...my srs light is getting to me.
supwitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #444
06rsxs06

06rsxs06 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
SWEET! thanks for the write up. No more SRS light!

My light problem started the day after I killed my battery.

Last edited by 06rsxs06; 06-07-2009 at 11:23 AM..
06rsxs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #445
BlackRSXTypeS
r s x . n a t 1 o n

BlackRSXTypeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Thanks KS

It works. It is very simple to do!
Old 06-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #446
dc5-5[0TT
Im a 909Noob

dc5-5[0TT is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
at first i was pissed cuz it wasnt working. lol. then i tried plugging the seat belt in... then i did the whole precess and it worked first try with the seatbelt in. AWESOME! lol
Old 06-13-2009, 02:29 AM   #447
jokichi

jokichi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jokichi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jokichi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jokichi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jokichi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jokichi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jokichi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jokichi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
hey, every body, i am knew to this web site and i have found some prety good info.
now... i, too, have the the same problem with my srs light. afew months ago i was in a fender bender and the sit belt got stuck. i tried resetting the light but it won't work. i wanted to removed the bulb from the back of the cluster ( the light is really getting in my nerves) but i realized that it does not have bulbs, it has led lights, and they are welded. do you guys think that if i unweld just that led light, would it affect the circuit as a whole (meaning the whole cluster)?. or will just the srs light be turned off?

money is kind of tight right now... and i don't want to spend much money.

any coments will be greatly apreciated!!!!!!!
jokichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #448
Hondas_Only
It's a Freakin Integra

Hondas_Only is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
holy crap! thanks for this old ass thread!!!
Hondas_Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #449
Napaguy3

Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thank You for this!!! that light was so annoying. Id have to say the hardest part was bending that damn paper clip to fit into the connector. Great write up
Napaguy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #450
Napaguy3

Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Napaguy3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokichi View Post
hey, every body, i am knew to this web site and i have found some prety good info.
now... i, too, have the the same problem with my srs light. afew months ago i was in a fender bender and the sit belt got stuck. i tried resetting the light but it won't work. i wanted to removed the bulb from the back of the cluster ( the light is really getting in my nerves) but i realized that it does not have bulbs, it has led lights, and they are welded. do you guys think that if i unweld just that led light, would it affect the circuit as a whole (meaning the whole cluster)?. or will just the srs light be turned off?

money is kind of tight right now... and i don't want to spend much money.

any coments will be greatly apreciated!!!!!!!
Dont disconnect it take it to someone that can read your code and find out whats wrong. If you unhook the light now it will never come on again when it might alert you of something that really is wrong with your car
Napaguy3 is offline   Reply With Quote