Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Superchager Install Picture Guide (*For installing referrence)

40K views 146 replies 56 participants last post by  mcamera 
#1 ·
< How it Began as N/A

< Cold Air intake to Throttle Body

< CAI Elbow to TB removed

< CAI Piping covered to prevent coolant spilling into it

< Undo all hoses attached to intake manifold

< Bleed Fuel Rail

< Fuel Rail removed with new RC 750cc injectors installed

< Front Bumper removed

< Bracket holding the Intake Manifold from underneath

< Intake Manifold removed, Hondata IMG shown

See less See more
#110 · (Edited)
1) If you have the JMerc bracket, you dont need (pretty sure you can't even use) the comptech one.

The way the JMerc bracket works is basically it re-positions the power steering bracket so you can use the OEM auto tensioner (in place of the JRSC manual tensioner or the Comptech tensioner which comes with the supercharger kits). So I'm not sure why the previous owner is giving you both. Maybe he had issues with the Comptech tensioner and got a JMerc bracket. Or vice versa.

heres a pic of mine installed.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6258/img0832p.jpg

2) I was going to try the Type Spaz way of the power steering, but its basically has to be perfect. There is a chance it can leak. But if you still want to try it, let me know. I bought that metal water hose thing because I was going to attempt it, but chickened out.

3) The datalogs take anywhere from 5 to 15 mins per "round" (depending on how much work your setup needs and how the roads are in your area). But remember, Magnesium isn't just sitting around all day waiting for you to reply. So there is a chance you do a datalog at 11am, but he gets back to you around 9pm and then you might not be available to do a datalog. There were some days where we got 3 datalogs done in 1 day, but sometimes just 1 a day. I'd say you will need at least 5 days

He'll give you specific directions to do the datalogs. Very easy to follow. Basically what he will tell you to do is drive 5mph for 30 secs, 10mph for 30secs, etc, etc. Then another driving in 1st gear at a certain RPM for 30secs, 2nd gear at a certain RPM for 30secs, etc, etc.

So yeah it can get a bit time consuming

4) Also, don't forget you need new spark plugs.

#111 ·
1) If you have the JMerc bracket, you dont need (pretty sure you can't even use) the comptech one.

The way the JMerc bracket works is basically it re-positions the power steering bracket so you can use the OEM auto tensioner (in place of the JRSC manual tensioner or the Comptech tensioner which comes with the supercharger kits). So I'm not sure why the previous owner is giving you both. Maybe he had issues with the Comptech tensioner and got a JMerc bracket. Or vice versa.

heres a pic of mine installed.

2) I was going to try the Type Spaz way of the power steering, but its basically has to be perfect. There is a chance it can leak. But if you still want to try it, let me know. I bought that metal water hose thing because I was going to attempt it, but chickened out.

3) The datalogs take anywhere from 5 to 15 mins per "round" (depending on how much work your setup needs and how the roads are in your area). But remember, Magnesium isn't just sitting around all day waiting for you to reply. So there is a chance you do a datalog at 11am, but he gets back to you around 9pm and then you might not be available to do a datalog. There were some days where we got 3 datalogs done in 1 day, but sometimes just 1 a day. I'd say you will need at least 5 days

He'll give you specific directions to do the datalogs. Very easy to follow. Basically what he will tell you to do is drive 5mph for 30 secs, 10mph for 30secs, etc, etc. Then another driving in 1st gear at a certain RPM for 30secs, 2nd gear at a certain RPM for 30secs, etc, etc.

So yeah it can get a bit time consuming

4) Also, don't forget you need new spark plugs.
I'm already on iridiums do I need new ones? And as long as I have base map can I drive my car to work as long as I'm not busing just baby revs keeping car @ 2k rpms???

#137 ·
You'll want the FX350 then. This was the biggest improvement over the CC Stage 4 IMO. CC Stage 4 wasn't terrible by any means but the FX350 is pretty close to stock.

#140 ·
Hey guys, I have a quick question. Sorry to change the subject, but does anyone know how to install the Jmerc Power Steering Hose Bracket? I'm having some clearance issues with the power steering pump and the hood. I just finished installing my supercharger yesterday.

Thanks

#142 ·
Yeah, Jose sent me the installation instructions for his PS hose bracket but my PS pump is still hitting my hood. I might try the Spaz method.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.