DIY Guide: How to Reset your SRS Light. (Visual Guide) - Page 20 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #476
White rice 05 DC5

White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ok im a noob but a smart one so with that said I put a obx full race header in and drove around a little and the srs light came on and this has never happened before. So I did the reset procidure and it worked fine thanks everyone... But the next day it came on again WTF??? The only thing I can conclude is that the open header and ESMM's make the car vibrate like crazy! Could this be funken with the srs system? I get by buddy club spec 2 this weekend, I will install, reset the light and see?.....
White rice 05 DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 01:21 AM   #477
KSMatic
Sidemarker Mechanic

KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
header install has nothing to do with your SRS, you can have a loose connection somewhere, like a ground that is causing it to short out. THere are two ground points, one on the passenger front side which is bolted on with like 6 ground point wires and another one thats right under the center console that uses a t-30 bolt attached.

KSMatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #478
White rice 05 DC5

White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx White rice 05 DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks 4 the info so quick.I will check them in the next few days, I doubt it is a loose ground and the idea that extreme vibration from a open header and ESMM's is silly but I have had the car over a year and I swear as soon as I rolled out that open header down the road it poped on as well as my CEL due to secondary O2 sensor obv... The only other thing would be if I disturbed anything behind the glovebox when I installed satelite radio around the same time??? Thanks for the help.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #479
KSMatic
Sidemarker Mechanic

KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KSMatic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
o2 sensor comes out is due to open header.. you need either a o2 sim or a defouler.. You have a loose ground or a messed up sensor for sure. If it comes back, you will need to have the dealer look at it.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #480
White rice 05 DC5

Yeah I just got the buddy club spec 2 on and will put a defouler in fo sho. As for the airbag I will check everything and reset and ccccccccc. Fuk the dealership unless last resort. Thanks man!!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #481
KSMatic
Sidemarker Mechanic

As stated, this is just a DIY guide to clear the code if your SRS module system hi-cups. If it keeps turning on, it means you have a faulty in your system and need to have the "professionals" to look at it.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #482
bsivoljr
Dafkup

bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks bro mine is reset
Old 04-15-2010, 05:02 AM   #483
ninesickzteen

ninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ninesickzteen is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
oohhh time to reset mine so i can register my car at CHP!
ninesickzteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #484
apbranson

apbranson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx apbranson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx apbranson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx apbranson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx apbranson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx apbranson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx apbranson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx apbranson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thumbs up You Rock!

Just wanted to say that you, KSMatic, are my hero!
apbranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #485
bsivoljr
Dafkup

bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bsivoljr is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsivoljr View Post
Thanks bro mine is reset
Damn Return of the SRS. I wonder whats tripping it or if it will stay off if I reset it again. I think My rear bumper fell off before it came back on though?...
Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 AM   #486
White rice 05 DC5

Well it took a while for me to button the car up. I got the exhaust on and reset the SRS light and it has remained off now for a week so I say fuk the dealer I think there are enough "pro's" on this site... Thanks K S Matic!!! I have concluded it was extreme vibration from open header?????
Old 05-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #487
rith
Rith

rith is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
it took me like 10 times to succeed thanks man now i still have this door light on so freakin weird..it just keep on lighting up untill i press the brake pedals but as soon as i release break pedal it would just come on again..any idea what this could be ? thanks again for the srs
Old 05-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #488
KillaICM
Mamimi

KillaICM is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Thanks for the write-up. I just had to do this again because I was messing with the fuse box. I used two long pieces of wire because for the life of me I could not find a paperclip and it worked just as well.

Zombie Eradication Team #69
KillaICM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #489
Nalin5000

Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Smile RE:how to rest your SRS light

I had this problem and I tried this and it worked.
just wanted to thank you for such a useful thread. you just save me lotta money
thanks Again
Nalin
Nalin5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #490
Nalin5000

Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Nalin5000 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I was able to reset the SRS light after following this method but it keeps coming back within hours or few days . anyone know why its happening..
Nalin5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #491
bsivoljr
Dafkup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin5000 View Post
I was able to reset the SRS light after following this method but it keeps coming back within hours or few days . anyone know why its happening..
Sometimes the SRS system is tripped of set off and then it's fixed so all it needs is a reset...For others there is actually a problem that a reset wont fix

lolz
Old 05-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #492
Atean

Atean is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atean is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atean is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atean is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atean is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atean is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atean is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atean is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Any idea on what to do if it only blinks once and then stays on?
Atean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #493
KSMatic
Sidemarker Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atean View Post
Any idea on what to do if it only blinks once and then stays on?
keep retrying, if not, take it to the dealer.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #494
stealthninjax2
Got Drift ?

stealthninjax2 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i guess it works for some people, and some it doesnt
Old 06-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #495

112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Great writeup. Unfortunately I can't even try it as the yellow plug is stuck in the fuse box, and upon trying to remove it cracked the plastic on it and it's hopelessly stuck. Could one just clip the two wires running into the clip and then hold them together to complete the circuit? Or is that a bad idea?
112358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #496
SlicKcEliGTS

SlicKcEliGTS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
wow didnt think id be able to do it! but its off! lol its def easier with two people
SlicKcEliGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:53 AM   #497
imbest123
Bańned

imbest123 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
did it today after 5 months. really easy. nice write up

Don't PM me. I don't give a fuck about who you are and no, I don't have nudes
imbest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #498
ablagaich
Andrew B

ablagaich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ablagaich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ablagaich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ablagaich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ablagaich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ablagaich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ablagaich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ablagaich is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
worked perfect !

thanks !
Blacked Out Tail Lights
ablagaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #499

112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 112358 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Success!

After going to the dealer, and being told it was $110 for a diagnostic, and then having them get quite rude with me when I mentioned the warranty extension, I was motivated to just try the DIY route again.

I managed to get the yellow plug out this time. Couldn't get the timing right with the paperclip. So I cut the paperclip in half, stuck the two unconnected ends into the clip, and used pliers to complete the circuit. That way I was able to see the light. I just reached down and closed the pliers to complete the circuit.

I was doing something wrong still, b/c it took 20 or so tries before it started beeping. Once it started beeping, I got to the two flashes, turned ignition off, turned back on, and the light was off. I was shocked. Still am.

Thanks again for the great write-up.
112358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #500
nyc rsx outlaw
gotta go!!!!

nyc rsx outlaw is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
just fixed mine also. thanks for the write up