Mod opinion - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Bolt-On Basics: RSX (Base)
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-06-2018, 12:22 PM   #26
BrutalB83
WILDCARD!

BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Lowering as a first step is always good, IMO. I usually do that before anything else.
BrutalB83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2018, 01:21 PM   #27
71903DC5
K Series Parts Hitman

71903DC5 is loved by everyone on c-rsx
71903DC5 is loved by everyone on c-rsx 71903DC5 is loved by everyone on c-rsx 71903DC5 is loved by everyone on c-rsx 71903DC5 is loved by everyone on c-rsx 71903DC5 is loved by everyone on c-rsx 71903DC5 is loved by everyone on c-rsx 71903DC5 is loved by everyone on c-rsx 71903DC5 is loved by everyone on c-rsx 71903DC5 is loved by everyone on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper501 View Post
Yeah, I know. I think I was excited back when I posted that shit. My mind was everywhere. Last car I owned barely had aftermarket support. So seeing the variety of options this car had, my mind exploded lol 🤯 Iím just gonna get a HKS catback & lower the car to make it more bearable for now. Theres no point of trying to rush or get cheap power when I probably wonít be happy in the end. Or wind up going way over budget for the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just don't cheap on your suspension man. A good set of coilovers will be worth the money especially for your future plans
Old 09-14-2018, 06:22 AM   #28
GrimReaper501

GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalB83 View Post
Lowering as a first step is always good, IMO. I usually do that before anything else.

Yeah Iím about to get my coilovers sometime this month hopefully. #teinadvanceftw lol

GrimReaper501 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 06:23 AM   #29
GrimReaper501

GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71903DC5 View Post
Just don't cheap on your suspension man. A good set of coilovers will be worth the money especially for your future plans

Def agreed. Iíve seen all the threads of failed lowering attempts. Iím getting ready to get some tein advance for my set up

Old 09-14-2018, 06:57 AM   #30
GrimReaper501

Mod opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
I don't understand why you let your folks get you into this? So to speak, now your wanting to please yourself and make it what YOU wanted in the first place? Like dude said your kinda pissin' in the wind on this deal. Drive it, enjoy it, get through collage w/ no hassle's or down time, spend the extra money at the bar, graduate, get a good job and go live your life while acquiring what YOU want.

I mean, they didnít talk me into it. They just said I couldnít buy anything in manual. I could have gotten a Genesis coupe, GTI, anything with my budget. But I wanted the RSX. Yeah I wanted the hype s version but 🤷🏽*♂️ oí whale.

I know I said Iím stuck with it till after college, but I mainly meant Iím stuck with itís current form (shit auto tranny, sitting too high, no wing) Iím def keeping the car for a very long time. Till way after college. Itís just annoying that itís stock, slow, & sorta ugly lol all of that will change real soon tho

Last edited by GrimReaper501; 09-14-2018 at 07:00 AM..
Old 09-14-2018, 08:30 AM   #31
BrutalB83
WILDCARD!

BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BrutalB83 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper501 View Post
I mean, they didnít talk me into it. They just said I couldnít buy anything in manual. I could have gotten a Genesis coupe, GTI, anything with my budget. But I wanted the RSX. Yeah I wanted the hype s version but 🤷🏽*♂️ oí whale.

I know I said Iím stuck with it till after college, but I mainly meant Iím stuck with itís current form (shit auto tranny, sitting too high, no wing) Iím def keeping the car for a very long time. Till way after college. Itís just annoying that itís stock, slow, & sorta ugly lol all of that will change real soon tho

Did they say no to manual so that other people can drive it if need be? That's typically the reasoning I see for that type of thing.

I like that my Type-S is manual for that very reason. "Cool car man...can I drive it?" "Can you drive a stick? No? Sorry."
BrutalB83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #32
GrimReaper501

Quote:
Owning an RSX is like being "stuck" by a hot ass blond with big tits! I admire your zest on what you want to do. I too like to row through the gears, but swapping in a 6 speed will cost you cubic $$$ not cubic inches. I bought some inexpensive springs off E-bay! My car has a nice stance and rides GREAT! M2 lowering springs along w/ "speedyracer" camber kit lowered 1 1/4. I've done some other reasonable mods to address issues, if you want to call it that?

Basically, If something is needed? I upgrade at that point. Quick list: energy suspension inserts in the stk engine mounts did wonders. Stainless brk lines, instant improvement. Ceramic pads a must. keep it in GOOD tune! This means coil packs, O2 sensors, (standard or bosch work well) and injectors mine are kielin re-builds. Get a shift kit for it. I bumped my exhaust up to 2 1/2 cat back and it killed me! I now run the 2 1/4 WITH heavy duty cat. Don't punch it out or run a test pipe it will fuc up your fuel curve. ST. and LT. The S comes w/ a tubular header, why buy another one? You should get one though!

I have stk. rims w/ kick ass ALL weather tires (Cooper ZEON RS3-A ) Rims look cool and all but there just gonna get scratched, then stolen and cops pick on cars w/ shoes cuz they think your a drug dealer. Put some 20's on it and see! On the other hand in your case you should look good! get a good quality spoiler I've heard bad things about knock-offs. Try to get one out of the boneyard that matches? (mine has none, I just like people look'n at my rear bumper).

One word--NITROUS! Be careful with that a 50hp boost put's you in the game though? Thanx for your time. Talk to M^^^^^17 He knows his stuff and has a base also. Did I just call him an asshole? NO.

BOL hot blond with big tits & Iím not swapping for a 6 speed. Iím gonna drop in a junkyard 5 speed i found for $565. All the other stuff I can get cheap too if I get it offline. Gonna get stage 2 clutch & flywheel & blah blah blah. & I have to remove a transmission for a grade in my class. So I may as well swap out the tranny from my own car AND get the grade. Win win.

Also, Iím not gonna do too much with the exhaust because I may need to get something custom made for the turbo set up. Iím thinking maybe just 3 inch all the way back? Thats what everybody else does with their turbo build.

& I have NEVER heard of cops picking on cars cause they look like drug dealers with ugly ass 20ís for rims, then yeah, maybe. Iím planning on getting some 17x9 MST MT01 bronze rims & having a slightly stretched look. Maybe 205/15/17? Gonna add a bit of negative camber. Maybe add some wheel spacers. I wanna be low but not, dangerously low. I live in FL & being too low is gonna cause more probs. I already banged up my front bumper & the car is stock height 🤦🏽*♂️

& No wet shot. Iím not too big into that. I prefer a proper build. Some ppl have gon nitrous on stock blocked & it did NOT end well. Just tossing on nitrous can be cheap & effective but I need to hear some turbo noises & feel that boost lag kick in

Old 09-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #33
GrimReaper501

Mod opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalB83 View Post
Did they say no to manual so that other people can drive it if need be? That's typically the reasoning I see for that type of thing.

I like that my Type-S is manual for that very reason. "Cool car man...can I drive it?" "Can you drive a stick? No? Sorry."

No....my mum was in my old car & it had a giant ass/loud af 4.75Ē catback...I needed to pass somebody cause they were going 15 in a 45..So I just tapped the peddle just a TINY BIT......

And she freaked lol. Ever since then shes been trying VERY hard to land me in a Camry or something more ďpracticalĒ so it was hard as is to try & cop the RSX. I got real lucky IMO. I wish I never screwed up driving her around that day. I coulda had the type s

& everybody just falls in love with the way I use the manual mode in the car. Like, everybody at my job wants to learn how. & Im like dude, itís not even true manual

Last edited by GrimReaper501; 09-14-2018 at 11:20 AM..
Old 09-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #34
GrimReaper501

Quote:
Your smart! I did the same thing in H/S! took classes to further MY agenda....You might even get
50$ out of the auto? Your on the right path in many ways. You still should have got a Type S though.

The wet shot was a quic and EZ as to getting you "there" Hell yeah it's risky. You may consider a blower though? It's right there all the time and would give you the kick in the ass you so desire? Turbo's have to spool up. Then again, the RSX rapp's out pretty quik. Exedy Is a good setup I have the stage 2. It's a must!

Thx & Maybe a blower. But Itíd be temporary. Tbh until I get boosted Iím just gonna get a catback & rbc intake & then tune it myself & sit back & save money. It wonít be a shit load of power but it will be more way more enjoyable.

& the auto has 75K miles. I think I can get a lot more than 50 bucks lol. The problem is, idk whos gonna want to buy it besides the junkyard 🤷🏽*♂️ & yeah, I really wanted that Type s At least its still an RSX

& really? Iíve actually been reading a bit about the K24. Iím thinking about doing a frank swap before I slap the turbski on. Can have a stroked motor, higher redline, AND some more off the line power. I think that would be beast af.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:46 AM   #35
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Owning an RSX is like being "stuck" by a hot ass blond with big tits! I admire your zest on what you want to do. I too like to row through the gears, but swapping in a 6 speed will cost you cubic $$$ not cubic inches. I bought some inexpensive springs off E-bay! My car has a nice stance and rides GREAT! M2 lowering springs along w/ "speedyracer" camber kit lowered 1 1/4. I've done some other reasonable mods to address issues, if you want to call it that?

Basically, If something is needed? I upgrade at that point. Quick list: energy suspension inserts in the stk engine mounts did wonders. Stainless brk lines, instant improvement. Ceramic pads a must. keep it in GOOD tune! This means coil packs, O2 sensors, (standard or bosch work well) and injectors mine are kielin re-builds. Get a shift kit for it. I bumped my exhaust up to 2 1/2 cat back and it killed me! I now run the 2 1/4 WITH heavy duty cat. Don't punch it out or run a test pipe it will fuc up your fuel curve. ST. and LT. The S comes w/ a tubular header, why buy another one? You should get one though!

I have stk. rims w/ kick ass ALL weather tires (Cooper ZEON RS3-A ) Rims look cool and all but there just gonna get scratched, then stolen and cops pick on cars w/ shoes cuz they think your a drug dealer. Put some 20's on it and see! On the other hand in your case you should look good! get a good quality spoiler I've heard bad things about knock-offs. Try to get one out of the boneyard that matches? (mine has none, I just like people look'n at my rear bumper).

One word--NITROUS! Be careful with that a 50hp boost put's you in the game though? Thanx for your time. Talk to M^^^^^17 He knows his stuff and has a base also. Did I just call him an asshole? NO.
It wouldn't be far from the truth if you did
mfarmakas17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #36
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
M-17 stocker is back! I thought we quashed our beef? LOL Is M-17 better than a M-16? You've been avoiding me like the plague. This hurts my feelings...Ö..
I am not! I just tend to comment/post on threads that I can help with, don't have time to argue on every thread you're on lol
PS, the beef was eaten
mfarmakas17 is online now   Reply With Quote