Fuel Injector Size OEM Too Big? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > All Motor RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-30-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
elfhippy

elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Fuel Injector Size OEM Too Big?

So I'm currently running a 2006 Acura RSX Base Model and I know that the spec for the stock injectors is 270cc/min but when I looked up a chart for sizing injectors that seemed way too high. It seems like it should be closer to 230cc/min. Help please!

Old 11-30-2018, 05:48 PM   #2
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What exactly do you need help with? lol

Not sure what chart you're looking at, but I would take that info with a very large grain of salt. Honda must have picked 270cc injectors for a reason. They're more than adequate for bolt ons and a tune.

I don't see what benefit you would gain running smaller injectors.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:56 PM   #3
elfhippy

elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elfhippy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Sorry I didn't mention why I was worried lol I'm just worried that if my injectors are dumping in more fuel than the cylinders can handle that it would damage the engine and was just wondering if downsizing the injectors would be appropriate because that just seemed like a lot of gas for a car with that's barely making 155hp at this point (it's not doing so hot)

Here's the chart btw:

https://www.injectorsonline.com/us/b...fuel-injectors

Old 11-30-2018, 06:44 PM   #4
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Interesting read, but I’m still doubtful on that chart lol. The injector size is totally fine dude. If it was dumping that much fuel, you would’ve thrown a CEL.

What sort of problems are you experiencing?
How are your plugs and a/f looking?
Old 11-30-2018, 06:54 PM   #5
elfhippy

Just not the best throttle response but that's probably a multitude of things thanks man put my mind at ease
Old 12-01-2018, 05:32 AM   #6
mfarmakas17

Yeah, just check your typical maintenance stuff. I’m sure it’s something simple, good luck