Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

K20 head / K24 block - Hybrid Parts List

114K views 248 replies 80 participants last post by  Dorrikano 
#1 ·
After doing a K24 swap recently for a customer, I realized that there really wasn't a good parts list out there to make the swap go as smooth as possible. Since there are a lot of variations from Honda, I tried to come up with the list that makes it as easy as possible so that you can get the right parts the first time.

If I am missing something or you have found that a part number that actually doesn't work well, please feel free to let me know.

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/k24swap.html

#20 ·
^ i'd also like to know. are superchargers compatible with other k-series heads? (crv, tsx, etc...)

i have a base so i could get a crv block, then type-s head but a crv long block is cheaper than the type-s head alone. and i'm not looking to squeeze every ounce of power out necessarily, as i know the type-s head flows much better
Yes, it is that simple. It will bolt onto a K20 head without an issue, the only thing you would have to change is the belt because of the height differences in the block.

If I got a modified s2k -> k20 oil pump what parts would I need and any modifications? And would there be any benefits, cause I thought the crank is what limits the k24/k20 builds, not the k20 oil pump. I'm probably gonna buy my k20/k24 build in 2 weeks and since I don't have a k20 block I could go with an s2k pump.
What you need is the pump, a K24 oil chain and guides and a K24 pan.

#17 ·
^ i'd also like to know. are superchargers compatible with other k-series heads? (crv, tsx, etc...)

i have a base so i could get a crv block, then type-s head but a crv long block is cheaper than the type-s head alone. and i'm not looking to squeeze every ounce of power out necessarily, as i know the type-s head flows much better

G
#19 ·
The Type-S pump is fine. There is enough other stuff to worry about during a K24 swap that complicating the oiling system. If this motor would see 9,000 rpm's, then "yes". No real need for it on a standard-stroke K24 block though.

#42 ·
so timin chain and covers etc.. could be taken off the old k24 motor no need to buy any other parts.. so what exactly would be need to make this work.. and wat would need to be taken off to make work?? thanks for all your help kinda in a bind at the moment.. i need my car back now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.