Would you sell your CBR to turbo your rsx? - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Motorcycles
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #26
WastedGate
Turblo FTW!

WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean 02 View Post
Definitely keep the bike. The sound, the feel, the power...I would never lose the bike to turbo the car. Besides the fact that the bike will always be faster and IMO more fun. It can also save you money vs driving a car. Let alone driving and maintaining a turbo car. I'm on my second bike which is a TL1000R. Discontinued and its a torque monster V-twin sportbike.

Man TLRs are Harley's with fairings might as well have a buell hahaha
WastedGate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #27
revilingfool
Master Member

revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx revilingfool is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
sell it... its a 600 its not that fast. upgrade to a 1kr or turbo your car.

but it really depends on where you are in your life. ive had a handful of 1krs and a few 600s, even a stunter and if thats what makes you happy then keep it. but im more feeling the car thing atm so all i have is a 1973 cb200 lol rock on

Four wheels to move the body; two wheels to move the soul
revilingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #28
Lysol
Awww Yeah...

Lysol is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Sell both and get a s2k...boost that

Old 01-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #29
Clean 02

Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by WastedGate View Post
Man TLRs are Harley's with fairings might as well have a buell hahaha
Not quite a harley. I guess you dont like ducati and aprilia either. I take it you haven't rode a TLR before.

Last edited by Clean 02; 01-19-2013 at 07:16 AM..
Clean 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #30
matrix22
CHEAP TRACKDAYS WANTED

matrix22 has been a little shit in the past
i miss my RSVR Factory.
matrix22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #31
Clean 02

Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Clean 02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix22 View Post
i miss my RSVR Factory.
Thats an awesome bike.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #32
TrevY
Like a sir

TrevY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TrevY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TrevY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TrevY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TrevY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TrevY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TrevY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TrevY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TrevY is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Bikes get bitches
Broke Student Crew #11
Small part out thread some big items: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...8#post39840408
Sarcastic reply here.
TrevY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #33
WastedGate
Turblo FTW!

WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WastedGate is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean 02 View Post
Not quite a harley. I guess you dont like ducati and aprilia either. I take it you haven't rode a TLR before.
Red a tlr once a buddy had not a true liter bike, the Italian bike are really good looking (my fav is the ducati 1099)but lack in performance. From a factory stand point how often do they win or lead a super bike race?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #34
Clean 02

Quote:
Red a tlr once a buddy had not a true liter bike, the Italian bike are really good looking (my fav is the ducati 1099)but lack in performance. From a factory stand point how often do they win or lead a super bike race?
The TLR was designed to beat the Ducati of its time and they were close in specs. But the ducatii was always king. Its a unique twin motor more of an L twin than a V. The TLR only won I think 1 superbike race before they axed it from the lineup. And they've changed the superbike regulations a lot since. Which also played a part I think. It def had its flaws But at the end of the day. I'm not on a track. And the ride ability of it is better and more comfortable than the new inline bikes. (I'm a big guy 6'2" over 200 lbs.) And torque that is conparable to new inline 1000s. Although I love the inlines also.

Last edited by Clean 02; 01-19-2013 at 08:34 PM..
Old 01-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #35
matrix22
CHEAP TRACKDAYS WANTED

matrix22 has been a little shit in the past
Quote:

you don't know Carlos Checa.
matrix22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #36
WastedGate
Turblo FTW!

194 starts 2 wins 3 poles rides Ducati

Wikipedia is awesome
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #37
joekuh
Master Member

joekuh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joekuh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joekuh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joekuh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joekuh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joekuh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joekuh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joekuh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nothing really replaces the feeling of riding a bike. I say keep the bike and sell it only if you profit. Then use that money to get a bigger bike like I do.
2006 GSX-R 750 SOLD
2006 GSX-R 1000 SOLD
2006 CBR 1000 SOLD
joekuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #38
polishskater7
Type s

polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx polishskater7 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Coupe TypeS View Post
yea im aware the bike will still be faster and wont feel the same at all.. i love the feeling on a bike but i just cant afford a bike and to turbo my car right now.. the shitty thing is i just put a bunch of money into my bike making it how i like it such as fairings new exhaust hids ect... i would pick up a used kit so i could have some cash saved over to put towards a motocross bike, but il still miss the cbr..
Save up the money keep both and just wait, patience is key, good things happen to people who wait, save up a few g's over a few months and turbo it then
Broke Student Crew #103

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbgja6amUA1qb9nyp.gif
polishskater7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #39
Black Coupe TypeS

Black Coupe TypeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by polishskater7 View Post
Save up the money keep both and just wait, patience is key, good things happen to people who wait, save up a few g's over a few months and turbo it then

I'm going to have to agree.. I know I'd miss the bike for sure, specially just putting a couple thousand into it... I think il just get kpro for now and see how that goes
Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it
Black Coupe TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #40
Island_DC5
Hafa!?

Island_DC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Its definitely a tough decision. Boosted DC5 and a bike, both are fast but very different. I boosted my car last April, then bought the bike in June. Like others have said, its hard to beat cruising on the bike on a cool summer day. To me though bikes are easy to come by so selling one, you arent out very much. You definitely wouldnt be disappointed I think from going turbo. Although Ive had my fair share of issues since boost, still dont regret the decision.

If you think you can get a nice profit from the bike and enough to completely pay for your kit. I say boost it. Can you afford to have the DC5 down? or is it your only car?
Island_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #41
Black Coupe TypeS

Black Coupe TypeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_DC5 View Post
Its definitely a tough decision. Boosted DC5 and a bike, both are fast but very different. I boosted my car last April, then bought the bike in June. Like others have said, its hard to beat cruising on the bike on a cool summer day. To me though bikes are easy to come by so selling one, you arent out very much. You definitely wouldnt be disappointed I think from going turbo. Although Ive had my fair share of issues since boost, still dont regret the decision.

If you think you can get a nice profit from the bike and enough to completely pay for your kit. I say boost it. Can you afford to have the DC5 down? or is it your only car?
I would love to turbo my car.. To hear the bov and WG would be amazing not to mention the attention a boosted rsx gets.. They are just straight up sexy in my opinion.. But it is my only car right now and I could sell my bike to cover a kit but would have much extra for problems that may come.. It's such a hard toss-up
Black Coupe TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #42
Island_DC5
Hafa!?

Island_DC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
I would love to turbo my car.. To hear the bov and WG would be amazing not to mention the attention a boosted rsx gets.. They are just straight up sexy in my opinion.. But it is my only car right now and I could sell my bike to cover a kit but would have much extra for problems that may come.. It's such a hard toss-up
Yeah, being your only car, I wouldnt recommend it. Can it be done? Sure, plenty have, myself included. I wouldnt say money is the issue, but when its your only car and youre pressed to fix the issue because you have to get to work in the morning, thats when you want the second car. You have to almost expect an issue to arise when installing, especially if its your first install, just the nature of the beast imo.

Borrow a friends car though for a bit while you install and work the issues, and go boost
Island_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #43
mazing3

mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mazing3 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I would never sell my bike for any reason, much less to turbo a car. Nothing will give you the feel your bike gives you.
mazing3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #44
smiley4284
U like race

smiley4284 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smiley4284 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smiley4284 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smiley4284 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smiley4284 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smiley4284 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smiley4284 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smiley4284 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smiley4284 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Couple Pics Of Her..
that bike is sexy. I would say nah.

faster, less gas mileage, bigger chick magnet
negatives more dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown330 View Post
Bama fans are going to lose yet still claim the NC.
Because moral victory/entitlement complex. Basically the excuse book BSU wrote.
smiley4284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #45
qhuynh

qhuynh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx qhuynh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx qhuynh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx qhuynh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx qhuynh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx qhuynh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx qhuynh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx qhuynh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I would keep the bike man. I have both,06 rsx s and 08 cbr 1000rr. Love them so much,bike on nice days and rsx on rainy days.

08 HONDA CBR 1000RR,K&N,MGP SLIPON 170.3WHP
qhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #46
Unplugged
Not Plugged In

Unplugged is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
You'll have more headaches with a turbo'd RSX. Keep the bike