Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

New 06 Type S owner

Tags
owner type
5K views 84 replies 14 participants last post by  SanDiegoLoCo 
#1 ·
Hi, name is Jim, and have been wanting one of these cars for a while.
I finally found one in Texas. Never has left the state, and clean carfax.
111,000 miles, 100% stock. February 15th, i'll be flying down to drive it home to Minnesota.
Looking forward to warm up for a few days before heading back to the frozen tundra.
I may make a video log of my trip, and i'll be taking a lot of pictures.
Mods not sure what i'll do, I know the 1st thing, window tint.

See less See more
#49 ·
Looking good. I’m jealous
Well i finally started my tail light gasket project.
Everything went fine, just took longer to dry out the tail lights than i expected.

Nice are you keeping stock or modding
Plans are to try and keep it as stock as i can, i'm not promising anything, but i'll try.. lol

Can someone tell me what this unit is under the rear driver side bumper ?
Thanks.

#51 ·
Heyyy , mr snow got some sun!! Haha, I can’t stand two things : No tint or No AC, I’m at 5% all around with the sunroof and windshield stripe :fuck the police:
Yeah, I think Spring is finally here to stay, maybe i shouldn't have said that out loud.. :noes:

I think the next project is to get them brake pads in, and flush the brake system.
once the weather gets a bit warmer, i'll spend the weekend installing my fog lights, I think i'll start with the interior wiring harness 1st, seems to be more challenging.

I had to change the serpentine belt the other day, i noticed it was starting to fray a bit, pretty simple job once you figure the routing of the belt... lol

#54 ·
I’m putting my car on the back burner as the clear coat is now cancerous. It’s fun to drive but it now lacks luster. It feels slow to me now , I’m getting the horse power craving. But I’m unwilling to do anything about it. So I’m focusing on stacking cash so I can afford paint and upgrade the audio, reupholster the steering whee and seats, lighting , pretty much just clean it up and do last couple little things it needs. I don’t plan on doing much to my car this year just going to chill and stack. However it is very solid it feels good to drive and I’m trying to keep miles off of it by cycling through my other two vehicles. Almost two years with the car and only 7k miles put on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#55 ·
I’m putting my car on the back burner as the clear coat is now cancerous. It’s fun to drive but it now lacks luster. It feels slow to me now , I’m getting the horse power craving. But I’m unwilling to do anything about it. So I’m focusing on stacking cash so I can afford paint and upgrade the audio, reupholster the steering whee and seats, lighting , pretty much just clean it up and do last couple little things it needs. I don’t plan on doing much to my car this year just going to chill and stack. However it is very solid it feels good to drive and I’m trying to keep miles off of it by cycling through my other two vehicles. Almost two years with the car and only 7k miles put on
I bought my 97 Civic EX in 07, i put about 9K miles on it in 12 years, I sold it last weekend.. Now if i can just keep the mileage down on my new car,
that would be great, it may be a bit easier now since i have a company vehicle to use for my errands.
My next big project for the car is to have the hail damage remove, a few dimples in the roof, and passenger side panels. Honda quote was around 3K,
but a friend that works for Honda said he would do it at his house for 1K, but then i would have a perfect body, and he said the body would be 100% perfect, think it's worth it ?

#59 ·
How’s everything going with the car. How’s the weather been lol
Well, after our last snow storm last week, another 8.5 inches, it has warmed up, and all the snow has melted.
Tomorrow it will be sunny and 65, and even 70 on Saturday. I am going to get some stuff done this weekend.
Thinking of painting my A pillars and headliner to match the black interior.
time to install the new brake pads, and flush the brake fluid. if i have time, i may start the interior wiring for the fog lights.

#61 ·
Well after checking my brakes closely, I have 1/2 a pad left,
really couldn't tell with the tires on, so it will be a while before i need new pads,
but i did get the interior pieces painted, turned out really good.
I ordered the ASpec front lip from my local Acura dealer, will be in tomorrow,
have a local RSX club member helping me install it over the weekend.
Not sure if i want to match the rear with the same or go Mugen, but dealers can't help me there. :randy: Pics will come when i have it installed.

#66 ·
Fuck you.. it's snowing tomorrow, can you believe that shit.
south part of the state could get 5-9 inches.. only flurries here.

I am searching for the rear A spec for my car, it has to be OEM.
let me know if you find one... I can get a brand new one from Acura,
but they don't have my color, and i would hate painting over a perfectly good paint job.
I can get one shipped to my door for about $380, but then i'm out for the new paint.

#68 ·
Aww the front is magnesium , and the rear is white pearl. Shame you just bought the front lip he had it. I don’t think he wants to piece it out I though. I am real close to just snatching it up but it’s not much of a discount from just getting from dealer

#69 ·
Yeah i did see that post, $800 something for the kit,
kind of high for used, plus adding the cost of painting.
What color are you looking for ?
New cost of a wing $401 + shipping, and side skirts $351 + shipping.
I really don't care for the side skirts, and new is too much,
rear wing i will not add, a little too rice for my taste,
rear lip, i could go Aspec, or Mugen, don't matter to me,
I think they both look nice.

#70 · (Edited)
Saturday
I finally got my lip and fog lights installed,
still need to install the interior wiring to make them work..
Maybe tomorrow. The snow missed us and the sun came out around noon,
wasn't going to waste a minute. Did the majority of the work in my apartment... lol

SanDiegoLoCo
Sunday
PS... I did the interior wiring today for the fog lights, and got them working,
but they only work when the headlights are on, maybe Honda wanted it that way ?
It all maters where you hook up the wire that runs to the steering column switch,
maybe i should have used my tester to find which one works on the parking lights.
This was using Honda instructions, was a bit confusing, but i got'er done.
Let me know if ya need help.

#71 ·
There is a pretty nice write up on the install from Spaz the god , and he dives into how to add a switch ( OEM ) and make so you can run the lights whenever you want ( I think ) I haven’t read in a while. But there are a couple good installs. I’ve just been so broke between trying to get my suspension pieces in , gambling, and taking care of the family ( sh1t a$$ ton of bills wrecking my car money ) I’ve had fog lights as wel as whole bunch of other crap in my shopping cart on kseries parts for like almost a year LOL

#78 ·
Started my vacation today, so i'll have 3 weeks to tinker.
I ripped out my headliner yesterday to start the color change,
from that gray to black, to match the rest of the interior.

Have all parts colored with, Dupli-color vinyl and fabric paint, flat black,
after spraying the A pillar covers,
i was amazed how closely the color matches the OEM panels on the car.
Now all that is left to do is the sunroof sliding door, need to
head out to Home Depot for some plastic to cover the interior stuff while i paint.
too bad you can't remove this panel without removing the sunroof.
I'll post pics when i complete the job.
Tomorrow i should have everything buttoned back up.

#79 ·
Started my vacation today, so i'll have 3 weeks to tinker.
I ripped out my headliner yesterday to start the color change,
from that gray to black, to match the rest of the interior.

Have all parts colored with, Dupli-color vinyl and fabric paint, flat black,
after spraying the A pillar covers,
i was amazed how closely the color matches the OEM panels on the car.
Now all that is left to do is the sunroof sliding door, need to
head out to Home Depot for some plastic to cover the interior stuff while i paint.
too bad you can't remove this panel without removing the sunroof.
I'll post pics when i complete the job.
Tomorrow i should have everything buttoned back up.

View attachment 549645

View attachment 549647
Ohhhh thats nice. I was wondering the other day what I'd have to do in order to get rid of this weird creme colored roof.

Cant wait to see the end results!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.