Alexís 05 VBP - Page 9 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-21-2019, 11:22 PM   #201
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Progress 24mm rear sway combo with bar and endlinks , BWR LCAís - picked up a comptech front strut bar, buddy club P-1 ball joints and HardRace Reverse tie rod ends. Also energy suspension front LCA bushings. Hope thatís enough to make my suspension feel better. Going to look at the front sway bar links while Iím down there. Lower the front a tad , go for alignment and look at some new tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2019, 10:43 PM   #202
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Well the buddyclub ball joints and hard race reverse tie rod ends are about another month to 6 weeks out for production going to wait to install everything at once.

I picked up 2 New BFG g-force sport comp 2 tires, had a freakin nail in the front tire, and I had a go with a focus ST in the rain and almost skidded to my death trying to stop in the rain with these summer tires.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:25 PM   #203
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post
Well the buddyclub ball joints and hard race reverse tie rod ends are about another month to 6 weeks out for production going to wait to install everything at once.

I picked up 2 New BFG g-force sport comp 2 tires, had a freakin nail in the front tire, and I had a go with a focus ST in the rain and almost skidded to my death trying to stop in the rain with these summer tires.

I used the 04-08 TSX Balljoints and they are just as tall as the buddyclubs', Napa Sankei 555 (45 a side), all the JDM goodness for less Į\_(ツ)_/Į

As for the tie rod ends, money is better spent elsewhere. Meaning that, that model will only provide you a better tie rod angle. If youre only looking for that and dont need the extra threads for adjustment (like most lowered cars do) i suggest getting a "Female rod end bearing"/"Heim Joint" which go for about 7-10 a piece and whatever a bolt/nut/flange combo cost (maybe like another 5-10).

Old 03-04-2019, 02:40 PM   #204
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Thanks for the info. I will look into that. But for now as I donít plan on making my car any faster or doing much other upgrades the suspension is my main focus right now. I do plan on lowering the car a little bit more. Iíve already ordered the parts and I did it with affirm. Right now I donít have any plans to do anything crazy Iím just DDíing the car. Want to get this suspension feeling better. Then I can get the ride height where I want it and get an alignment. After that itís mostly just cosmetic stuff interior exterior and AC / Lighting , speakers and subs. One day Iíll move out of CA and then I can actually go forced induction.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:18 PM   #205
Jimmikatt

Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Did ya get that quarter panel fixed yet, and you ever find out who hit your car ?
Jimmikatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:37 AM   #206
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Alexís 05 VBP

Nah, but I did get a couple hundred bucks from insurance :fukers: everything installed though , even managed to get a couple coats of primer over the subframe and everything around it make it nice and flat black . donít judge my bad spray painting skills

Last edited by SanDiegoLoCo; 03-10-2019 at 10:51 AM..
Old 03-10-2019, 12:22 PM   #207
Moises's_Rsx
DC5 Gang***ger

Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe
Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe Moises's_Rsx No words can describe
Lmaooo good pregress

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecarosCostTooMuch View Post
Vote DJ for most disappointing build in recent CRSX history.
Moises's_Rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #208
Jimmikatt

Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Man you been really busy with that car.. shit i wish i had some good weather, or a garage to work in.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:36 PM   #209
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Alexís 05 VBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmikatt View Post
Man you been really busy with that car.. shit i wish i had some good weather, or a garage to work in.
Thank you! Yeah I havenít done anything for a while and I finally got this suspension work done. I talked to someone that said energy suspension bushings are not worth installing to go hardrace. So Iím going to get a shop press 20 ton from harbor freight and do it myself

Bro if you really wanted it you would go get some pvc piping and some plastic and some blankets and make a greenhouse-garage all for the low cost of like $40-50 at homedepot Loweís and be tinkering. I would lose my mind if I had ďwintersĒ

Old 03-10-2019, 04:55 PM   #210
Jimmikatt

As windy as it is today, it would end up in the next county...
Old 03-10-2019, 07:44 PM   #211
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Quote:
As windy as it is today, it would end up in the next county...

Car fever is rough my woman doesnít let me do anything for my car cuz weíre saving money so I have to sneakily get stuff done

Old 03-10-2019, 10:31 PM   #212
Jimmikatt

Good news, while we were slightly above freezing today, and a nice sunny day,
the car got warm from the sun, so i checked my washer pump to see if the motor was out, or just ice in the line, WOO HOO !!!, it started working today, so no need to change my pump. Texas people just don't know how to prep for winter...
Old 03-11-2019, 07:51 PM   #213
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Lol thatís whatís up. Hey also Incase you donít have access to parts, we have tons of junkyards pretty close to me I can pull parts for just about anyone and ship them easily through my business.

On a second note , the progress setup is so amazing, possibly the best thing Iíve done to my car yet. I literally feel like Iím driving a go kart now. There is virtually no roll through turns, I HIGHLY recommend it. I just did a pull from a stop on to the blvd into traffic and :gawd: it felt like I was drifting into traffic ( in a good way ) as the car was pulling into the turn at almost maximum potential

Old 03-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #214
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Lol thatís whatís up. Hey also Incase you donít have access to parts, we have tons of junkyards pretty close to me I can pull parts for just about anyone and ship them easily through my business.

On a second note , the progress setup is so amazing, possibly the best thing Iíve done to my car yet. I literally feel like Iím driving a go kart now. There is virtually no roll through turns, I HIGHLY recommend it. I just did a pull from a stop on to the blvd into traffic and :gawd: it felt like I was drifting into traffic ( in a good way ) as the car was pulling into the turn at almost maximum potential

Old 03-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #215
Jimmikatt

Would you know where to find the intake cover sticker for my car, i would like to refresh it, it's getting a little worn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	548717
Old 03-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #216
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Alexís 05 VBP

Quote:
Would you know where to find the intake cover sticker for my car, i would like to refresh it, it's getting a little worn.

Attachment 548717

The vtec sticker for the intake manifold? Not sure, I guess the Acura dealer, or find a good used one. Your looks pretty good to begin with. Unless thereís something I canít see. I got an extra one in pretty good condition

Last edited by SanDiegoLoCo; 03-12-2019 at 01:50 PM..
Old 03-12-2019, 04:27 PM   #217
Jimmikatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post
The vtec sticker for the intake manifold? Not sure, I guess the Acura dealer, or find a good used one. Your looks pretty good to begin with. Unless thereís something I canít see. I got an extra one in pretty good condition

I'll have a talk with the Acura dealer this spring when i pay them a visit.
Yeah it's not what i would call bad, but it's has some wear, and have searched high and low on google / ebay, and everything in between, and no luck.. found every other sticker for the car though.. lol
Old 04-12-2019, 12:15 AM   #218
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Alexís 05 VBP

20 ton shop press , engine hoist, transmission jack and a brand new Daytona super duty low profile jack and new jack stands. Got about $1000 in new tools and 2 new tool boxes the shop is ready for some serious work. I will be starting paint prep soon! Should be funny to watch

My weekend was filled with a engine swap and a transmission swap hereís some fun pics of my sketchy ass engine tie down in the van, and me lifting this heavy ass trans into the van by my self almost hernia , the seat is stuck and wouldnít come out so I had to lift it over the seat on to some cardboard LoL

Last edited by SanDiegoLoCo; 04-12-2019 at 12:20 AM..
Old 04-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #219
Jimmikatt

OSHA would have a fit watching you pick that up...
and nice socks on that trany jack... lol
Old 04-16-2019, 11:48 PM   #220
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Get to change my ball joints this weekend and see how that feels. Took over 2 months to get. Still waiting on hardrace reverse tie rods. About to place order for hardrace bushings

Old 04-18-2019, 01:44 AM   #221
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Picked up new rear bench seat as mine had two tears in it from pick your part in San Diego does not look pretty atm. I also found a cheap reupholster shop they said about $120 they would re wrap my steering wheel

Old 04-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #222
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Well I donít know who likes paying way over price for things but I guess I do. $480 on eBay for a hardrace master bushing set. Guess Iím going to replace everything. 18 pc set. Lawl what a noob. Anyways it ships from CA so it should be here like early this week. My bday is on 4:20 so I made yet another over priced dumb purchase.

Old 04-21-2019, 04:41 PM   #223
shokoman
shokoman

shokoman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shokoman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shokoman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shokoman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shokoman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shokoman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shokoman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shokoman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hi guys, I have a newbie question about buying a used car and passing an inspection. Should I drive a car to a mechanic before passing inspection? And what possible options to simplify the process do you know? I heard about digital vehicle inspection apps, did someone use these? I wonder how they help.

Last edited by shokoman; 04-24-2019 at 03:23 PM..
shokoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:41 PM   #224
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

This has been bugging me for so long. New rear seats with no rips, OEM trunk tray, and privacy cover all pretty mint condition

Old 04-30-2019, 08:27 PM   #225
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

One thing at a time ... picked up this mint steering wheel for $80!! Stoked. This weekend will be putting in some work installing parts Iíve been hoarding.