Alexís 05 VBP - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #51
troye
Been Around for a while

troye is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Which OEM wiper delete did you go with?
troye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2018, 10:10 AM   #52
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by troye View Post
Which OEM wiper delete did you go with?
I didnít buy any kit or nothin I found these caps at AutoZone that look pretty ok .. Iíll post a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:40 AM   #53
troye
Been Around for a while

cool

Old 03-19-2018, 07:55 PM   #54
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
cool

Came out like shit. So I scraped it off. Any ones that you seen that are legit? Hereís a pic so then I found my amps and sub in storage just some cheap old kickers with a 1000 watt so I bought an install kit and wires it through the hood release cable and it came out nice I have everything set up. Just missing the high level input connection for my amp. Ordered one on eBay and prepped my wires from the bose amp. Should be here like Friday. yes my engine bay is dirty , no I havenít finished installing , no it is not tie-downd yet, I havenít smogged the car yet. Iím gna finish install on Friday, run the car, smog it , then order gaskets for ITR manifold install, might order the Q300 on Thursday when I get paid then install my mounts and everything. Btw do you guys thing the fuse looks ugly behind the fuse box? I just thought it wanted to be with itís family!

Old 03-19-2018, 07:58 PM   #55
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

( gonna route the rest of the power cable from the fuse with the battery cable and tie down it so it looks like they are together )

Old 03-19-2018, 08:28 PM   #56
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Fuse looks more than fine the way you have it. I have mine out in the open on the side lol.
Congrats on your ITR header by the way. I just ordered all of my gaskets and misc parts for mine too. Even found some company that shipping me brand new heat shields so I can pass visual smog.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #57
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

I just ordered my invidia Q300 -_- why do I do these things

Old 03-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #58
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Alexís 05 VBP

any thoughts on if this little bit of damage to the piping is gonna make a big difference or not? There no puncture but itís dented in a good half inch give or take. This is the ITR manifold piping just after it splits from 4-2

Last edited by SanDiegoLoCo; 03-20-2018 at 03:01 PM..
Old 03-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #59
Thatoneguy89

Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Whiper delete https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007E...wYL&ref=plSrch
Thatoneguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:06 PM   #60
dopeyrsx

dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
That's actually normal if you read the ITR header thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post
any thoughts on if this little bit of damage to the piping is gonna make a big difference or not? There no puncture but itís dented in a good half inch give or take. This is the ITR manifold piping just after it splits from 4-2

dopeyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:25 PM   #61
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatoneguy89 View Post

I saw that on eBay , but that pic installed on the Civic looks clean as f Iím gonna have to scoop that! Thx!

Old 03-20-2018, 10:14 PM   #62
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I doubt that dent will impede performance much if at all. Maybe make cylinders 1 & 4 run a little hot. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:51 PM   #63
dopeyrsx

dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
I doubt that dent will impede performance much if at all. Maybe make cylinders 1 & 4 run a little hot. Someone correct me if Iím wrong.
That dent is normal.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:01 AM   #64
troye
Been Around for a while

What kind of gains are you guys hoping to see with the ITR header? Visually it should pass fine right or is it missing cat or ?

Fuse doesn't look ugly, I connected mine to the loom that is going on the side of the fuze box
Old 03-21-2018, 12:33 AM   #65
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Quote:
What kind of gains are you guys hoping to see with the ITR header? Visually it should pass fine right or is it missing cat or ?

Fuse doesn't look ugly, I connected mine to the loom that is going on the side of the fuze box
yeah i will zip tie it to make it look like its on the same path. I have the cat and everything. CA laws suck. as far as gains, probably not a whole lot, but with CAI, the header and exhaust, its probably gonna feel and sound a lot better. I have been watching the sound clips of Q300 with CAI ... sounds great. Im not gonna track or race , this will be my DD/TOY.

i have an 07' Black Chevy Avalanche and a White 2014 Honda Accord EX-L too. I love all my cars but the RSX will get most of my money and attention
Old 03-21-2018, 06:43 AM   #66
mfarmakas17

Quote:
There isn’t really a clear answer to this since the people that posted dyno sheets used a hosting service that is no longer working. There was a thread I saw recently where someone said that the ITR header made 7 hp less than a DC race header.

As for visual inspection, you will pass for sure if you have the heat shields. Might pass without too, but I’m not sure. The cat is part of the 2-1 section. Just gotta pop your O2 sensor in there and make sure the codes are set when you go for smog.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #67
mfarmakas17

Quote:
Here's the thread I mentioned. Mind you, this guy is running a k20a with an unmodified k20a ecu so the gains on a type s or base with kpro/ktuner will be different.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=336214
Old 03-21-2018, 11:35 AM   #68
dopeyrsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
There isnít really a clear answer to this since the people that posted dyno sheets used a hosting service that is no longer working. There was a thread I saw recently where someone said that the ITR header made 7 hp less than a DC race header.

As for visual inspection, you will pass for sure if you have the heat shields. Might pass without too, but Iím not sure. The cat is part of the 2-1 section. Just gotta pop your O2 sensor in there and make sure the codes are set when you go for smog.
Any race header will make more power over the ITR exhaust manifold due to the fact that it is catted. It looks factory enough so most techs will pass you for the smog inspection. I think the gains for me 'felt' minimal.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #69
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

got my car smogged today... was a long process as the computer freshly reset. Tomorrow i get paid. Gonna finish registering the car and will order a couple of things for the install. Hit the dealer and grab some more stuff , shift boot, couple quarts MTF, couple gaskets for ITR exh. Etc , my cord for my 1000w amp comes in tomorrow , can finish my system install. The q300 won’t be in until the 27th though. But in the mean time I’m gonna do everything else. We’ll see what else I can come up with too.maybe re tint the rear winshield 🙂

Last edited by SanDiegoLoCo; 03-21-2018 at 08:44 PM..
Old 03-21-2018, 01:08 PM   #70
mfarmakas17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeyrsx View Post
Any race header will make more power over the ITR exhaust manifold due to the fact that it is catted. It looks factory enough so most techs will pass you for the smog inspection. I think the gains for me 'felt' minimal.
I think that goes without saying lol.
Is it just the cat though? Seems like raceheaders might have longer primaries as well(based on how they merge).
Old 03-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #71
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

well... gonna call it a day. Had a friend helping me at the shop we were ripping down everything to do the motor mounts and CAI , Apparently heís not very mechanically inclined , I told him to set the jack under engine oil pan and raise it to support the engine and... there goes a bent oil pan... jeezus. So I ordered a ktuned steel oil pan with magnetic drain plug and hardware. I also got my O2 extension , PW JDM wiper delete kit, and all my other parts ordered at Honda for the ITR header and exhaust install, also MTF and a shift boot. Ordered a missing hose from INJEN. Happy birthday to me ( Next month ). All my parts should be in before April. Iím waiting for some tools to be returned also so I can finish install of everything.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #72
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

itís really hard to tell but the corner closest to me if your looking at the pan from the front of the car the closest driver side of the pan looks like it raised slightly higher than itís supposed to be.. I might be over dramatic it may be fine but I saw that sucker move like an inch and I couldnít tell if the whole engine just flexed or if the pan got kinda bent so... idk just ordered a new one...

Old 03-22-2018, 06:48 PM   #73
troye
Been Around for a while

Can't really tell, sounds like a good excuse to get a steel pan
Old 03-22-2018, 07:09 PM   #74
dopeyrsx

Quote:
Can't really tell, sounds like a good excuse to get a steel pan
Yeah, The KTuned one isn't that expensive either. But isn't Aluminum better for heat dissipation? Steel is stronger though.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:20 PM   #75
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

I can always take this aluminum one off straighten it and put it on eBay for 180$... Iím sure some one will buy it