Turbo *Chat* Crank the Boost & Turn'er Loose - Page 29 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Turbo RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-25-2017, 09:38 PM   #701
HurriSkiest
2night I wear a small hat

HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with
HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Originally Posted by b005t3drsx View Post
Is this worth the money???

http://tiltonracing.com/product/hond...-bearing-kits/

I'm buying this

https://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/KTD-CLK-KMS.html

is this the best or is there something better?
I am running the tilton HRB and I love it. But I also am running the tilton twin as well. and you do need to running the tilton clutch I believe. Unless you mod the TOB. But as the HRB the pedal feel is great a bit heavier then stock and the engagement is great. hope that helps
Fuck A/C Windows Down Crew #10

735whp/470tq @ 27psi on e55-60
684whp/480tq @ 32psi on Q16
PPG BW TS 8374 Tuned by Jeff Evans @ Locash Racing
HurriSkiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2017, 07:28 AM   #702
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
2014 ZX14R - Stock for now
2014 Mustang 5.0 8.5@165 / 1.28 60ft
JUANonJUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:36 AM   #703
b005t3drsx
S372

b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx
b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurriSkiest View Post
I am running the tilton HRB and I love it. But I also am running the tilton twin as well. and you do need to running the tilton clutch I believe. Unless you mod the TOB. But as the HRB the pedal feel is great a bit heavier then stock and the engagement is great. hope that helps
It does. I would love to run it but i'm not going to run a tilton clutch plus i've spent enough money on this damn car lol.
--Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,"Wow ---- What a ride!!!"--
b005t3drsx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2017, 01:06 PM   #704
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
What up guys? Just picked up a Cobb stage 3, 2008 STi hatch as my new daily. Shes got 310whp/345wtq and only 50K miles. Feels good to have a sporty import to drive 7 days a week again.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #705
kracker
Still tuning....

kracker is a name not to mess with
kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
What up guys? Just picked up a Cobb stage 3, 2008 STi hatch as my new daily. Shes got 310whp/345wtq and only 50K miles. Feels good to have a sporty import to drive 7 days a week again.
Sweet . I've fell in love with AWD on my new car...feels so much more planted/safer. I haven't really pushed it though.

Bout to order some new shit for my car next week
Old 10-26-2017, 05:48 PM   #706
Push
doing stuff

Push is easy..................when it comes to rep
Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep Push is easy..................when it comes to rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
Pics!!
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:38 PM   #707
b005t3drsx
S372

b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker View Post
Sweet . I've fell in love with AWD on my new car...feels so much more planted/safer. I haven't really pushed it though.

Bout to order some new shit for my car next week
whatcha buying lol
--Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,"Wow ---- What a ride!!!"--
Old 10-26-2017, 06:47 PM   #708
kracker
Still tuning....

kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with
Quote:
whatcha buying lol
stuff and things and turbo

Big Justin told me Justin was getting back into honda game 'round here? WTF is your ETA for cranking the bish up?
Old 10-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #709
b005t3drsx
S372

Quote:
stuff and things and turbo

Big Justin told me Justin was getting back into honda game 'round here? WTF is your ETA for cranking the bish up?
ohhh new turbo

i'm hoping to have all my shit done by the end of the year. What is lil j building did Justin say?
Old 10-26-2017, 07:11 PM   #710
kracker
Still tuning....

Quote:
ohhh new turbo

i'm hoping to have all my shit done by the end of the year. What is lil j building did Justin say?
New snail by the end of the month...I hope. Maybe a 700+ rated unit

He didnt say. Just curious if people were really starting to get back into it or not. I should be up and going by years end. Looking for an EP3 2nd gear only right now. And a new clutch disk. Had ~10k miles on this one, worn nearly 1mm...might as well change it out.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:01 PM   #711
b005t3drsx
S372

Quote:
New snail by the end of the month...I hope. Maybe a 700+ rated unit

He didnt say. Just curious if people were really starting to get back into it or not. I should be up and going by years end. Looking for an EP3 2nd gear only right now. And a new clutch disk. Had ~10k miles on this one, worn nearly 1mm...might as well change it out.
Nice. I decided on the GTX3582R should make good power and spool up nicely. It would be nice if people started getting back into it. It's been to long. I'll shoot him a message on facebook and see what he's up too. I'm not surprised he wants to build a car since him and raddison are good friends.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:26 AM   #712
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
people getting back into RSXs
2014 ZX14R - Stock for now
2014 Mustang 5.0 8.5@165 / 1.28 60ft
JUANonJUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:24 AM   #713
b005t3drsx
S372

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANonJUAN View Post
people getting back into RSXs
you know you want to do another build lol
Old 10-27-2017, 08:04 AM   #714
b005t3drsx
S372

Quote:
Dont get much better than this:...I stand corrected.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced...chart-3250715/

What you doing for your transmission?? I've got a 4.0 Gear-x final drive sitting around that I'm not using. Dependent on how much you want to push it, I think it would mate up pretty good with a 6 speed ratios at that whp.
What do you want for that 4.0 Final Drive?

Also do you know anybody in town with an ultrasonic cleaner? I want to clean my transmission case.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #715
kracker
Still tuning....

Quote:
What do you want for that 4.0 Final Drive?

Also do you know anybody in town with an ultrasonic cleaner? I want to clean my transmission case.
Hmm...I'm thinking $325 and I can throw in a OEM EP3 diff or RSX-S diff. Lol. And some bearings. And a speed sensor setup (ring and sensor). Cash money.

Not sure anyone with that big of a cleaner. I do my own shit....I'll find a pic.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:48 AM   #716
02s2knick
Master Member

02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Im torn between turbos. The EFR, precision 5858, s300sx3, or s200... But like the s300. If I want the borg turbos I'll need to either get a new manifold or do a t3 to t4 adapter

Also krackers turbo is still crossing my mind. My brother picked up a b18a1 swapped EF hatch that he is looking to turbo. He's also interested in picking up your turbo. Going to be talking with him this afternoon about it.
99 Camry - (totaled) plate&6 screws in my forearm
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
02s2knick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:54 AM   #717
kracker
Still tuning....

Like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171027-105314.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	537850  
Old 10-27-2017, 09:57 AM   #718
02s2knick
Master Member

02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Like this
That's pretty!! Ultrasonic cleaned or blasted?
99 Camry - (totaled) plate&6 screws in my forearm
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
02s2knick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:21 AM   #719
kracker
Still tuning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02s2knick View Post
Im torn between turbos. The EFR, precision 5858, s300sx3, or s200... But like the s300. If I want the borg turbos I'll need to either get a new manifold or do a t3 to t4 adapter

Also krackers turbo is still crossing my mind. My brother picked up a b18a1 swapped EF hatch that he is looking to turbo. He's also interested in picking up your turbo. Going to be talking with him this afternoon about it.
Cool. Lmk. I may have some more shit I can throw in for a fellow CRSX guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02s2knick View Post
That's pretty!! Ultrasonic cleaned or blasted?
Degreased, pressure washed, sanded (rough), etch primed, cast automotive high temp paint.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #720
b005t3drsx
S372

Quote:
Hmm...I'm thinking $325 and I can throw in a OEM EP3 diff or RSX-S diff. Lol. And some bearings. And a speed sensor setup (ring and sensor). Cash money.

Not sure anyone with that big of a cleaner. I do my own shit....I'll find a pic.
I'm using a quaife lsd so i won't need the diff. How do you think it will work with the longer PPG gears?

Quote:
Like this
You have to show me how you did that.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:33 PM   #721
IKON671
11.1 @ 136mph

IKON671 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Dam it?s been a long ass time. Oldie checking in...
Old 10-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #722
b005t3drsx
S372

Do any of you know what's going on with Evans Tuning? Looks like he is not going to do much tuning after October 31st. It sucks because my car won't be ready till new year. I hope he is still tuning hondata at that time.

Evans Tuning Announcement
Old 10-27-2017, 06:48 PM   #723
kracker
Still tuning....

Quote:
I'm using a quaife lsd so i won't need the diff. How do you think it will work with the longer PPG gears?

You have to show me how you did that.
I would need to check the ratios. Dont want it to be too long, but at that HP level, I think it would be fine (if ratios pan out). I had it when I was only pushing ~425whp. Wasn't bad, but definitely too long at that power level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKON671 View Post
Dam it?s been a long ass time. Oldie checking in...
Whats up...you still have a RSX??

Quote:
Do any of you know what's going on with Evans Tuning? Looks like he is not going to do much tuning after October 31st. It sucks because my car won't be ready till new year. I hope he is still tuning hondata at that time.

Evans Tuning Announcement

IDK what happened...some personal shit? Got sued? Hell, who knows. I like looking though his dynos though for some reference.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:40 PM   #724
IKON671
11.1 @ 136mph

IKON671 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Yup still got an RSX, part out will be coming soon though Full-race turbo kit, bride seats, PPG gears, IPS KT1 cams, then short block, SSR D5r wheels, custom magnaflow 3 in exhaust made to fit full-race downpipes.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:57 PM   #725
b005t3drsx
S372

Quote:
I would need to check the ratios. Dont want it to be too long, but at that HP level, I think it would be fine (if ratios pan out). I had it when I was only pushing ~425whp. Wasn't bad, but definitely too long at that power level.

Whats up...you still have a RSX??

IDK what happened...some personal shit? Got sued? Hell, who knows. I like looking though his dynos though for some reference.
I know he got fined by the EPA. Maybe he's tired of tuning who knows???

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKON671 View Post
Yup still got an RSX, part out will be coming soon though Full-race turbo kit, bride seats, PPG gears, IPS KT1 cams, then short block, SSR D5r wheels, custom magnaflow 3 in exhaust made to fit full-race downpipes.
When you selling? What kind of FR kit do you have?