Spring/Coilover + Shocks Reviews - Page 15 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-16-2015, 12:57 AM   #351
RajSX_TypeS

RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I got fortune auto 500 series and there like surfing on clouds I didn't get swift spring only radial bearing u can check my build thread got pics of them
RajSX_TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2015, 12:23 AM   #352
whiskeyecho1
King of the Bros

whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx whiskeyecho1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Moar reviewsssssss. Picking up some coilovers in august (trying to stick to around $1k) help push me in the right direction haha. Car is just a DD, but my monster truck stance is getting old.
whiskeyecho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:00 PM   #353
ReedJoe

ReedJoe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ReedJoe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ReedJoe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ReedJoe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ReedJoe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ReedJoe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ReedJoe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ReedJoe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I just bought a rsx 04' but I has coil overs, where I can buy the stock springs? I go to Mexico and lowering the car it's not a good idea over there
ReedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2016, 01:11 AM   #354
Samuelrivers22

Samuelrivers22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Samuelrivers22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Samuelrivers22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Samuelrivers22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Samuelrivers22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Samuelrivers22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Samuelrivers22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Samuelrivers22 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Cool K&R sport spring set

I have a Acura rsx type s 02 and my shocks are completely blown out.im getting the yellow keno shocks and I was wondering if the H&R adjustable sport spring set is a good brand just its self or with the mix with the yellow shocks, with a nice drop.any information or experience with that brand or knowledge would be great to get some feedback from and would be greatly approached thank you!
Samuelrivers22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:59 PM   #355
nabusa

nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajSX_TypeS View Post
I got fortune auto 500 series and there like surfing on clouds I didn't get swift spring only radial bearing u can check my build thread got pics of them
With the swift spring these come out to $1800. I have not driven a car with these, I'm just trying to wrap my head around paying that much money on coilovers.
nabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:38 AM   #356
RajSX_TypeS

RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabusa View Post
With the swift spring these come out to $1800. I have not driven a car with these, I'm just trying to wrap my head around paying that much money on coilovers.
5 year warranty might change your mind maybe lol
RajSX_TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:46 PM   #357
markpcivic

markpcivic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx markpcivic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx markpcivic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx markpcivic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx markpcivic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx markpcivic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx markpcivic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx markpcivic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabusa View Post
In the world of performance oriented suspensions, $1800 is a bargain. In the Autocross community, $5000 shocks are not uncommon at all. The better the dampers you buy, the more spring rate you can run and still maintain control of the chassis, unsprung weight, etc. and still have a decent chance to maintain some semblance of ride quality. It just depends on what your end goals are.
markpcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #358
nabusa

nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nabusa is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
But we are not talking about autocross or racing. These are street cars.
nabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:07 AM   #359
chazzer96

chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Curious to see if anyone has purchased the Tein Street Basis Z?? Any review on it?
chazzer96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:07 AM   #360
peterrpham
Du ma

peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
After doing some research on the Street Tein Basis Z, it is said the features are said to be the same as the Basis, except they're not rebuildable. But if they're that cheap, can't complain...

IMO, i think the Basis in general ride smooth like a baby's ass. I've personally driven/rode in 3 different types of cars with them and love them.

So if they really claim to be just like the Basis, I'd go for it. Report back though if you do LOL

Pham's 6spd Base | IG: peterrpham
peterrpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:15 AM   #361
chazzer96

chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chazzer96 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yeah, lol I know the difference the regular Basis rebuildable and the Z isn't. Also the Z goes a bit lower and they adjusted some things to make it better for Daily Driving. I was just curious as to see if anyone actually purchased them as I can't find much on them other than a YouTube video. I'm actually going to be getting them sometime this week. Thanks for the feedback
chazzer96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:12 PM   #362
AzianK
Modelrator

AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrpham View Post
After doing some research on the Street Tein Basis Z, it is said the features are said to be the same as the Basis, except they're not rebuildable. But if they're that cheap, can't complain...

IMO, i think the Basis in general ride smooth like a baby's ass. I've personally driven/rode in 3 different types of cars with them and love them.

So if they really claim to be just like the Basis, I'd go for it. Report back though if you do LOL
been around a lot of babys ass to know, someone call the cops on this guy
Zombie Eradication Team Member #27

HASKô Infamous Anime Crew Viet Crew CRSX Mod Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_02
I'm surprised you even drink coffee

With it being black and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith
khoa would throw the whole viet crew into oncoming traffic if a white girl asked him to.
AzianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:11 AM   #363
Tig.

Tig. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tig. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tig. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tig. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tig. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tig. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tig. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tig. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Read through the entire thread, and I think I'm going with Progress. Hope to order in the next few weeks and I'll have another review to add to the thread. Can anyone tell me the difference between the series I and series II versions? I think one is rebuildable and the other wasn't iirc. And I shouldn't have to buy anything extra to put these on my '02 should I?
Tig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #364
peterrpham
Du ma

peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig. View Post
Read through the entire thread, and I think I'm going with Progress. Hope to order in the next few weeks and I'll have another review to add to the thread. Can anyone tell me the difference between the series I and series II versions? I think one is rebuildable and the other wasn't iirc. And I shouldn't have to buy anything extra to put these on my '02 should I?
If your top hats are still in good condition then you'll be good

Old 09-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #365
DFx-

DFx- is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DFx- is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DFx- is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DFx- is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DFx- is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DFx- is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DFx- is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DFx- is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Type: K Tuned K1 Coilovers
Setup: Street/Spirited Driving
Tires: Michelin A/S 3 205/50-16
Review: Installation was straightforward. Only issue I had was both axles popping out as I was taking off the old struts. Initial drop was about an inch and a half all the way around. Dropped it again to about 2 inches.

I've had these for about 2 weeks, and have done a couple canyon runs with them. 32 way adjustable dampening makes adjustments easy with a knob on the top of the coilovers. I've set them to 14 clicks away from full soft all the way around, which is a nice firm ride, but still soaks up most bumps on the daily.

Very satisfied with the purchase at about $900. If you buy these, which I highly recommend for the daily driver/occasional auto-x enthusiast, buy a camber kit for the rear if you haven't already. Also, sounds stupid, but install the dampening knobs onto the coilovers (the rears) BEFORE you install everything. Or else you'd have a hard time trying to get them in the rears, (I had to remove the top nuts and push the coil overs down to get it in.)

Link: K Series Parts

Pics:

Last edited by DFx-; 09-13-2018 at 06:29 PM..
DFx- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:03 PM   #366
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Spring/Coilover + Shocks Reviews

Type: Megan Street Series Coilovers

Setup: street/daily with Bolt-onís and reflash

Review: satisfied for price and comfort, but already wish I picked a better setup. Itís nice having the camber adjustment on the front top hats no camber kit required in front. had them on a month and half roughly now. I have been switching between 5 clicks from hardest setting to 2 clicks from hardest setting , everything else feels a little too spongey for my taste and these horrible roads. Iím either bouncing up and down not feeling tight enough, or Iím almost near hardest setting and feeling the horrid ness of huge bumps and dips. If the roads were better I would be satisfied with a very stiff setting and how that handles. Huge improvement from stock. I let them settle in for a month before I changed the settings. The new design on these requires that you flip your tie rod ends upside down to attach to steering arms , you have to lower the coilovers quite a bit to make it fit but thatís what I wanted and currently I have like 2 finger gap in front and rear and need to lower the fronts slightly more after I install my new rims. Great entry coilovers if your really needing to drop and canít afford anything better you can always sell them and upgrade later. Big market for used coilovers especially if you take care of yours and really donít abuse them. I give them a 8/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #367
marcs23

marcs23 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Type: Skunk2 Pro-S Coilovers (ver. 1)
Setup: Street/Spirited Driving
Review: Stiff and bouncy. Loud clicking noise from front. Looking into switching to Tein Advance Z's because I want to ability to adjust.
marcs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:03 PM   #368
peterrpham
Du ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post
Type: Megan Street Series Coilovers

Setup: street/daily with Bolt-onís and reflash

Review: satisfied for price and comfort, but already wish I picked a better setup. Itís nice having the camber adjustment on the front top hats no camber kit required in front. had them on a month and half roughly now. I have been switching between 5 clicks from hardest setting to 2 clicks from hardest setting , everything else feels a little too spongey for my taste and these horrible roads. Iím either bouncing up and down not feeling tight enough, or Iím almost near hardest setting and feeling the horrid ness of huge bumps and dips. If the roads were better I would be satisfied with a very stiff setting and how that handles. Huge improvement from stock. I let them settle in for a month before I changed the settings. The new design on these requires that you flip your tie rod ends upside down to attach to steering arms , you have to lower the coilovers quite a bit to make it fit but thatís what I wanted and currently I have like 2 finger gap in front and rear and need to lower the fronts slightly more after I install my new rims. Great entry coilovers if your really needing to drop and canít afford anything better you can always sell them and upgrade later. Big market for used coilovers especially if you take care of yours and really donít abuse them. I give them a 8/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm also running Megan Street series coilovers, but I'm getting a crazy and unnecessary amount of tramlining. It seems like the steering is extremely sensitive to grooves in the road and wants to pull to one side. Making wide and long turns makes the car feel floaty, just like a hurricane is about to push me off if i push it too hard. I wasn't even comfortable driving with 1 hard on the freeway going over 65mph. I didn't have this feeling with my previous coilovers. Pretty damn sure it's the inverted tie rod design. Really not a big fan of it, as I'm already thinking about switching to something else.

Didn't get this floaty feeling until I switched to the Megans, previously coming from Buddy Club N+. Also tried it one two different wheel and tire sizes. 17x7 (215/45) and 17x9 (245/40) had no different in feel. A 2 finger gap feel like **** for me. I had to increase dampening almost all the way to make it feel a tad better.

However, lowering it and basically maxing out really helped. Not too much stroke was lost. Steering is a little more firm and definitely a little more solid. I'm guessing that one reason for the floaty feeling is the angle of the tie rod arms are way too straight with this inverted design, then lowering it angled it a little more to be more compliant with the LCAs.

I'm going to talk to the R&D guy at Megan since I know him and see what he can do to improve future models.

Here's how it's currently sitting: