04 engine / trans in 05 -S... what does it take to get it working? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Engine Building & Design
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-31-2018, 10:13 AM   #1
jennyftb

jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
04 engine / trans in 05 -S... what does it take to get it working?

Hello all, Picking up an 05 type-s shell this weekend, I have found what seems to be a good deal on a motor and trans, but its for an 04. The seller says I can get the engine and trans working in my car, he just does not know how. I just want to check and make sure that is correct and he is not just trying to sell his setup. I am new to DC5 in the form of getting mechanical. we used to have a 02 -s years ago and are getting back into the platform.

Does anyone know what it would take to get the setup working properly?
Thank you in advance!

Edit: its not set in stone, but im looking to go AEM infinity for PCM, and my wire harness is for an 05. not 100% closed off to hondata Kpro. Figured that may help in figuring out what can be done.

Last edited by jennyftb; 08-31-2018 at 10:26 AM..
jennyftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
jennyftb

jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jennyftb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
anyone?
jennyftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:14 PM   #3
dustyboner
Vaginal Lubrication Tech

dustyboner User will be banned for a week, please report them to an Admin
you just need to put an 05/06 (k20z1) intake manifold and throttle body on the 04 (k20a2) engine. the 05 tranny is what you want so your good there.
RSX fog light install guide

watch him play with his meat
dustyboner is offline   Reply With Quote