RSX Type S vs TSX - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Auto Talk
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

View Poll Results: Whatchu Got? RSX-S v TSX
05' RSX-S 84 77.06%
07' TSX 25 22.94%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 12:29 AM   #26
jaykun
LOLWUT

jaykun Neg King jaykun Neg King jaykun Neg King jaykun Neg King jaykun Neg King jaykun Neg King jaykun Neg King jaykun Neg King
what are the differences between the TSX and TL? The search doesn't work for me (for some reason) so if you have a link to a thread, please share :]
jaykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2007, 07:34 AM   #27
duffman3366
Duffman OHH YEAAHH

duffman3366 is on a distinguished road duffman3366 is on a distinguished road
tl>tsx, leave it at that

NewYorkTuners.com
Click here To See My Mugen RSX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
duffman3366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:54 PM   #28
flacopower
I hate VVT4ME

flacopower is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX_831 View Post
I went from a RSX to the TSX... They both have pros and cons... While the TSX is more comfortable, it is def slower than the RSX...

BTW, your friend is an a*hole...
HOLY SHIT YOUR AVATAR IS AMAZING!! you should pm me some pics lol
flacopower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #29
WHO DAT

26.2 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I wouldn't take an '05 Type-S, I'd take an '06 Type-S.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #30
HyetotheSky-1
Banned

HyetotheSky-1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
I wouldn't take an '05 Type-S, I'd take an '06 Type-S.
why the tranny grinds on third sometimes on my 05....the dude im talkin about in the thread had an 06...his second gear got fucked waay faster then mine... 05>06
HyetotheSky-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #31
snippyz

snippyz is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
The tsx is very nice but I would only get it if I didn't plan on modding it at all....but I chose the rsx because theres alot of stuff I want to do to it.
snippyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:40 PM   #32
Game
--------------------

Game might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Game might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Game might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Game might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Game might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Game might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by j@y View Post
what are the differences between the TSX and TL? The search doesn't work for me (for some reason) so if you have a link to a thread, please share :]
lol its a different car.

www.acura.com

LAKERS!!
Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #33
05Aucrarsx
RIP

05Aucrarsx has a clean start 05Aucrarsx has a clean start 05Aucrarsx has a clean start 05Aucrarsx has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
lol its a different car.

www.acura.com
it's www.aucra.com
05Aucrarsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:48 AM   #34
eMiNeNt
coksukermotherfukertits

eMiNeNt has a clean start eMiNeNt has a clean start eMiNeNt has a clean start eMiNeNt has a clean start
Rsx > Tsx
eMiNeNt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #35
mbae

mbae is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
more luxury mmmmm.
i still wouldnt get one though
mbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #36
formerRSX-S
obama '08

formerRSX-S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugencl9 View Post
it all depends what you're going for..... i love these "rsx vs tsx" threads... they make me laugh
Tru Dat. It's really all about what you want in a car. For all ya'll who say the TSX does not have any aftermarket support, which is why the RSX is better...you are wrong. Look around....there is plenty available for the TSX (check out mugencl9 above if you do not believe me!)

And for those who say the TL is >>>>>>>>>>>>> better than the TSX.....again, check yourself. They too, are completely different automobiles. Personally, I think the TL is waaaay too boring of a ride for my taste. There is much less driver engagement in the TL than the TSX, you lose a lot of the crisp and light handling in the TSX, and all around it is just much more of a highway cruiser than a cone killer. Sure 286 hp and V6 torque are nice....but is that really all you want? Because that's pretty much all the TL delivers IMO.

Current Project:

2005 Carbon Gray on Quartz TSX/6spd MT/OEM kit/M3 lip spoiler/20% tints/Injen CAI/Eibach Pro-Kit/Koni Yellow's/Ingalls rear camber/Progress rear sway/Neuspeed front strut/18" Rays G-games 77 Wolf 2-piece/Falken FK-451's/and Mobil 1

HERE SHE IS:
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/4466/img04780jw.jpg

Last edited by formerRSX-S; 12-12-2007 at 07:21 PM..
formerRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #37
crazy

crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx crazy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
IMO the TL offers more looks and luxury. I don't like the TSX at all because: the seats kill my back within minutes, I have no idea how; the throttle doesn't have the feel I like (due to drive-by-wire); the brakes aren't great (just like the RSX but with 500lbs more) and the steering is too big. And Acura Canada needs to clue the hell up and not make it so unfairly priced. Despite achieving parity with the US dollar it costs more than it did in 2003. Screw Acura.
crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:04 AM   #38
SiMS
Banned

SiMS is a tool and shouldn't post on CRSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezy View Post

BTW, more expensive doesn't always mean faster. The TSX is not a step up from the RSX, more like a step sideways. You gain creature comforts, but you lose speed.
exactly,

ps that's not a friend man. It's called a HATER lol.
SiMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:21 AM   #39
Reckon
Ehhhh......

Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore
Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX_831 View Post
I went from a RSX to the TSX... They both have pros and cons... While the TSX is more comfortable, it is def slower than the RSX...

BTW, your friend is an a*hole...
True...traded in the RSX Type S for a TSX, and the TSX is more comfortable with a great deal more luxury (as it was planned to have) but definitely not as lively as the RSX Type S.

All depends on what you want...the TSX is a high revver as well and it will move when up in RPM's.
Reckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #40
ShadowOpsRSX
So Others May Live

ShadowOpsRSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Some people just need to go die. Now to clarify....

The RSX is a sport coupe. The TSX is a sport SEDAN. Again, to stress the point, SEDAN. Meaning? It's naturally going to be slower unless there's a way to make a larger chassis lighter than a smaller chassis. With very similar power numbers, the RSX is going to stomp all over the TSX, because that power is pulling less chunk around. The '04 RSX Type-S I drive has a 14:1 power-to-weight ratio, meaning 14 lbs per every horsepower the engine produces. The '08 TSX without navigation system, manual, tips the scale at around 3260 lbs, which means it's a scratch over a 16:1 power-to-weight ratio, meaning an extra 2 lbs per horsepower produced by the engine. Doesn't seem like much, but the end math tells the tale. If they both had precisely 200 hp, the RSX would be towing around 2800 lbs with that power, and the TSX would be towing around 3200 lbs with that power, which means an extra 400 lbs. Do we need to debate this anymore, or can I go back to stomping on TSX's?
"You are going to tell me exactly what I want to know, it's just a question of how much you want it to hurt!" -Jack Bauer
ShadowOpsRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:41 AM   #41
18psi
Banned

18psi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
lol...stupid fucking argument cause the cars are quite different........lemme see, whats better: a honda s2000 or a lexus is300?

lol.....completely different..
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:13 PM   #42
SirWaWa
Negative Zero

SirWaWa is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy View Post
IMO the TL offers more looks and luxury. I don't like the TSX at all because: the seats kill my back within minutes, I have no idea how; the throttle doesn't have the feel I like (due to drive-by-wire); the brakes aren't great (just like the RSX but with 500lbs more) and the steering is too big. And Acura Canada needs to clue the hell up and not make it so unfairly priced. Despite achieving parity with the US dollar it costs more than it did in 2003. Screw Acura.
all models have slowly increased over the previous years (inflation i suppose)
also for each year (besides 04 to 05) the TSX came with increasing content as subtle or as little it may seem
exterior wise 04/05 is the best, interior and engine 06-08 is the best
honda's pricing is no better and no longer the value/bargin they once were
in canada anyways
in canada ABP was only available on the 05, sametime the navi option was introduced
in terms of rarity (in canada) 05 ABP TSX 6spd w/ navi

Last edited by SirWaWa; 01-12-2008 at 01:18 PM..
SirWaWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #43
hippy_mailman

hippy_mailman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hippy_mailman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hippy_mailman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hippy_mailman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hippy_mailman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hippy_mailman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hippy_mailman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hippy_mailman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I just don't like 4 doors--less personal
hippy_mailman is offline   Reply With Quote