Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Time Needed for K24 Swap

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mrjedi 
#1 ·
It's been over 4 months since I approached my installer about replacing the bottom end of my Type S motor with a K24A2 bottom end. To save money, he sourced a good/used K24 block. That was found in February and it took the engine shop 2 months before they could get to the engine to tank, mike, bore, hone, and deck the block. Now I'm waiting a few weeks for my installer to start building the block.

Anyone else here got a K24 swap? How long did it take from beginning to end?

I want to get everyone's experiences just for my sanity's sake.

#4 ·
did my swap in 2 days. 1st day had the k20 out, modded k20 oil pump and swapped in the z1 cams. put as much on as we could while k24 was on the stand. 2nd day swapped in k24 and ran into a few problems that slowed us down but managed to get it done. Then of course tuning took a few hours.

if i could do it again i would have liked to taken it slower and tuck everything better.

#5 ·
Thanks for all the input. Just curious if it normally takes 1 month to find a good K24A2 bottom and 2 months at a machine shop to get it ready. I was told the shop was busy, but two months? I wish I was good with a wrench. No one will care more about your car than you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.