Dashboard vin missing - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Bolt-On Basics: RSX Type-S
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-16-2016, 09:30 PM   #1
03atxrsx

03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Dashboard vin missing

So I purchase a 03 rsx type s without looking at the dashboard and notice the vin plate was missing BUT the whole reason the vin is missing was due to swapping out the ugly tan interior to black interior. Everything else in the car matches my title. What should I do? Yes I do know messing with any vin number is illegal but that's how the car was bought. Any advice would be grateful thanks.
03atxrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2016, 06:21 AM   #2
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Maybe talk to a dealership and see if they can get you a replacement? I could see that turning into a huge ordeal for you if you get pulled over and the cop goes to match your VIN.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:37 AM   #3
03atxrsx

03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03atxrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yea but here in Texas dealerships can't make vin plates. I was told to go thru a vin inspection with my local law enforcement.
03atxrsx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2019, 05:41 AM   #4
jeanamstertadt

jeanamstertadt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeanamstertadt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeanamstertadt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeanamstertadt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeanamstertadt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeanamstertadt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeanamstertadt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jeanamstertadt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
If you can't identify the car, why don't you lookup the plate number? Get a Carfax or something. Other car report providers or VIN check sites may help as well.
jeanamstertadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:27 AM   #5
DreamDC5
Master Member

DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DreamDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
bumping a thread 3 years old... smh. plus the VIN should be engraved in the engine bay, or the driver side door jam, and newer RSX's have vin matched body panels. Such a fenders, hood, hatch, ect.
DreamDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote