Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Evap leak???

Tags
evap leak
15K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  JDMspecDC5 
#1 ·
OK,i keep getting the CEL and the code 1457 keeps coming up(munfacturer emmision controlled auxiliary emmissions controls) thats what it says on the scan tool. I search and only found one thread about this and it didnt go ito what could be causing this. I was wondering if someone could tell me what to check to see what is causing this. And the light keeps coming on when i start it in the morning and dont warm it up completetly and go.

1. Code 1457 keeps coming on
2. Want to know what are the possible things that could cause it

#5 ·
Just check that all the fittings are tight... they moved the evap cannister from under the hood in the integras to under the car by the fuel tank for the rsxs... I had the evap leak CEL come on and stay on all the time b/c road debris jumped up and nicked a hole in one of the rubber elbow connectors. So basically you have to jack up ur car and slide under there to check that all the hoses and connectors are ok.

#8 · (Edited)
its not your gas cap or else you would get code p1456 the code your getting is the charcoal canister check the lines running to it. It might only come on when 1/4 full because the gas is slashing more and making more fumes. Soooo then the charcoal canister is probably opening up to vent the fumes from the tank and the leak is somewhere in the charcoal canister or the lines running to it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.